Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > For Sale & Wanted [Archive]

[Sold] 2012 D4 HSE - Potential bargain in Cheshire
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
D4Novice

[For Sale] 2012 D4 HSE - Potential bargain in Cheshire

The end of our camping years forces a change of car so I'm moving on my much loved D4.

I've got a price of £16k from an independent dealer but it will go on their forecourt for £20k. I need it gone soon before the new car arrives, but I would rather it went to a good home than lining their pocket. So, on the off-chance, here goes:

Owners: 2 (I am the 2nd)
Plate: 2012
Colour: Black
Miles: 61k
Service history: Full
MOT: Sept 2020
Model: HSE
Specs: All the usual HSE goodies like the panoramic roof*, timed climate etc plus privacy glass, side step, carpet floor mats and maybe some others. I'm not sure what is standard and what not. Ask me if there is a gizmo you are looking for.

Now, I'm a believer in karma so I'm not out to do anyone a disservice. So, at the chance of ruining my advert here is what you need to know:

1) The front arms need replacing
2) Next service due Dec 2019 and inc the belts
3) Needs new passenger tyre (scrubbed due to arms)
4) There is a small dent on the tail gate which you might want to get popped out

I have been quoted between £1,600 and £1,800 for 1, 2, and 4. Obviously you can get your own prices or if you know what you are doing, tackle it yourself.

All in you can end up with a clean car, fully serviced and good for another 60k miles for less than £18k.

I've had the car for 30,000 miles and hands down it's been the best I have owned but it's now too big for our needs.

Pictures to follow tomorrow when the sun comes up.

*fixed under the LR recall.

Post #208752527th Sep 2019 6:23 pm
betty02

United Kingdom 

Commenting to subscribe. Potentially got genuine interest. Need to speak with the the Mrs as I still have my BM, but price and mileage seems a fantastic opportunity!

Post #208754727th Sep 2019 7:52 pm
D4Novice

Sun is up, but the rain is out. Not much I can do about that living in the Northwest but rest assured the rain drops are not hiding any defects other than the car needing a clean when/if it stops raining. Everything of substance that anyone needs to know is in the post above.

In addition to the photo's I have included the MOT from 9/9/19 which identifies the arms and front tyre. The arms will need doing, but they are not going to fall off. This is a job you could postpone to smooth the cash outlay.

Finally, the rear tyres were new in July so plenty of tread left. The front driver is fine also but I'm told with 4x4 that when you replace one you replace the pair.

Hopefully the honesty is appreciated rather than off putting. Sort out the service and tyre(s) and you could be in this car for £17k.

Post #208766928th Sep 2019 9:45 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >