Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > For Sale & Wanted [Archive]

[Sold] D3 HSE - full D4.5 spec
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Danny4383

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3
[For Sale] D3 HSE - full D4.5 spec

I have decided to sell my 2005 Discovery HSE after much deliberation! I wanted my wife to replace her car with it but she thinks it’s too big for her. Sadly I can’t justify keeping it alongside its replacement as much as I would love to, so it sadly has to go! I bought the car from a client of mine around 18 months ago and he bought the car brand new and specced it up to the max at the time!

Being a HSE it has a very high spec including;

- Heated front and rear screens
- Heated front and rear seats
- Electric front seats (driver’s has memory setting)
- Cruise control
- Sat nav
- Phone connectivity
- Rear aircon (rare?)
- Roof mounted fold down TV’s (x2) hooked up to a Pioneer DVD player under the front passenger seat
- 7 seats
- Rear privacy glass
- Glass roof

Since owning the car I have carried out the following work/upgrades;

- Full D4.5 facelift including front bumper (with fogs), grille, bonnet badge (Discovery), Xenon signature headlights, powerfold mirrors, later wings and wing vents, wing badges to replace side repeaters, black rear lights (with resistors), late rear bumper, later colour coded arch trims, late spec 20’s with Pirelli Scorpions all round – wheels are immaculate!
- British American Concepts Bluetooth module in the back of the armrest – best thing I’ve bought!
- Later heated steering wheel (RRS), heater works as do the controls thanks to BBS boards being installed – this really changed the feel of the car for me!
- Later indicator and wiper stalks (much better than the D3 ones IMO)
- Lightly tinted front windows (very subtle)
Rubber floor mats (have original carpet ones too)
- Genuine boot tray
- Genuine side steps added (still have original uncut sill trims)
- Powerful UK colour coded door handle covers have been fitted

The car comes with a full service history, mainly main dealer until a few years ago when it started going to an Indy instead. There is a ton of paperwork with the car, including the original bill of sale. The last service was carried out at 136,903 miles on the 30/10/19. In terms of maintenance and servicing during my ownership, I have had the following done;

- New rear calipers, discs and pads (5/3/19) - £354.60
- Timing belts changed (20/5/19) - £726.85
- Fixed the leaky sunroof (been watertight for over a year now!) - £301.34
- BAS EGR blank kit fitted
- BAS remap – (5/12/19) - £420
- N/S/R top arm, N/S/R anti-roll bar link, N/S/F inner rack end (5/7/19) - £510.78

I also had the oil changed again a few weeks ago, the service wasn’t/isn’t due yet but I thought I would have it done anyway whilst it was at the garage having the turbo actuator inspected as I was worried it might be sticking. Thankfully, it was moving freely but one of the turbo hoses had come loose so they resealed it and the car has been driving a lot better since!

As with all cars that are 15 years old there are some bad points and I’m a firm believer in being very honest about a car before people take the time travelling to come and see it (been burnt myself by misleading ads in the past!) The following ‘issues’ were on my list to sort out;

- The parking sensors have literally just started playing up this week (sod’s law!) – I suspect one sensor might have stopped working but I haven’t had time to take a look at it yet
- The remote(s) for the DVD player are not responding. Someone thinks it might be a sensor (red eye) that is mounted to the windscreen but it’s not something that I’ve ever had anyone look at properly. The DVD player works and the screens display whatever is playing and sound comes through the wireless headphones (x4 pairs) but the remotes do not work!
- The front bumper is actually coris grey but I had it vinyl wrapped to match the rest of the car – it’s a very good match and you’d be hard pressed to tell. Someone might prefer to strip the vinyl off and have the bumper painted. The bumper is in mint condition, just the wrong colour!
- The same applies to the top half of the mirrors, they are actually dark blue but have been vinyl wrapped silver – again, not something anyone has ever spotted!
- The arch trims do have the odd scratch/mark on them as they came from a car that wasn’t as mint as mine – I had intended to have them resprayed at some point but it never bothered me enough to do it in the end
- The same applies for the later boot handle and lower tailgate trim – would benefit from repainting
- The powerfold mirrors do not work! I have been in contact with a member on here who thinks he can sort them by splicing my old mirror’s wiring with the new ones (old mirrors will come with the car) – again I’ve never had time/been bothered enough to sort it yet! The indicators in them work and the glass is adjustable, they just don’t fold on the switch anymore
- When indicating left the indicator flashes too fast inside the car, it’s fine on the outside. It’s a bit annoying and most likely down to something to do with the wingmirror wiring, I was hoping fixing the powerfold function might also fix this issue at the same time. Come to think of it, I haven’t taken the left rear light out to check that the resistor hasn’t come loose for some reason…..
- The FBH has stopped working recently – not had chance to investigate this further yet. It definitely did work when I first bough the car….
- When I fitted the later spec colour coded boot handle I also bought a genuine LR camera to go in it – this has never been wired up but is in situ for someone else to do it
- The DRL’s do not come on as they need wiring up. I have sorted the wiring to make it possible to flash the main beam when the lights are switched off however
- The spare wheel is still an original 19” D3 HSE wheel – keep meaning to source a 20” wheel but never get round to it
- There is a dent in the bottom of the rear passenger door where someone backed into the car in a car park the week before I bought it (it didn’t have side steps at that time). In certain lights you notice more, it hasn’t broken the paintwork and I’ve never been sufficiently bothered by it to get it fixed

The current mileage is just over 140,000 but will continue to rise steadily as I use the car daily for work. I have just paid a deposit on a new car so the Disco can go straight away really, just need to take the private plate off first. The car spent the majority of its life with the registration plate ST05 ROB on it, I gave this back to the guy I bought it off so the car will now be on YF05 NNR once I take my plate off.

It also comes with a full car cover (I’ve never used this) and a genuine LR day tent that goes at the rear of the car and can be closed off and the car driven away – I’ve never used this either! The guy I bought the car from bought it from LR with the car and just kept it in the boot.

This is a thread on here that relates to the car during my ownership;

https://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/d3-hse-176521.html

Price wise, I’m really struggling with what to ask for it. I know it won’t be everyone’s cup of tea but if you want a sorted D3 that looks a hell of a lot newer than it actually is, then buying mine is a good option I guess! The car owes me a small fortune but I’m pragmatic about that and would love a fellow enthusiast to enjoy the car as much as I have so I’m sticking it on here for a while before putting it on a well-known auction site with a price of £6,500 OVNO…

The car is currently too dirty to get any decent shots of it but the most recent ones in the thread above show what it looks like. I will get it properly cleaned and take some decent shots soon.

If anyone wants to come and see the car, they are more than welcome to do so at a convenient time – the car is based in Harrogate (HG1 1JT).

I’m sure there’s loads I’ve forgotten to mention but feel free to DM with any queries you might have.

Thanks for looking.

Post #21265018th Mar 2020 3:35 pm
Danny4383

Post #21265038th Mar 2020 3:40 pm
marsie

England 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Firenze RedDiscovery 4

Very Nice, good luck with the sale Thumbs Up
 Previous Discos
1989 200tdi 3dr
1994 300tdi ES
1995 3.9 ES (x3)
2000 4.0 adventurer
2001 4.0 ES
2005 D3 HSE (zambesi silver)
2007 D3 SE (Lugano teal)
2011 D4 XS (Baltic Blue)
2008 D3 HSE PREMIUM (buckingham blue)
2009 D4 XS (Nara bronze)
2006 D3 Metropolis (Java Black)
2012my D4 HSE (indus silver)
Current 2013 D4 XS (Firenze red) 

Post #21265178th Mar 2020 4:51 pm
Danny4383

Thanks marsie, it will he missed!

Post #21265448th Mar 2020 6:40 pm
bembo449

that looks fantastic pal , I can see why your gutted to sell it Sad

Post #21267879th Mar 2020 5:44 pm
Danny4383

Cheers mate, if I wasn’t suddenly doing so many more miles with work I’d keep it!

Post #21268259th Mar 2020 7:18 pm
darrind

England 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

does look nice - lot of car for the money

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
 Must stop buying shiny toys....  
Post #21268299th Mar 2020 7:22 pm
Danny4383

Thanks 😊

Post #21268379th Mar 2020 7:35 pm
Timothy3049

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Aintree GreenDiscovery 3

How much

Post #212975320th Mar 2020 8:07 am
Danny4383

I’ve just sent you a PM.

Post #212977220th Mar 2020 9:13 am
Danny4383

Some new photos taken today;

Price reduced to £6,000 as my new car has arrived! Surely this is a bargain now?

Post #213015021st Mar 2020 12:46 pm
jonesdw

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Adriatic BlueDiscovery 3
disco

PM sent

Post #213116424th Mar 2020 9:31 am
Danny4383

PM replied to mate Thumbs Up

Post #213120024th Mar 2020 10:39 am
Emmet McKnight

Ireland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Really nice motor and a great price. Do you remember how you wired the mirrors up? I tried mine today, got the power folding working but not the indicator or mirror adjustment, motor just keeps running for adjustment.

Post #213719411th Apr 2020 6:52 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >