Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > FS: Parts & Accessories

[Sold] Escape Gear Seat Covers + Dash protector.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
CIO

Bahrain 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4
[For Sale] Escape Gear Seat Covers + Dash protector.

Full set - for 7 seats + front arm rests + console cover + Dash Protector. Never actually used (except i fitted the front seats + console cover today)

Purchased / made to order in 2019 and have been in dry storage ever since. So in brand new condition.

Made in Polycotton Tough Canvas - Charcoal colour. For RHD vehicles.

I ordered these for my landmark with rear seat entertainment, so the front seat covers can be fitted without having to remove the headrests, however Escape Gear messed up the order and originally sent with front seat covers to fit non-RSE headrests, then they re-made the front seat covers correctly, so i have both styles. Sadly they messed up again and didn't make the front headrest covers big enough to cover the RSE headrests (will fit non-RSE headrests) - which I only realised when I came to fit them today.

Anyway.. Reason for selling is that I just cant bare to cover the lovely buttery soft leather on my discovery. I purchased these prior to the pandemic then couldn't get back over the to the UK for 2.5 years which is why I only got around to fitting them now.

I have the dash protector on my disco in Bahrain (which has the cheaper leather dash) and the extra storage pockets are really handy. Also useful if your dash is cracked.

250UKP for the lot + delivery or you're welcome to collect - i'm in Cornwall (St. Austell) until the 22nd July, then the Peak District (Buxton) from the 24th until the 28th.
 Chris
--
2016 D4 Landmark in the UK. 2014 LR4 SE in Bahrain. 

Post #229942710th Jul 2022 8:28 pm
Safari Hunter

2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Graphite LE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

I'm interested in the dash cover mate. Any photos please?

Post #229950811th Jul 2022 10:34 am
Shaun R.

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

I've just ordered a Dash Protector from Escape Gear! Neutral

What is the console cover? I didn't see that on their website and may be interested.......

Post #229957111th Jul 2022 6:42 pm
gstuart

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Hi Shaun

Hope u don’t mind me asking but would u be so kind to let us know what the dashboard cover is like please , as would also like to order one

Would be very grateful along with if u get chance of some pics plse , many thks and plse feel free to PM me so it doesn’t interfere with the original sellers post

Thanks so much

Gary

PS, hope u didn’t mind me asking within ur thread Chris , many thks Bow down

Post #229958011th Jul 2022 7:59 pm
CIO

Sorry chaps. Overdid it on the beach yesterday and spent all day today nursing sunburn and a bit of heatstroke Embarassed

@Gary, no issues buddy.

I'll try and take some pictures of it laid over the dash tomorrow. When fitted, it's held on by 3m tape and is a really accurate, secure, smart fit. I just couldn't bring myself to stick it to the beautiful leather dash though. There are three pockets - a slim one over the binnacle, then two bigger ones to the left of the binnacle. There are cutouts for the air vents at each end of the dash. As I mentioned, i have one (in the beige / sand colour) on my disco in Bahrain and it is super useful. I keep my insurance and registration docs in the pocket on the binnacle, my sunglasses, window breaking tool, gap tool and other bits in the pocket to my right and the far pocket is filled with surgical masks as I still have to wear a mask when entering the office.

@Shaun, console cover is a little hat (for want of a better word) that sits over the lid between the seats that covers the cool box. Matches all the other seat covers etc.

@Safari Hunter, Sorry mate, I'd really rather sell as a whole lot rather than splitting.

cheers
Chris
 Chris
--

Post #229975412th Jul 2022 9:25 pm
Shaun R.

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

Hi CIO

Thanks for that.

Good luck with the sale.

Post #229976712th Jul 2022 10:55 pm
Safari Hunter

2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Graphite LE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

OK mate no problem

Post #229981313th Jul 2022 10:40 am
CIO

Hi All,

Here are some pics of the dash cover. Do keep in mind that it's just laid over the dash and not stuck down. It looks much neater after being stuck down and given a bit of time to conform to the shape of the dash.

Chris
--

Post #229989913th Jul 2022 8:55 pm
Yankee_Rover

United States 2008 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Lux Auto Zermatt SilverLR3

Interested.

Couple questions:

1) Would you be willing to post to USA? I would cover cost and provide the necessary paperwork.

2) Is there any difference in the RHD covers vs LHD? The design doesn’t appear to cover the seat controls, so I’m not sure what might be different between the designs.

3) As much as I’d love that dash cover, it won’t fit my LHD model. Let me know if you are willing to split since you might have a separate buyer for that.
 2008 LR3 HSE, 4.4L V8  
Post #230047718th Jul 2022 2:07 pm
CIO

Hi Yankee_Rover

1 - Sorry, no can do. The package dimensions and weight mean that the international postage cost would be close to the value of the seat-covers themselves. I'm also on holiday so time spent sorting that out is time spent away from enjoying the holiday with my family, plus if there were to be issues with delivery or the covers themselves, it's likely i'd no longer be in the UK when those issues came to light which would make providing a solution impossible.

2 - I don't believe so. Both front seats covers are designed to work with airbags. I think they would work fine on an LHD vehicle. The only difference would be the one that's marked drivers side (on chalk inside the cover) would be on the passenger side of an LHD vehicle and the one marked as passenger side would be fitted to the drivers side. Row 2 and 3 are exactly the same regardless of RHD or LHD

3 - moot point because of point 1.

Apologies if i appear unhelpful / sound like the worst salesman in the world. My aim was to offer these up at an attractive price whilst requiring the absolute minimum effort from my side to clear a bit of space in my storage unit before our holiday ends. If they don't sell (which looks likely) i'll put them back into storage.
 Chris
--

Post #230051018th Jul 2022 6:20 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >