DISCO4.COM > In Car Electronics (D3)

Satmap
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
RLD
Uncle Ray 

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

yes i do think you can just got one the other day i will try it to see
 Home of RLD Hidden winch mounts Spare wheel Locks Trailer Body Fabrication [email protected] D3/4 sump plates MY 14 sump plates and the Discovery Sport wheel protectors Discovery 5 wheel locks
more Helsport tents and other things for camping Law of Mechanical Repair:
"After your hands are coated with grease, your nose will begin to itch and you'll have to pee!" 

Post #4322803rd Mar 2009 8:26 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
markalpha

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

cool, are you pleased with your purchase, how is it in the field when you use it working,

mark

Post #4324904th Mar 2009 8:11 am
RLD
Uncle Ray 

Hi Mark

Only got it Monday and its like a Disco3 broke it all ready put it on charge and now it wont switch on its dead tried the standard batteries and still no joy Big Cry Big Cry other than that we will see
 Home of RLD Hidden winch mounts Spare wheel Locks Trailer Body Fabrication [email protected] D3/4 sump plates MY 14 sump plates and the Discovery Sport wheel protectors Discovery 5 wheel locks
"After your hands are coated with grease, your nose will begin to itch and you'll have to pee!" 

Post #4324974th Mar 2009 8:29 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
markalpha

Good luck with it. Seems all new ideas these days are rushed to the market and we the public end up testing them!. Sure it will be fine once it is working, I have heard alot of good things about them.

Post #4326534th Mar 2009 1:31 pm
markalpha

How are you getting on with the Sat Map, is it fixed and working.

Post #44580428th Mar 2009 4:05 pm
RLD
Uncle Ray 

Yes it ok just feeling my way at the moment Whistle good bit of kit

Last edited by RLD on 28th Mar 2009 4:55 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #44582028th Mar 2009 4:42 pm
BORDER ROVER

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

I got myself one of these and have used it in quite a few instances, walking, cycling and on the Pot noodle challenge. Yep the mapping is expensive but really good. Am still getting used to the features but so far its been great. The SATMAP site now has a planning and route sharing facility which make planning routes a lot easier, i find downloading routes very easy and straight forward from different sources on the net. Some of the features are very useful and quite easy to use. Fully recommend the system if you can put up with the cost of the mapping. Reference the batts the rechargeable pack that you get in the power pack is very good with a good life on it, however always carry spare batts with me and the batt holder. Thumbs Up
 POT NOODLE NAVIGATION CHALLENGE 2010 WINNER
Club Sankey
Club pie and peas 

Post #44582228th Mar 2009 4:46 pm
markalpha

Can you read the screen when driving(or is it too small), I was thinking of attaching mine to the dash in the defender to give SWMBO less chance of getting us lost. Not that she needs a GPS or Sat Nav(so she tells me) and it will also multi task for walking, biking etc.

Post #44582628th Mar 2009 4:54 pm
RLD
Uncle Ray 

yes i can it has a good cover i started using it instead of my computer

Post #44582828th Mar 2009 4:56 pm
markalpha

Brilliant, must be good if you ditched the on board computer. Must see if amazon have got any.

Post #44583028th Mar 2009 4:59 pm
RLD
Uncle Ray 

well have not ditch the computer altogether as it has a lot of mapping on it but as time goes on and Satmap get more and more maps you never know i know that the military use them in Afghan and they will do maps for you at a price they have just got a new one out with world mapping on it but you can get it for the one i have as well

Post #44583728th Mar 2009 5:06 pm
grzesiul

Poland 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

would you guys recommend a sat nav for European driving with best coverage???

cheers
grzegorz

Post #44583828th Mar 2009 5:06 pm
RLD
Uncle Ray 

it is primarily a walking GPS and you cannot put in post codes in it only in the large maps of London and such like but what maps are out are brill

Post #44584028th Mar 2009 5:08 pm
markalpha

Good if I ever get lost and end up Taliban territory. They must be good if the militery use them, I thought they would use Garmin GPS, as they were developed for the military. I am happy with maps for uk and europe.

Post #44584128th Mar 2009 5:11 pm
BORDER ROVER

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Use in the car is ok and you can see the screen not to bad. I used it on the Pot noodle challenge and with the route uploaded into it, it was good. It alarms on the waypoints however i find its not very loud or i'm a little deaf. I have invested in the bike mount as well and it was great when out in the week going along some cycle routes that i downloaded. The only pain in the Censored is when using the Map packs on it they centre themselves on the area covered. I have the whole of UK on 2 cards when using the north map it will centre itself in glasgow in the planning mode, you then have to shift it down to where you are.
 POT NOODLE NAVIGATION CHALLENGE 2010 WINNER
Club Sankey
Club pie and peas 

Post #44584628th Mar 2009 5:16 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >