Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General (D4)

Saxtons 4x4
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
scimmiamagia

Saxtons 4x4

Not a lot mentioned about Saxtons recently on this site...? Does that mean they done good since building their shiny new showroom?

Has anyone recent experience they would care to share, either on or offlist?

Understand we shouldn't be slagging companies off online (leave that to them that feel the need to use Yell reviews or set up their own complaints website) but as a genuine looker-outer-for-a-used-discovery-4-hse*, it's always useful to get genuine feedback, good or bad.

*Back in the market again for a nice black, or grey HSE D4, preferably 8 speed, for around the £20k mark, like the one I sold a year ago...

Post #199567528th Oct 2018 11:26 am
Sharpy1980

United Kingdom 

We bought a 2016 Evoque from them in May for the misses, not keen on the supermarket 4x4 style but we had been looking for the right car for a year and they had it.

We wasn’t interested in all the bells and whistles that they try and sell which they must make more commission on and there part x offer was one of the lowest we’d had so didn’t part x which made it a very simple friendly transaction.
The parcel shelf was missing on collection day and the salesman tried to fob me off saying they don’t come with evoques only I had a photo showing it in there so he took one out of another evoque that didn’t have one lol.
They insisted on having the wheels refurbed at there cost and I would seriously refuse that offer as when we collected the car I spotted they hadn’t been refurbed but were clearly different wheels, they had fitted another set of wheels from another car as they didn’t have time to refurb them, we only found out later they were off a 2012 car and the wheels had gone porous due to corrosion.

Saxtons were a nightmare to deal with and it took for me to write a really bad review on trust pilot for them to finally sort it and then we received one of there refurbed set but although they look nice they are badly toshed over as the paint flakes of very easily at the edges, also I could only have the wheels replaced if I took the review down so be wary of not seeing many bad reviews.
Wheels aside the car has been great but I think like with any car it’s luck but it’s how the dealer responds to any issues that makes them good or bad so in my opinion due to my personal experience they are shisters with a shiny showroom and a pretty receptionist.
 Current
2007 Discovery 3 SE Tdv6 Zermatt
2007 RRS HSE Tdv8 Zermatt
2007 RRS HSE Tdv8 Lugano Teal

Gone
1999 D2 Td5 XS Facelift Java
2000 Freelander who cares
1986 Defender 90 200 Tdi Blue
1996 D1 V8i ES Green
1994 D1 200 tdi S Grey 

Post #199571528th Oct 2018 12:37 pm
Disco dazboy

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Any photos of the receptionist? Whistle Rolling with laughter
 D3 x2 now gone
Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace 4motion 

Post #199572028th Oct 2018 12:49 pm
Aerialmark

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

She worked at BMW before coming to Landrover Whistle
 The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of everything;
They just make the best of everything they have. 

Post #199574028th Oct 2018 1:51 pm
J@mes

England 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

I went to look at 3 2014/15 with low-ish mileages.

First off, the salesman tried to tell me that autotrader had listed them all £1000 under what they were really up for and it was some kind of bug with autotrader Rolling Eyes

Secondly, none of the cars were in the showroom or actually ready for sale - all were out back, jammed in and filthy.

Thirdly, they were all in a pretty shoddy state to be honest. They were all £26-28K cars, with trim missing, holed leather and dashboards, scratched panels, scuffed alloys.

The salesman said they would all be sorted before pickup but I didn't really want a vehicle with a multitude of quick fix cover ups. Not at that price anyway.

I asked if there was any wiggle room - none at all. Not even accessories, fuel etc.

So I left and bought a 1 owner low mileage great condition vehicle from a private seller for about £5k less than what Saxtons would have sold it for.
 2014 D4 XS
2005 D3 SE - Gone 

Post #199580428th Oct 2018 6:19 pm
Sharpy1980

United Kingdom 

Now you mention it ours was priced £1000 more than the advertised price, as I said shisters lol
 Current
2007 Discovery 3 SE Tdv6 Zermatt
2007 RRS HSE Tdv8 Zermatt
2007 RRS HSE Tdv8 Lugano Teal

Gone
1999 D2 Td5 XS Facelift Java
2000 Freelander who cares
1986 Defender 90 200 Tdi Blue
1996 D1 V8i ES Green
1994 D1 200 tdi S Grey 

Post #199581628th Oct 2018 6:54 pm
scimmiamagia

Mind...made up!

Post #199599129th Oct 2018 12:37 pm
mrluke

United Kingdom 

I bought a RRS from them this year .

As above wheels were refurbed at their cost, managed to get a choice of colour etc which was nice . Wasn't a brilliant job as there is a few runs inside and the paint is quite thin !

Car its self was good, my biggest bug bare was the car stank of cigarettes and they had made no job of trying to clean or get rid of the smell . I tried lots of stuff and in the end managed to use a oZone generator which got rid of the smell brilliantly.

I had a issue with the Driver Side power-fold mirror making such an awful noise and getting stuck so i rang their service department. No appointments available so you need to use their RAC warranty with some one else .

For such a minor thing i didn't bother in the end and just lubricated it my self . But i could imagine a more major fault probably would have been met with the same answer so i would question buying from them again !.

Oh and i also questioned why the showroom price was more money than auto trader . Salesmen said its for people who walk in without looking at the internet pricing so they "Think" they get a good deal when they managed to beat £1000 off the asking price . So basically they sucker you in !

Post #201149421st Dec 2018 10:05 am
ianm27

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 GS Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4

That last sentence would me make run away from the dealership!

We all know dealerships jack the price but to admit it really does stink of sharp practice Evil or Very Mad
 Uncle Ray's spare wheel protector
Limo Tint
Blackvue front & rear dashcam
Cruise control switch pack
Bodsy's remote for FBH 

Post #201154921st Dec 2018 2:18 pm
NJSS

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Waitomo GreyDiscovery 4

No personal experience; however I have heard similar stories - I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole.

NJSS
 Am I Gammon or Woke ? - I neither know nor care.

2016 Discovery 4 Landmark
2011 Mercedes Benz SL350 (R230)
1973 MG B GT V8 - 3.9L John Eales engine, 5 speed R380 gearbox, since 1975.
1959 MGA roadster - 1.9L Peter Burgess Engine - 5 speed gearbox
Past LRs - Multiple FFRs, Discos & a Series I - some petrol, some diesel,
none Electric or H2 fuel cell - yet.
There are 10 types of people in this world: Those who understand binary, and those who don’t. 

Post #201155721st Dec 2018 2:46 pm
Charliecloud

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

I went looking for a 3.2i FL2 there, they had 2 in stock. All the seat belts were mouldy as you pulled them out. The carpets were soaked and the engine bays were corroded. Turns out that they stem\ pressure wash everywhere inc the door shuts and then close them up and leave them. Sales guy made loads of promises about sorting out all the little niggles with the electronics. Needless to say I walked away.

This was 5 years ago, still wouldn't go back.

Post #201294127th Dec 2018 8:57 pm
Oscarsball

England 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4
Finance

They were very helpful when I was looking for a HSE Lux until I told them I didn’t want finance and then the salesman cleared off. When I went and asked at reception all of a sudden they had no one free.

Post #201295927th Dec 2018 10:07 pm
kajtzu

Finland 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

They must make quite a lot of money on financing on the backend then if they’re not interested in selling without.... Shocked

Post #201296227th Dec 2018 10:27 pm
Hairy Dan

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

They make all their money on finance, gap insurance, tyre insurance, scratch insurance and some form of paint protection amongst other things Laughing
 Cheers Ian
--------------------
Club N.E.R.D.S
Kielder 4x4 Safari
Discoless 

Post #201297827th Dec 2018 11:52 pm
kevofcov

England 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Graphite LE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 4

I visited without appointment earlier this year. Salesmen left his screen in the office and welcomed me. He immediately asked me to excuse him for a moment and he returned to his desk…… I waited and waited but he kept typing. I left never to return. Reading other thoughts on here I ‘dodged a bullet’.
First impressions are usually right. Thumbs Up

Post #201328528th Dec 2018 11:23 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >