Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Dealership & Sponsor Feedback

Scottish Dealers
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
B16 KJR

Scotland 

I would never in a million years EVER go back to Shields in Glasgow. Bought my last Discovery from them and had nothing but trouble for the next 6 months trying to get them to fix the leaking sunroofs. I suppose I have to be careful what I say, but I was totally pixxed off with their lies and excuses.

Not too fond of Stratstones in Edinburgh, went there last year for a service and found jobs they claimed to have done, not done.

Pentlands in Edinburgh where I bought the car did some work to rectify faults and to be honest made them worse and also gave me the car back complete with muddy footprints everywhere, door trims, seats etc, etc.

Decided this year to go to Lakeland for a service, long way but worth it. Will go back next year.

Post #37485917th Nov 2008 2:06 pm
JMC

Scotland 

B16 KJR wrote:
Decided this year to go to Lakeland for a service, long way but worth it. Will go back next year.

Even longer way to go for me but it's worth it for piece of mind alone. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

In fact, nearly three years of D3 ownership and I've only been to the dealers three times - once to buy and twice for service - exactly as it ought to be.

They are a nice bunch at Lakeland too..... except for the sales team, the service team and the DP... Wink Wink Wink Laughing
 The older I get, the more I realise that people confuse wrinkles for wisdom Smile
Founder member of Club FFRRV
Club Orange, Mint or Fruit
Club Walnut Sniffers

Post #37493417th Nov 2008 6:13 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Renny

Scotland 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Tech Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 4

Discowex wrote:
Ian Morrison ( Morrisons of Stirling) is a friend of my wifes family , and although retired ( I think ?) he'd be disappointed I'm sure at any negative feedback that they'd be getting.Renny , you probably know him from rallying fraternity ?
But I also know plenty of LR owners who have dealt with Morrisons and I have made a point of asking about them in conversation and anything I've heard is positive.

Yes, Logan is still DP, son Andrew Morrison is After Sales, Alan Sales Manager, an old-fashioned family firm Thumbs Up .

Met Logan and Andrew Cowan and their families at Silverstone in July.
 Renny Thomson
aka Scottish Scrutineer or MM0KOZ
MSA Scrutineer 

Post #37503017th Nov 2008 9:18 pm
axle

Australia 

Just wandered here from FFRR and for my two penny's worth I bought my Defender from Shields and I for one will be eternaly grateful for the way they tought me what expensive actualy means. Got my Full Fat from Taggerts Glasgow and so far it's been almost a pleaure.
 Wander over here to see how the other half live  
Post #37889825th Nov 2008 5:07 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Alan G

Scotland 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

jkp wrote:
I get all my service and warranty work done at Taggarts of Motherwell. They will most likely get 1st shout at getting me into another D3 when the time comes. They have a lot of D3's on the forecourt at the moment, as they are doing a promotion to shift used stock. I was in there this morning picking up a rear wipe blade and was almost tempted to has a nosey around, but had to get back for me physio.

I can only agree with you on Taggarts of Motherwell, we've had 3 discos off them and their customer service is first class, as is servicing etc.

Post #37979027th Nov 2008 1:01 pm
Popelka

Czech Republic 

digilox wrote:
Had a look at the service are which really all looked a bit hit and miss with so many vehicles around I can't see how they manage to get stuff in and out of the workshop let alone work on the vehicles.

Now isn't that the most important part of starting a relationship with Land Rover due to the complexities of the D3 is checking the service area and staff. your putting your safety and valued property in their hands.
 Experience is a difficult teacher, because she gives the test first and then the lesson afterwards!!!!  
Post #37981227th Nov 2008 2:06 pm
v40mav

Scotland 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Everyone seems to have mixed opinions about the local dealers, bought my D2 new at Pentland back in 04 and have had nothing but great service. Anytime work was needed it was done and car available for me to use.

So when it came time to change I did the rounds of all LR dealers. Without doubt the best attention I got was from Pentland - No pressure and the saleman worked very hard to get me the vehicle I wanted. They had plenty on the forecourt but secured the one I wanted from LR, they also offered the best changeover price.

Interstingly was in at the weekend as I'm looking at getting either a second D3 and selling my defender. Again first class - was given keys and freedom to look at car - but it was not right for me, however did spot a FFRR vogue that I'm hoping to secure this weekend.

It may be I've been lucky but I can only say how it is.

The next test will be when the sevice is due - I would be happy to try lakeland but it's all extra time
 TDV6 HSE - Silver
Defender 110 County
Freelander 2 HSE

www.lothian4x4response.org 

Post #3829834th Dec 2008 12:48 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >