Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Dealership & Sponsor Feedback

Scottish Dealers
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
TrueBlue

Scotland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3
Scottish Dealers

Hi anyone got any advice as to who is the best dealer to deal with in the central belt. I have looked through the site and found some posts regds Edinburgh but it seems to be hit and miss, maybe slightly favouring Stratsones.

I decided to go and give Morrisons in Stirling a go but to be honest i got the impression that they were not interested in the least, a really poor attitude. The answers offered were as short as poss and with no explanation, for example i asked for more information regarding Landrover assist and the answer " its a breakdown service" end of. No explanation of costs or if i would like to sign up, nothing. Anyway thats me finished with Stirling, it will be Perth, Edinburgh or Motherwell from now on.

Can anybody give me there views on using any of these dealers, would appreciate any viewpoints
cheers
TrueBlue
Very Happy
Still loving my big beasty

Post #36542527th Oct 2008 2:32 pm
JMC

Scotland 

Morrisons in Stirling tend to get good reviews from one or two on here. I've also heard good reports about the one JKP uses - which I think is Taggarts but not 100% on this. Stratstones generally are to be avoided but again, I haven't experienced them for myself.

A few of us - myself included - have become so disillusioned by our 'local' dealerships that we go all the way to the Lake District for service from Lakeland Land Rover (site sponsor). No issues there but it is a long way to go, especially since I'm probably 100 miles north of where you are Shocked
 The older I get, the more I realise that people confuse wrinkles for wisdom Smile
Founder member of Club FFRRV
Club Orange, Mint or Fruit
Club Walnut Sniffers

Post #36543427th Oct 2008 2:58 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
TrueBlue

cheers bud, maybe ive been unlucky today with Morrisons but they really werent interested at all, and ouch that is a long way to go but maybe I'll join you Very Happy I'll wait and see if any others can help as well, thanks again though

Post #36543527th Oct 2008 3:02 pm
jkp

Scotland 

I bought my D3 in Stratstones in Edinburgh. They will not get any more business from me 'nuff said Evil or Very Mad but that is from my personal experiences.

Morrisons is Stirling. I have been in the showroom a few times. Always found them to be pleasant and prices are okay'ish on trade ins.

I get all my service and warranty work done at Taggarts of Motherwell. They will most likely get 1st shout at getting me into another D3 when the time comes. They have a lot of D3's on the forecourt at the moment, as they are doing a promotion to shift used stock. I was in there this morning picking up a rear wipe blade and was almost tempted to has a nosey around, but had to get back for me physio.

Post #36543727th Oct 2008 3:11 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
TrueBlue

Thanks JKP, i think i will phone Motherwell and see how it goes. Im looking for advice on getting my phonebook to open on my phone via bluetooth, i was reading on here how some users were getting it done under warranty, i can only ask i suppose, cheers again.

Post #36544527th Oct 2008 3:27 pm
jkp

Scotland 

Speak to Jennifer on the service desk Thumbs Up

Post #36547327th Oct 2008 4:53 pm
TrueBlue

I will do cheers Very Happy

Post #36549427th Oct 2008 6:04 pm
CY

Scotland 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tangiers OrangeDiscovery 3

We had a very poor experience with Pentland on Lanark Road but moved to Stratstone at the end of the motor mile - they've been very good to us Confused
 2007 Porsche Boxster (987) 2.7
2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE G4 Challenge (1 of 68)
2023 Defender 90 D250 X-Dynamic HSE 

Post #36549727th Oct 2008 6:05 pm
TrueBlue

Yes thats kinda what i found on here, only one or two posts were negative but it put the seed of doubt in my mind, im going to try Motherwell first and see how that goes but thank you for the reply
Very Happy

Post #36550327th Oct 2008 6:13 pm
zaphod

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Bit of a trek for you, but I use Shields on the south side of Glasgow. Pretty good all round and the staff are very friendly.
 Sail Fast - Live Slow...

.. / -.- -. --- .-- / .-- .... . .-. . / -- -.-- / - --- .-- . .-.. / .. ... 

Post #36554627th Oct 2008 7:26 pm
digilox

Scotland 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Went to have a look at Discos at Pentland when I first thought about one. It's not surprising they have so much unsold stock. We must have been in there about 20 minutes before one of the sales guys even noticed us. Somewhat reluctantly he showed us a demo XS but couldn't offer us a run in it 'cos there were so many other vehicles blocking it in. Discussed a bit of finance with him and he said he would get back to me with figures. Eventually had to phone him the next day as he didn't phone back! He was talking telephone numbers compared with the deal I got on the internet from a broker down south. Had a look at the service are which really all looked a bit hit and miss with so many vehicles around I can't see how they manage to get stuff in and out of the workshop let alone work on the vehicles.

Went to Stratstones a couple of days later. The sales guy (Chris) could not have been more helpful even though I think he knew he wasn't going to match the internet deal.

At the moment I hopefully have a bit to go before I need a service etc. but I doubt Pentland will get the business which is a pity as they are only about 1 mile from the house !.
 Something that doesn't drink diesel and doesn't cost a bloody fortune everytime it needs serviced / fixed. But hey ....I got a deal from the leasing company on my D3 that you guys can only dream about !  
Post #36582628th Oct 2008 10:15 am
steadicamsteel

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Maya GoldDiscovery 3

First time poster and new owner of a lovely Disco 3 after writing off my Aston Martin 6 weeks ago.

Went into Pentland Landrover 3 days ago to get a complete upper rear door latch assembly (tailgate box) replacement. Was told it would be in the next morning. Got there the next day around 2pm to be told the part was fitted to another vehicle. Was then told they'd schedule me in on Saturday morning but would call me first.

It's now 13:30 saturday and no call.

My father always told me "never beg to give your money away". Ordered the part on the interweb and I'll fit it myself.

In this current climate, a lot of dealerships (you'd think) would be investing in customer loyalty unfortunately thats not been my experience with Pentland Landrover on Lanark Road, Edinburgh.

Post #3676421st Nov 2008 2:41 pm
r1ure

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Have been very dissapointed with Shields Land Rover. There MG Rover (when they were around) and Toyota franhises never caused me any problems in the years that I used them.

Always find Shields expensive to buy from but are always competitive price wise for servicing, but they were difficult recently when I asked them to carry out warranty work, there excuse being the car was bought from Taggarts Glasgow.

Found that Shields Land Rover also tend to break more things than they manage to fix when there doing warranty work, but they are very pleasent when explaining what it is they've broken.

So despite living about 2 minutes from Shields I now drive past them and across the car park that is the Kingston bridge to Maryhill.

I get Shields to quote for servicing and persuade Taggarts Glasgow to price match them. In the present climate they are more obliging.
When I call Taggarts in Motherwell there servicing prices are usually the highest so I've never used them.

My best advice would be you pays your money and takes your chances.

Post #37429616th Nov 2008 1:22 am
Renny

Scotland 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Tech Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 4

I've used Morrison's for years. Not the cheapest, but good service when needed. Speak to John on the Service Desk, or Andrew, the After-Sales Manager.

Feel free to say I sent you.
 Renny Thomson
aka Scottish Scrutineer or MM0KOZ
MSA Scrutineer 

Post #37448116th Nov 2008 7:22 pm
Wex

Ireland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Ian Morrison ( Morrisons of Stirling) is a friend of my wifes family , and although retired ( I think ?) he'd be disappointed I'm sure at any negative feedback that they'd be getting.Renny , you probably know him from rallying fraternity ?
But I also know plenty of LR owners who have dealt with Morrisons and I have made a point of asking about them in conversation and anything I've heard is positive.

Post #37457716th Nov 2008 9:38 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >