DISCO4.COM > Faults & Fixes (D4)

SDV6 Engine Swap Won’t Start, Crankshaft Position Sensor
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
ABoylan

Ireland 
SDV6 Engine Swap Won’t Start, Crankshaft Position Sensor

Hi everyone.

Bought my second Range Rover (L320 2011) a few weeks ago with a bad engine (broken rods). Decided to engine swap it and bought an engine (306DT) from a Jaguar XF with 75k miles.

So after many headaches I have the engine into the Range Rover but can’t get it to start. I got it started but running extremely rough, won’t idle correctly will run at around 700rpm for a few seconds and then cut out. The noise is almost like the timing is off badly, very ticky and rattly. The timing belt was done on the Jaguar and it was running fine before the engine was took out, I never touched the timing when fitting the engine.

One thing is the crankshaft sensor on the Jaguar had 3 wires, and the one on the original engine had just 2 wires in the plug. With the Jaguar sensor I was getting P0336-31 (Crankshaft position sensor A circuit range / performance). I then changed the sensor and put on the original 2 wire sensor, but still engine won’t start and now the code has changed to P0336-64 (same description)

Anyone any ideas? I’ve a there anything I’m missing for the Jaguar vs Land Rover swap that might be different? I changed wiring loom etc.

One thing that may cause an issue is the injectors? I never changed injectors or HP pump and never coded the Jaguar injectors into the Range Rover? I’m not getting any injector faults though

Post #233140226th Mar 2023 5:46 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >