Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Secure firearms storage in D3??
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Blaserman

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Adriatic BlueDiscovery 3

Hi Sidney,
What are you looking to secure? I bought a second hand Landrover lockable gun safe for my Defender, and have never used it, it needs a little TLC but has room to store two firearms. Personally I don't worry now about securing them in the vehicle I just make sure they are out of sight and the car is locked (although this seldom happens). However when traveling I use an Emebi flight case which I take with me into hotels etc. Having paid over £3000 for my stalking rifle with scopes I don't like letting it out of my sight.
 "The fate of the wounded lies in the hands of the one who applys the first dressing"

Club MTR

Club Powerplant 

Post #3992479th Jan 2009 8:02 am
sidney

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Know the feeling, got 3k+ of DT10, although its insured its the Censored of it all if it did get nicked, first the police, then trying to find another that fits as well, or having one fitted.... . Just need the room for a shotgun or two, takedown size safe preferably. Dont supppose you know the approximate dimensions of the landrover safe?
On a slightly different note, was at a shooting ground the other day, there was a chap there with a landrover with Beretta stickers in the back window.... asking for trouble I thought, but each to their own.

Minigun fitment to the D3 would certainly improve my scores!!!! Laughing
 www.Bitter-sweet.co.uk  
Post #3994599th Jan 2009 4:02 pm
Blaserman

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Adriatic BlueDiscovery 3

I could think of more than one use for a mini gun attachment on my D3!!! Might get me struck off though! Laughing
I don't know the dimensions of it at the moment chap I am still at work. I will sort them out for you though may not be until tomorrow night though Thumbs Up
If you are interested you can always come and have a look at it, I am in Herefordshire myself.
 "The fate of the wounded lies in the hands of the one who applys the first dressing"

Club MTR

Club Powerplant 

Post #3994709th Jan 2009 4:18 pm
Pelyma

England 

Sidney if they nick your car and guns are in it you are still in a Censored load of trouble. In fact you'll probably get more grief than the scrote who nicked the car Evil or Very Mad
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #3994739th Jan 2009 4:26 pm
sidney

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Yeah no hurry Blaser,cheers, just thinking things through at the moment. Didnt realise you were in the shire also!

Dt10 has a removeable trigger group also, that I always take with me If I do leave it in the car. Gun totally useless without it. Its all swings and roundabout isnt it. How easy is it to steal the whole car these days with all the extra complicated security they have. No doubt some boffin will always find a way, any one know any stats on car theft and disco3's?? Its all a very difficult situation. One of the reason I want to eliminate the carrying into hotels etc is that although Ive never thought of myself as vulnerable, and I do have a mean right hook Laughing being a wheelchair user means that If I am carrying the cased gun on my lap to a hotel, as much as I hate to admit it I am a lot easier target for theiving scrotes. In all honest both scenarios are unlikely to happen, but I cant help thinking what if....

Pelyma you are right there, I would no doubtedly be in major trouble, while the scrote gets away with Censored all! Such is our wonderfull justice system!! ........... I feel a rant coming on...... must resist! Laughing
 www.Bitter-sweet.co.uk  
Post #3994839th Jan 2009 4:40 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >