Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Camping, Caravanning and Holidays

Where to sell a caravan
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
mse

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4
Where to sell a caravan

We have a 2005 Adria caravan. bought from a dealer 18 months ago, used as a weekend "house" for 12 months or so last year while we renovated - in good condition - no worse than we bought it and is now on the drive. It was sold, but the guy decided to buy a static so we are behind the curve and need it gone really.

We listed it on ebay and pulled the advert after a few hours of being bombarded with a certain groups interest.

Its not a lot of money, but its in great condition and we need it gone for the right money

Any Ideas?
 Mike  
Post #206186917th Jun 2019 9:45 pm
Disco dazboy

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

A proper advert on here wouldn’t do any harm! Thumbs Up
 D3 x2 now gone
Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace 4motion 

Post #206188518th Jun 2019 4:52 am
Pelyma

England 

Snap, I’m selling this https://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/sale-ready-...80332.html same age and immaculate. I’ve put it on with the Caravan Club which puts it on a few other sites. Heard nothing from anywhere then this weekend I had a woman from Maidstone phone, sounded promising. Gave her directions and half hour after appointment phoned her in case she was lost. Didn’t you get my text she said, I can’t do today can I see it tomorrow. New appointment made and hour or so before had she texts asking what make it was so she could tell her Dad. 10 minutes later I get a a second telling me it’s too expensive Censored

An hour or so later I get a call from a woman who is on a day trip to Brighton and want to look at it. Same procedure, this time Dad phones back offering £2k cash ( it’s up for £5k). Eventually he says £3k and I’ll take it off your hands today.

So no I don’t have any advice. I can’t believe a lovely complete outfit hasn’t been snapped up.
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #206189018th Jun 2019 5:55 am
mzplcg

England 

EBAY as a fixed price ad with best offer. You can set it to auto-reject offers under a certain amount. It's the widest audience sadly but at least you can ignore the jokers automatically.
FB Marketplace is free, but full of mongs and that certain group you mentioned (I'll have steak & Kidney to go with my door unlocking device please)
Shpock, like FBM but worse. If you advertised it for free you would get some moron asking if you would deliver it for that price. Worse than a car boot sale.
Autotrader is expensive and pretty much dead these days. And I can't remember the last time I saw Exchange & Mart anywhere.
Or sell it to a dealer. There are loads advertising in caravan magazines. Low prices though. Depends how desperate you are. It is a good time now with summer hols coming up so the dealers want plenty of stock.

Post #206196618th Jun 2019 10:11 am
mse

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4

Thanks, some good tips, I’ll have a go probably this weekend with something here and different on eBay.

Dealers just don’t seem to get back to us, I would prefer that route.

It’s a bit of a nightmare for such a cheap simple thing!
 Mike  
Post #206216718th Jun 2019 7:41 pm
Martin 01

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
Re: Where to sell a caravan

mse wrote:
We have a 2005 Adria caravan. bought from a dealer 18 months ago, used as a weekend "house" for 12 months or so last year while we renovated - in good condition - no worse than we bought it and is now on the drive. It was sold, but the guy decided to buy a static so we are behind the curve and need it gone really.

We listed it on ebay and pulled the advert after a few hours of being bombarded with a certain groups interest.

Its not a lot of money, but its in great condition and we need it gone for the right money

Any Ideas?

Which model & layout is it ?

Post #206275620th Jun 2019 8:49 pm
M3DPO

England 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4
Re: Where to sell a caravan

mse wrote:

Any Ideas?

Been there done that and ended up having to pay full selling fees for not taking a £2k reduction from the winning bidder when he came to collect who then got frightening abusive and this was after being bombarded with telephone calls from “foreigners”.
It’s even worse if the make of caravan begins with an H. Big Cry
 It can when others can't,
It will when others won't,
It goes where others don't. 

Post #206280121st Jun 2019 7:19 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >