Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

Service and Enhancement
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
jkp

Scotland 
Service and Enhancement

I had my 15k service the other day along with the enhancement. I cannot feel any difference what-so-ever.

Also reading others experience on here about the change in suspension feel makes me a bit dubious as to the work being carried out.

Timescales do not work out either.
Car collected at 12 noon, driven 35 miles to dealer, worked on then delivered back to me at 5:30pm. I thought the enhancement took 3-4hours on its own??

I'm feeling a bit cheated here, or maybe my car was not needing the full treatment as all they spoke about was a software upgrade. Question

Post #8596416th Sep 2006 6:23 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
BCP

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

Definately a difference in my 55 plate. 1st and 2nd pull away much better but suspension harder. Also sounds a bit "rougher". Interestingly, my wife doesn't like the changes. She had got used to her quiet, comfortable D3.

BP

Post #8597216th Sep 2006 7:55 pm
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

time taken depends on the work needed. Mine was Dec '04 delivery so needed most of the mods done. Most were done already by my dealer who are pretty good at doing things as and when LR pop them up on GTR.

When was your D3 built ? it may have had the correct part nos for compressor etc so no work needed to be done.

Just ask them to run your through what they did and then take it form there.

Post #8597416th Sep 2006 7:57 pm
Cliff H

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Hi John

Had all your displays etc been reset?

Mine had it done on Thursday (only needed software) without me knowing and the above had happened so I asked the service girl if they had done the enhancement, she looked on the job card and confirmed what they had done.
 Zermatt silver 06 reg.

Gone but not forgotten !!! 

Post #8599516th Sep 2006 9:19 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
d3matt

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

You can definately tell the difference with the suspension set up. I prefer the old softer setup by far. But then it does handle better now, but for most of the time (when driving normally/properly), I would prefer the comfort.
 Matt  
Post #8602116th Sep 2006 11:21 pm
lee01277

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Mine went in on Monday 14th Aug for :

1) SRS Airbag system red-lighting on the dash
2) Water ingress into the back hatch
3) Re-attach the front under grill that came off when practicing a bow wave last time it rained lots ( about a foot of water)
4) Oh, and the enhancement programme.

They wanted it for 2 days.

Called on the Tuesday for an update. The wanted it for another day .. No worries, I was in their Freelander.

Called on the Wednesday

“Sir, a fuel pipe has come off and sprayed loads of diesel all around the engine bay, we will need it for a while to sort. Would sir like to swap the Freeland for a new D3 .. Yep !

So, 24 days after dropping it off I got it back.

Airbag fixed, Looks like water leak fixed and enhancement done (menu has changed)

And they had to replace the main wiring loom in the engine bay (not really sure why though)

But, it’s noisier than the brand new D3 I had for 3 weeks, and noisier than I remember before it went in.. Even my mother said “it sounds like a tractor”. This is mainly when it’s just on top of the power band.

Went back to dealer after the weekend, but don’t you feel like a spare part when trying to describe “its sounds louder than it use to be” ..

So all in all, the grin is starting to fade
 ..............Somewhere in-between my old D3 and what's to come next .........  
Post #8602316th Sep 2006 11:31 pm
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4
Re: Service and Enhancement

discojkp wrote:
I had my 15k service the other day along with the enhancement. I cannot feel any difference what-so-ever.

Also reading others experience on here about the change in suspension feel makes me a bit dubious as to the work being carried out.

Timescales do not work out either.
Car collected at 12 noon, driven 35 miles to dealer, worked on then delivered back to me at 5:30pm. I thought the enhancement took 3-4hours on its own??

I'm feeling a bit cheated here, or maybe my car was not needing the full treatment as all they spoke about was a software upgrade. Question

Could be the enhancement didn't take. Mine took then dropped off. The difference is obvous if it has worked. Get them to look at it again. Mine was slightly noiser but not a lot, made up for by better response, less turbo lag and better handling, all be it with firmer ride.
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #8602416th Sep 2006 11:55 pm
jkp

Scotland 

Mine is November '05.

I'll give them a call and get a run down on work that took place. Maybe i'm just expecting too much!! Confused

Post #8603917th Sep 2006 7:14 am
jkp

Scotland 

Cliff H wrote:
Hi John

Mine had it done on Thursday (only needed software) without me knowing and the above had happened so I asked the service girl if they had done the enhancement, she looked on the job card and confirmed what they had done.

No, everything still the same as it went in. I'll need to call them and get a rundown of what they done, as mentioned above maybe my build did not need the extra work done.

Post #8604117th Sep 2006 7:22 am
JMC

Scotland 

John, check if your info display has the 'i' in it, and the pre-heater info has gone from the setting menu. My car seems to sit higher at the rear after enhancement. Lost my TC too so I really noticed the difference Embarassed

Was your one of those 'multi-franchise', multi-site' dealer jobs?? Did they actually invite you to come in for an enhancement or have you just expected it ot be done at the service? If so, my guess is that it hasn't been done. Phone them tomorrow and ask to specifically speak to the mechanic who did it and discover from the horses mouth......

Post #8606117th Sep 2006 11:01 am
Cliff H

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

discojkp wrote:
Cliff H wrote:
Hi John

No, everything still the same as it went in. I'll need to call them and get a rundown of what they done, as mentioned above maybe my build did not need the extra work done.

Unless you have had some software recently you would definately be due some.
Mine was built at the end of Jan 06, as I say needed some software but nothing else.
 Zermatt silver 06 reg.

Gone but not forgotten !!! 

Post #8606917th Sep 2006 12:05 pm
jkp

Scotland 

John, I never had the pre-heater option in the menu Confused

Dealer only mentioned a software upgrade, so maybe that's all that was required.

Anyway I'll deal with it tuesday to a satisfactory conclusion, as tomorrow its me birthday and am gonna get bloooooter'd oot ma heid!!!!!

Post #8608417th Sep 2006 6:09 pm
DiscoStu

England 

Happy Birthday!
 Disco 5 HSE Lux
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peyiqaJrmMU 

Post #8608517th Sep 2006 6:40 pm
PCH

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

JMC wrote:
John, check if your info display has the 'i' in it, and the pre-heater info has gone from the setting menu.....

Mine got the s/w upgrade last Friday. It now has this "i" in the info display only when you select Sports shift. What does it do, any one explain Question

I cannot say that the enhancement did any thing to power or suspension. Feels the same to me. They applied the compressor bulletin and fixed the seal(?) which could split(?) so I'm told.

I'll be going on a trip soon but with the roof rack and STT's back on the economy will suffer so I won't be able to properly compare before/after economy Confused .

Chris
 2011 Discovery 4 (MY12) SDV6 HSE with General Grabber AT's, Traxide Aux Battery system, custom rear drawers and Autosafe half height cargo barrier

Gone - 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE
ARB Bull Bar, Warn 9.5XP Winch, IPF D/Lights, Cooper STT's, LR Raised Air Intake, Traxide aux battery system, custom drawers and half height Autosafe cargo barrier, Mitchell Bros 4x4 tow hitch 

Post #8613218th Sep 2006 5:04 am
Glymmer_Man

Australia 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Hey Chris,

I explained it in reply to your other post here

When it's Displayed, you can flick through any System Information and Errors, Such as CommandShift Selected, ABS Fault etc.
 Dave

Disco Dreaming 

Post #8613718th Sep 2006 6:33 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >