Page 2 of 2 <12
eightfoot

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

gstuart wrote:
Hiya

Have u got a thread running plse so can re read it and see what stage ur at

Will certainly try , also have u got ur own diagnostics or had it plugged in

Thks

https://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/air-resevoir-valve-185498.html this is the thread I put up also found this thread which is identical to the prob I have https://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/c1a35-01-re...57278.html ive done so much I don't know where to start I have iid diags which just says reservoir fault every thing works as should/same as always worked only thing wrong is when you raise height it has no help from the reservoir so raises the rear slow then the front,if I switch ign on the wobbly car in yellow is not there but when you start the car the light comes on saying suspension fault if I clear fault with iid the comp runs for a second or two trying to fill the reservoir then throws light and shuts off the comp really stuck on this as ive tried everything and found literelly nothing wrong with anything
please ask any questions and I will answer what ive done but as I said completely stumped on this and beginning to think I will have to take it to be fixed which goes against the grain a bit
 please excuse any grammer/punctuation mistakes,i'm thick,thankyou
current vehicles 2005 d3 2013 d4 

Post #21198669th Feb 2020 10:14 pm
gstuart

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Many thks , will have a good read of it and see if there’s anything that stands out Thumbs Up

Post #21198759th Feb 2020 11:05 pm
Weyboat

England 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

eightfoot wrote:
gstuart wrote:
Hiya

Have u got a thread running plse so can re read it and see what stage ur at

Will certainly try , also have u got ur own diagnostics or had it plugged in

Thks

https://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/air-resevoir-valve-185498.html this is the thread I put up also found this thread which is identical to the prob I have https://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/c1a35-01-re...57278.html ive done so much I don't know where to start I have iid diags which just says reservoir fault every thing works as should/same as always worked only thing wrong is when you raise height it has no help from the reservoir so raises the rear slow then the front,if I switch ign on the wobbly car in yellow is not there but when you start the car the light comes on saying suspension fault if I clear fault with iid the comp runs for a second or two trying to fill the reservoir then throws light and shuts off the comp really stuck on this as ive tried everything and found literelly nothing wrong with anything
please ask any questions and I will answer what ive done but as I said completely stumped on this and beginning to think I will have to take it to be fixed which goes against the grain a bit

If the compressor only runs for a couple of seconds then it is likely the reservoir valve is not opening to allow the air through to the reservoir.
To test this, just disconnect line '9' (see the image on page 1) and try again.
If the compressor runs for a longer period it proves it is the reservoir valve not opening that is causing the fault.
It doesn't mean the reservoir valve is faulty, only that it is not opening for some reason.
 Gone 2016 Landmark D4
Current 2015 HSE D4 - AKA - 'Gandalf the Grey' 

Post #211990710th Feb 2020 9:42 am
gstuart

Hi weyboat

I’m also wondering if there’s a wiring error , maybe in the front near side wheel arch on those connectors

Or the ecu isn’t seeing the pressure correctly but see the op has replaced the reservoir valve with a genuine one

That’s why I keep thinking ref the wiring

Know they can be right fun trying to diagnose the EAS

Post #211994810th Feb 2020 12:14 pm
Weyboat

England 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Yeah..
If the test I outlined above shows the compressor still only runs for a couple of seconds, I would start looking at the Air Suspension Control Module and the electrical circuits.
Also (long shot) is the air outlet pipe (9) blocked?
 Gone 2016 Landmark D4
Current 2015 HSE D4 - AKA - 'Gandalf the Grey' 

Post #211995810th Feb 2020 12:50 pm
gstuart

Hiya

That’s also a good idea if that pipe has become blocked or restricted , maybe old silica ???

See the op has an iid and wondering if the live values will help to see the percentage that the valves open by , as thinking then it should show a 100% reading for when the reservoir opens and if it stays open by 100%

Indeed ref electrical , can’t really think of anything else if the reservoir valves closes after a few seconds if there’s an error message being seen by the ecu , which then throws up the fault code

Never know it might just be a bad connection at the ecu or behind the front wheel arch

At least having the iid should aid with the fault finding

Post #211997510th Feb 2020 1:44 pm
eightfoot

Weyboat wrote:
Yeah..
If the test I outlined above shows the compressor still only runs for a couple of seconds, I would start looking at the Air Suspension Control Module and the electrical circuits.
Also (long shot) is the air outlet pipe (9) blocked?

ok guys thanks for your input I have an update Big Cry nothing has changed still the same

if it was an electric fault (wiring)why does the compressor run for a few secs when I clear the codes? I also have power going to valve when I clear the code also have continuity between the ecu and valve

have tried the disconnect reservoir pipe no change,air outlet pipe being blocked would not switching the comp eliminate that? I have had every connecter apart and found zero corrosion anywhere switched relays/fuses even fitted a new alternator I had as a spare just to eliminate that I also tried a s/h module from ebay over the weekend all that did was thro codes for the rear ride sensors that I did not have before and gave me the red wobbly car on dash with max 30mph which it never had before I have tried reinstalling the software for the com reinstalled my saved susp settings from iid I am completely stuck now and as I said in my original post this happened 2016 exactly the same cant remember how I fixed it but I feel sure the light just went off one day whilst driving and stayed off for 4yrs until a few weeks ago when it reappeared much like the other poster I put a link up for just really stuck now Big Cry i did check the gallery pressure earlier 1100kpa maxed then com shut down as susp was upto height seems a bit low but as i swapped the comp from my d4 over to eliminate that i cant see that being the problem so any idea's gratefully received thanks for your help

Post #212002410th Feb 2020 6:31 pm
gstuart

Hiya

Just a thought that seeing the compressor didn’t reach the req pressure is ur air tank ok , as I thought just maybe as the reservoir valve opens if the air tank is leaking it won’t build up pressure , ecu will see it and shut it off

Also as the reservoir valve isolates the air tank and only opens it when it receives a signal and monitored by the pressure switch

Or even a leak on the air tank connector ??

Alas the reservoir valve feeds the front and rear valves so thinking if the suspension raises it must be opening

Just an idea

Post #212014311th Feb 2020 1:06 am
eightfoot

I am beginning to think that the module is foofed as that is what tells the valve to open,when I first changed the valve there was pressure in the tank but not since as obviously the valve is not opening to fill it tried the comp with the res connection disconnected same result yesterday
If I fit a used module would it work straight off as I tried one over the weekend but it just gave me more error and I'm rather reluctant to start messing with other settings as I don't want to introduce more problems to confuse the problem more
Thanks for your input hopefully will get there in the end

Post #212019411th Feb 2020 10:57 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >