Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Off Topic - Humour, Rants & Pointless Posts

Silent Muslim Majority?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
JMC

Scotland 
Silent Muslim Majority?

This turned-up in my e-mail today. Normally I delete these things before I'm all the way through but decided to pass it on for the rest of you to comment if you should feel so inclined.

It is, by far, one of the best explanations of the Muslim terrorist situation I have ever read. His reference to past history is accurate and clear. Not long, easy to understand, and well worth the read. The author of this email is Dr. Emanuel Tanay, a well known and well respected psychiatrist.

Being the discerning bunch of 'higher thinkers' that I know you are....( Whistle ) I wonder what you make of it:

A German's View on Islam

A man, whose family was German aristocracy prior to World War II, owned a number of large industries and estates. When asked how many German people were true Nazis, the answer he gave can guide our attitude toward fanaticism. "Very few people were true Nazis," he said, "but many enjoyed the return of German pride, and many more were too busy to care. I was one of those who just thought the Nazis were a bunch of fools. So, the majority just sat back and let it all happen. Then, before we knew it, they owned us, and we had lost control, and the end of the world had come.

"My family lost everything. I ended up in a concentration camp and the Allies destroyed my factories."

We are told again and again by 'experts' and 'talking heads' that Islam is the religion of peace, and that the vast majority of Muslims just want to live in peace. Although this unqualified assertion may be true, it is entirely irrelevant. It is meaningless fluff, meant to make us feel better, and meant to somehow diminish the spectra of fanatics rampaging across the globe in the name of Islam.

The fact is that the fanatics rule Islam at this moment in history. It is the fanatics who march. It is the fanatics who wage any one of 50 shooting wars worldwide. It is the fanatics who systematically slaughter Christian or tribal groups throughout Africa and are gradually taking over the entire continent in an Islamic wave. It is the fanatics who bomb, behead, murder or honour-kill. It is the fanatics who take over mosque after mosque. It is the fanatics who zealously spread the stoning and hanging of rape victims and homosexuals. It is the fanatics who teach their young to kill and to become suicide bombers. The hard quantifiable fact is that the peaceful majority, the 'silent majority,' is cowed and extraneous.

Communist Russia was comprised of Russians who just wanted to live in peace, yet the Russian Communists were responsible for the murder of about 20 million people. The peaceful majority were irrelevant.

China's huge population was peaceful as well, but Chinese Communists managed to kill a staggering 70 million people.

The average Japanese individual prior to World War II was not a warmongering sadist. Yet, Japan murdered and slaughtered its way across South East Asia in an orgy of killing that included the systematic murder of 12 million Chinese civilians; most killed by sword, shovel, and bayonet.

And who can forget Rwanda which collapsed into butchery. Could it not be said that the majority of Rwandans were 'peace loving'?

History lessons are often incredibly simple and blunt, yet for all our powers of reason we often miss the most basic and uncomplicated of points: Peace-loving Muslims have been made irrelevant by their silence. Peace-loving Muslims will become our enemy if they don't speak up, because like my friend from Germany, they will awaken one day and find that the fanatics own them, and the end of their world will have begun.

Peace-loving Germans, Japanese, Chinese, Russians, Rwandans, Serbs, Afghans, Iraqis, Palestinians, Somalis, Nigerians, Algerians and many others have died because the peaceful majority did not speak up until it was too late.

As for us who watch it all unfold, we must pay attention to the only group that counts; the fanatics who threaten our way of life.

Lastly, anyone who doubts that the issue is serious and just deletes this email without sending it on is contributing to the passiveness that allows the problems to expand. So, extend yourself a bit and send this on and on and on! Let us hope that thousands, world wide, read this and think about it, and send it on before it's too late.
 The older I get, the more I realise that people confuse wrinkles for wisdom Smile
Founder member of Club FFRRV
Club Orange, Mint or Fruit
Club Walnut Sniffers

Post #4756813rd Jun 2009 2:07 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
TSR2

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

JMC,
Profound and very true. Peace these days is pedalled as the "be all and end all" and quite rightly is what we always strive for but people forget peace comes at a price. Each time the peaceful majority remains silent we end up letting the extremists get a grip on power and this always ends up with major disasters and loss of life. Just like our last time WW2 where countless millions of people died. The old sentiment of "lest we forget" is not just a rememberance of those who died, it is more a rememberance of WHAT they died for in the hope that we will never let it happen again. And yet as civilised as we think we are the same old thing is happening all over the world.
For "some" of the younger generation it is almost as if peace is a given "civil right" or " human right" they may well have already forgotten why so many of our people died in WW2. Peace has to be fought for and protected by any means possible. Whether we like it or not "We" the silent majority have to stand up and fight for peace otherwise "we" have capitulated and are every bit to blame as the extremists. The trick is to stand up to the problem before it gets too big. In a country over run with politically correctness I fear that we would be no better than the silent Muslim majority. Do things always have to come to a head before the silent majority stands up for its rights??

Trev.

Post #4757133rd Jun 2009 3:03 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

This comparator is wrong IMO JMC because the author selects a religion and compares it to citizens of individual countries in other cases. It is in essence blaming muslims all around the world for not standing up against extremism when in actual fact within each country affected by extremism in the western world for example, peaceful muslims do stand together with their fellow citizens of all or no faiths in quelling fanatical behaviour.
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021 

Last edited by DG on 3rd Jun 2009 5:32 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #4757243rd Jun 2009 3:32 pm
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

I know it's not considered "kind" to say no these days, but no. Just no, ok? And if it's not ok, still no. 

Last edited by NoDo$h on 3rd Jun 2009 3:37 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #4757283rd Jun 2009 3:37 pm
grzesiul

Poland 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

in fact there are more religious fanatics in my country than in all Muslim countries all together

rgds

Post #4757293rd Jun 2009 3:37 pm
discoboy

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Is it not true to say that humans are pre-disposed to non-peaceful negotiation (ie death and destruction) in order to gain an advantage over one's neighbour? Is it programmed into us from evolution an instinct ?

There are around 180 active conflicts around the globe, many of which have been ongoing for hundreds possibly thousands of years in the modern age (4000 years). Some are related to religion, some are related to territory and political advantage, some are related to resource control and a few are attributable to dictators and madmen.

The UK has been in conflict almost constantly for hundreds of years in some form or another, we are not a peace loving nation despite what our 'victorian' morals may tell us. Is the reason for this is that we continue to suppress the fanatics from taking over in current conflicts of Iraq and Afghanistan, or are these conflicts for control of resources such as oil or land ?

Post #4757363rd Jun 2009 3:53 pm
CG

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Who gives a t Censored ss - I am but one person, unless I become a fanatic I will not change anything on a massive scale. I will bother about only what I can change without becoming fanatical.

need more beer Very Happy

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant" 

Post #4759433rd Jun 2009 11:02 pm
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

I would suggest that it is within the grasp of the silent muslim majority to bring about change, but that any attempt for those outside that community to improve things will most likely be considered as hostile interference. The west doesn't exactly have a great track record here.

Of course, this presupposes that the muslim community has a genuine desire to bring about peace. I'd be inclined to believe it does.

More popcorn anyone?
 I know it's not considered "kind" to say no these days, but no. Just no, ok? And if it's not ok, still no.  
Post #4760314th Jun 2009 8:44 am
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

Still misses the point ND. In all of the country specific examples above the silent majority would have only been likely to bring about change via a civil conflict. Muslims who are spread throughout countries of the world would not be in a position to take a similar stance ...all they can do is voice their objections and try to prevent their own from those who promote extremism along with the rest of us.

Far from giving an alternative viewpoint ..I think this 'e-mail' is just inflammitory as its sort of saying some muslims are bad for being extremists and the rest are bad for not doing anything about it. It justs want to focus on 'bad' IMO.
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #4760604th Jun 2009 9:17 am
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

I agree it's inflammatory. It's a common trait of such emails to try and present a "balanced" view due to the tone and language used, when the message is far from balanced. Notwithstanding that, I think it's healthy to debate the subject.

Not sure I'm with you on the country vs. global issue. You can apply this debate to pretty much any country where there is a notable muslim presence - the need exists for this to be tackled at a local level, ensuring more doors and minds are closed to extremism when it comes knocking. It's like eating an elephant, you can do it, but you have to take it a meal at a time
Post #4760644th Jun 2009 9:30 am
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

I see your point. We only have to look at the current situation in Luton to understand that the silent majority aren't so silent to their band of local fundamentalists who recently disrupted the forces homecoming march in the town. Sadly though they can only act within the law ...and typically the other side use to their full advantage.
Post #4760894th Jun 2009 10:11 am
Pelyma

England 

The trouble is until it is not seen as a racist topic it will never be discussed properly. Adult discussions not childish name calling is what is needed. But at the moment as soon as you start discussing people who are not Anglo Saxon for the last 150 generations you are racist, if you talk about sexuality you are homophobic and if you talk about any religion other than Christianity you might as well be dead Shocked

For me I don't care what colour you are, where you come from or what God you worship if any - until you start trying to push your beliefs on me. No muslim has come up to me yet and tried to convert me, but in the same way perhaps that Christianity needs to rein back the evangelists the muslim community need to sort their extremists out for their own good and at some point that is probably going to mean they need to stand up and be counted.
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #4761044th Jun 2009 10:47 am
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

Heightist! Evil or Very Mad
Post #4761074th Jun 2009 10:50 am
JMC

Scotland 

As the OP, I did think about adding to the debate, but as soon as the popcorn came out I could see where it was going to end up. Wink

Pelyma is 110% right in this. Whilst the nanny state persists in its PC ways, adult discussion and problem solving simply cannot take place.

I recall making a similar point about a certain (non-Scottish) National Party on here over a year ago, but was shot down in flames for even mentioning it. The fact was, I had not been exposed to that particular parties methods and hence was ignorant of all the fuss. Now, a year-on, I don't even mention their name. Is this not a retrograde step?

A problem which is ignored, or swept under the carpet, or legislated against, is only going to get worse. Rolling Eyes

Where have all the flowers gone......... Big Cry
 The older I get, the more I realise that people confuse wrinkles for wisdom Smile
Founder member of Club FFRRV
Club Orange, Mint or Fruit
Club Walnut Sniffers

Post #4761104th Jun 2009 11:01 am
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

I don't think anyone has used the issue of race here so far ...merely offering views from all perspectives Wink
Post #4761124th Jun 2009 11:04 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >