Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Site News & Feedback

Site Donations and Support
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 4 1234>
If disco3.co.uk had a donate button or donation facility, how likely would you be to use it?
Very likely
71%
 71%  [33]
Fairly likely
23%
 23%  [11]
Neither / nor
2%
 2%  [1]
Fairly unlikely
0%
 0%  [0]
Very unlikely
2%
 2%  [1]
Would never
0%
 0%  [0]
Total Votes: 46

Jim

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3
Site Donations and Support

Martin,

I don't know what your thoughts on this are, but, there are quite a few forums that I am a member of that promote donations in two ways.

~ One off donations from any browser via a clickable link on this sites pages.

~ Via members one off donations which are actioned via their profile and this is then rewarded with a icon in their displaid profile indicating them as a supporter of disco3.co.uk, this can work via bronze, silver, gold, platinum type rating etc. You could set break points for each level and as a member reaches that level of donations then they move up the rating. Another thing this shows is there level of support for the site and will enable in some cases to spot those here just to wind us up Smile

I think that this is something that you should strongly consider for the disco3.co.uk site, if we can all afford to buy D3's then surely we can find something to support your time and effort.
 Jim  
Post #3315615th Dec 2005 10:20 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Dom Harvey
Lord of the Four Fingers 

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 GS Auto Orkney GreyDiscovery 4

Excellent idea Jim, I was thinking about the very same thing last night, for example there have been 4 disco3.co.uk off road trips and as far as I know Martin and the site have made absolutely nothing out of them which is a bit remiss of us all and needs rectifying. Thumbs Up
 2004 Discovery 3 - gone
2006 Discovery 3 - gone
2008 Discovery 3 GS - gone
2011 Freelander LE Special Edition - gone
2007 Discovery 3 XS - gone
2012 Discovery 4 GS - current 

Post #3315815th Dec 2005 10:23 am
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Yup, totally agree, after all, the sites is here for the benefit of it's users. I've seen something on other sites where there's a 'If you've found this post useful, please donate here' button, which should help with 'browsers' that don't feel the need to be registered users.
I've got a couple of ideas for some greenlaning next year and i'll certainly be asking for contributions to the upkeep of Disco3 from anyone that wants to come along - if any want's to that is... Rolling Eyes

Post #3315915th Dec 2005 10:29 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
blue meanie
D3 Decade 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

on the bus with you amigos on this !
 and theeeeennn......???  
Post #3316015th Dec 2005 10:34 am
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

You missed the 'Yes definitely, bring it on' option Wink

Personally speaking I think it's a brilliant idea, buying my D3 has turned my life around for the better but as wonderful a vehicle as it is it's this site that has made the difference. I've made some brilliant new friends (several life-long ones I suspect Wink ), met some great people and chatted on here with many others, had great fun and learnt exactly what the best darn 4x4 on the market today is capable of first hand. Can't think of a better way right now to thank the man that made it all possible Razz

Si
 The End  
Post #3316115th Dec 2005 10:42 am
Jim

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Only 9 votes but 63 views Confused come on guys, let get your votes on this Exclamation
 Jim  
Post #3322615th Dec 2005 6:25 pm
Mossy

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Top idea... GET THAT BUTTON UP!
 D3 HSE V8...  
Post #3323115th Dec 2005 6:35 pm
BN

England 

Before Martin replies to this, he and I have discussed this at great length, so I will put my comments in now as I know Martin is a little reserved and I am not.

Martin does need some money to run the site and keep it to the professional standard that it is. There are moves that he plans and I will not give away obviously, before you all start again that I am treasing you Rolling Eyes been down that route recently I recall Evil or Very Mad

Good ideas would be greatly appreciated Very Happy and especially from any of you who are accountants and people who know about cash flow and tax etc. Please write to Martin direct and not on the open forum obviously. Failing that, write to me if you prefer, because I will help him if I can as you all know.

Post #3323415th Dec 2005 6:36 pm
Cliff H

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Another Thumbs Up from me, and Martin thanks for the very quick delivery of the fleece, of course the little H's want one now Wink
 Zermatt silver 06 reg.

Gone but not forgotten !!! 

Post #3324715th Dec 2005 7:01 pm
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Hello all

Thanks for starting this Jim, I'm amazed at the response Shocked

There does now seem enough interest to start a donations system up with some kind of reward image/badge to show off to others 8)

I wasn't keen to do it up until now as I thought members wouldn't be keen to pay for the site - however I would keep the existing sections of the site as they are (i.e. open to all) but extras might be available for donating members to say thank you.

However (and there's always a however) I will have to check out the tax (boo) situation on personal donations, so let me find out about that and I'll get back to you all Rolling Eyes If anyone can offer any advice about this let me know Smile

Another good way to support the site is to buy up all my keyrings and stickers and to order clothing 8)

Adding to Brian's comments: if anyone else has ideas for the site or if you know of any companies who might be interested in supporting DISCO3 and its members please let me know directly - via by PM or by e-mail: my e-mail address is, predictably:

Brian's doing enough organising the FBH timer without having to act as a go between for me as well so harass me please!
 06 D3 SE / 15 LR D90 XS SW / 88 LR 90 Td5 / 68 BMW 2000 ti
Any issues with the site let me know! 

Last edited by Martin on 15th Dec 2005 7:16 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #3325315th Dec 2005 7:10 pm
MVS

I'm in.

This site and you guys have been very helpful to me over the past months, and will be in the future, no doubt.

Mike

P.S
Suggestion, e-mail all registered members when donation facility is up & running.

Post #3325415th Dec 2005 7:13 pm
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

MVS wrote:
Suggestion, e-mail all registered members when donation facility is up & running.

Good idea, ta Thumbs Up
 06 D3 SE / 15 LR D90 XS SW / 88 LR 90 Td5 / 68 BMW 2000 ti
Any issues with the site let me know! 

Post #3325915th Dec 2005 7:17 pm
Jads777

Guernsey 

Hi all,

Having been 'lurking' for several months (and feeling a little guilty for making no contribution to this excellent site) the time has come for me to join in! I think that the donation system is a great idea and have cast my vote accordingly.

Seasons Greetings to each and every one of you.

Post #3358516th Dec 2005 9:12 pm
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Welcome Jadds... and don't be so shy in future Wink

Post #3359216th Dec 2005 9:22 pm
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

simon wrote:
Welcome Jadds... and don't be so shy in future Wink
That goes for the rest of you lurkers out there, sign up, we don't bite, we'll most of us don't Wink The End  
Post #3359816th Dec 2005 9:32 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 4 1234>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >