DISCO4.COM > Camping, Caravanning and Holidays

site recommendations Annecy France
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
dunton10

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Tech Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4
site recommendations Annecy France

Hi all

went to near Annecy as few years ago and fancy a trip back this summer.
Last time stayed on L'Escale at Grand Bornard, CC club site, but this time want to be nearer the lake and town.
Just me and the wife so no need for loads of activities in fact we like quieter sites and tend to use CLs in the UK.

anyone have any recommendations having visited the area recently?
thanks in advance.

Post #122738230th Jan 2014 8:43 pm
dantheman

England 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

We used to stay at a site called camping international due lac blue nr doussard. The site goes down to the water. We used to take a speed boat with us and you could moor it and just wade out to it from the site. Some of the pitches were a bit tight if I remember but was 2000 when I last went. Fantastic setting a views. I would like to take tin tent and family this year if I can. Thumbs Up

Post #122749030th Jan 2014 10:22 pm
nigel207

England 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto ZanzibarDiscovery 4

We stayed at Camping La Ravoire last June, and can recommend it. Whilst the site is towards the southern end of the lake we used the ferry for the trip into Annecy. Some of the pitches were a tad tight for larger outfits, but I'd certainly be happy to return. Depending upon when you're thinking of going, they accept Camping Cheques too.

Post #122807131st Jan 2014 6:23 pm
bongy

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

dantheman wrote:
We used to stay at a site called camping international due lac blue nr doussard. The site goes down to the water. We used to take a speed boat with us and you could moor it and just wade out to it from the site. Some of the pitches were a bit tight if I remember but was 2000 when I last went. Fantastic setting a views. I would like to take tin tent and family this year if I can. Thumbs Up

We go there every year it's awesome! Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
 Disco 3 2.7 TDV6 55 Buckingham Blue Base
15% tints / Group Buy Stainless Steel Sill Plates / Trillogy B144 tailpipes / Stupidly Large Steel Bull Bar 8)
EGR Blanking plates / Side Steps / Very Big LR roof Box / BAS remap Smile
New AC condensor / New Clutch & DM Flywheel / New Air Compressor, pipe set & Relay/another new clutch plate thanks to SWMBO/ new cross over pipe (without the body coming off) Sad
Suzuki GSX1400 - its all torque! 8)
Bayliner 175 Capri Very Happy
Adria 660SP motorhome Smile 

Post #122813731st Jan 2014 7:52 pm
dunton10

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Tech Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

thanks guys I'll look those up. Although bit concerning re tight pitches as I have an Elddis twin axle. Still after 30years I can usually get it into most places, sometimes its even acceptable to the wife but usually once its level and legs down she decides the sun isnnt shining into the awning etc. Strange thats never a problem when we go to Wales.
Anymore recommendations ? particularly smaller basic sites. keep em coming.

Post #122815931st Jan 2014 8:04 pm
dantheman

England 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

bongy wrote:
dantheman wrote:

We go there every year it's awesome! Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

It is a perfect setting for water skiing. Used to go for a 7 o clock ski and it was like a mill pond. From the website it looks like they have taken over the site next door? I would love to get back there this year and show the family Thumbs Up

Post #122818331st Jan 2014 8:46 pm
Carabraxis

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Graphite LE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

nigel207 wrote:
We stayed at Camping La Ravoire last June, and can recommend it. Whilst the site is towards the southern end of the lake we used the ferry for the trip into Annecy. Some of the pitches were a tad tight for larger outfits, but I'd certainly be happy to return. Depending upon when you're thinking of going, they accept Camping Cheques too.

I have many happy memories of camping there.

A boat is a good thing to have on that site as you can launch from it. The wind is good for sailing / windsurfing at that end of the lake as well - we used to take a Laser on the roof with the tin tent behind.

Post #125634420th Mar 2014 10:50 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >