Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Small hose on air filter box?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
jaredhobbs

United States 2014 LR4 3.0 SCV6 XXV LE Auto Santorini BlackLR4
Small hose on air filter box?

Hey everyone! Quick question. I was working on my '06 LR3 and found that the small hose coming off the air filter box was severed and not connected to anything. I looked for a place where it might connect to and couldn't find anything. The truck is running fine without it and from the way the rubber crumbled I'd guess it's been running without it for quite some time. No fault codes either. Anyway, could someone here tell me what the hose is for, where it connects to, and where I can source a replacement?

Thanks!

Post #215725828th Jun 2020 10:49 pm
douglastic

United States 2007 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Chawton WhiteLR3

my 07 has nothing there

looks like yours was some sort of owner addition
no idea why tho

maybe find a replacement at a junkyard?
 Doug
2007 LR3 HSE - Chawton/Alpaca - SoCal 

Post #215727229th Jun 2020 4:59 am
Motolab

Netherlands 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

It Does not supposed to be there from factory on...... It is a non LR add-on
 Best regards
Harold

Always looking for Pre '55's & Pre war British Motorcycles! knowing or having one for sale? PM please. I visit the UK 6 times a year

Ps. I edit my texts quite often, english is not my native language, so I will edit My “typo’s” etc. Wink 

Post #215728929th Jun 2020 7:54 am
kisangani

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Tangiers OrangeDiscovery 3

Hi,

Just replaced the air filter box today. The old screws had seized and needing drilling out to change the filter. Bought a new box and lid, and noticed that the old lid had the same brass fitting drilled into the lid. Exactly the same fitting as the pictures from JaredHobbs post.

Mine has what looks like the same plastic pipe that is used to connect up the air compressor. Mine is still intact and leads off in to the body work somewhere. Didn't think to follow it to its end point.

This will have been fitted by land rover when they converted the D3 to G4 spec. But no idea what for.

Intial thought was its a breather pipe, but dumb to have one in the air filter box. Second thought was its a drain for water, but it sits above the actual air filter, so the filter would be saturated if that much water ever entered the filter box, plus there is a one way / outlet for water at the base of the box.

It may of course deliver something to the air filter box, but can't quite think what benefits it brings.

Any other thoughts? Any other G4 owners got the same fitting and pipe.

Cheers

Rich

Post #231282128th Oct 2022 4:53 pm
kisangani

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Tangiers OrangeDiscovery 3

JaredHobbs, just wondering if you are still on the forum? I have a question for you... Thinking about the pipe/fitting a bit more, do you have a Winch on the D3?

My D3 is a G4 Challenge vehicle, land rover converted it and added a winch. I refurbished the Warn 9.5 xp Winch last year and it also had a breather pipe of the same heavy duty plastic pipe material.

It may be a neat way of creating a clean dry route for a breather for the Winch. Possibly (?) I would need to go look to see if they connect.

It separately raises the question, what does that triangular section of the air filter box does at all, why is the filter box not just rectangular... Only land rover can answer that one 🤣

Post #231282428th Oct 2022 5:18 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >