DISCO4.COM > FS: Other Vehicles

[SOLD] 06 Ford C-Max 1.6 16v
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
disco-nut

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3
[SOLD] 06 Ford C-Max 1.6 16v

Having a bit of a change around.

I bought this C-Max last year, it was meant to be kept for a month while my Range Rover was being assessed by the insurance company after an accident. It turned out to be a gem of a car that I kept it. My partner has been using it for over 8 months as a daily driver and commuter car. But with the jobs that need doing now, and Christmas coming up, I have decided it to buy my partner a newer and smaller car as we don't need an MPV as well as the Land Rover's.

This is Mo. Blue Ford C-Max.
1.6 16v Petrol Ti Manual.
Zetec with some optional extras fitted.
Remote Central Locking.
Front & Rear Fog Lights.
Air Conditioning.
Front & Rear Heated Screens.
Electric Front Windows.
Electric Heated Mirrors.
Power Steering.
5 Seats.
CD Radio with Aux Input Lead Fitted.
17" 5 Spoke Alloy Wheels.
MOT February 2021.
142000 Miles.

It was a Cat C in the past, front bumper on the corner was damaged, wing was damaged and passenger front door I think were damaged, but all ok now.

The bad points are...
Camshaft Sensor coming up on diagnostics needs to be replaced.
Restricted Acceleration coming up on the dash. This car is usually very quick, it is fine around town, but slow to get from 60-70mph on the dual carriage way and motorway unless you clear the camshaft code, then it is a rocket for a while again.
The top engine mount is shot. I actually believe that this is causing the above problem as it has knocked plugs loose before.
Front passenger suspension mount bush is creaking. (I have a brand new top mount to go with the car).
Starter motor works when it wants. You turn the key, sometimes the starter motor will engage first time and it's fine, others you have to turn the key up to 8 times before the starter motor will engage. (I have a used but good working starter motor with the car ready to be fitted).

So it doesn't need a lot, but it is easier for me to get newer smaller car and call it a Christmas present and save me time as I have got to deal with my Land Rover's.

The C-Max truly is a little gem of a car. It will be great for the next owner.
Clutch, Gearbox and everything else is great on it.

If it doesn't sell, then I will probably part exchange it for another car for my partner.

The car is actually still in daily use until either it sells, or a replacement is found.

Reg number is MF06 KYK.

£SOLD

Cash or Bank Transfer on Collection from Tunbridge Wells, Kent.

Post #218773817th Nov 2020 11:32 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >