astonbuilder

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4
[For Sale] Honda NC700XD automatic dual-clutch motorbike

Honda NC700XD
2012 (registered 18/5/2012
Black
MOT due now – will book in
Under 8000 miles

For sale is my Honda NC700XD, this is the dual-clutch (‘automatic’) version and it is an amazing piece of technology – I never want to ride a clutched ‘bike again

This is the second generation of the DCT and gives switchable gearbox options. You can have it in ‘normal’ or ‘sport’ fully automatic or shift gears using the handlebar toggle switches or the traditional foot gear-change link (I literally used this once and never again, it’s redundant!). This is a proper geared box, not a CVT.

In ‘normal’ auto mode it changes low and gives better economy, I prefer ‘sport’ as the engine braking is more pronounced and it’s a bit peppier on the acceleration. I stopped measuring fuel economy after a few consistent 65mpg plus tankfuls on brim-to-brim, it can do even more on longer runs (the original, nerdy/tech owner had a spreadsheet and it showed 85mpg for him…….).

Original owner was a retired engineer who kept it in an air-conditioned and heated man-cave workshop and seemed meticulous in care of this and his workshop (always a good sign). He said it had never seen rain in his ownership and in mine it has seen rain twice; once on the way home after purchase and a light shower a few months ago. It lives in my garage hooked up to optimate battery conditioner.

The fuel tank is under the seat and what looks like the fuel tank is actually a large storage box (can’t quite get my full-face helmet in it which is a shame).

Michelin pilot road 4 tyres have had about 800 miles usage on them. Chain and sprockets were changed by last owner and look like new still.

The ‘bike has a raft of added accessories;

Genuine Honda centre stand
Genuine Honda span-adjustable front brake lever
Hepco & Becker engine guards
10 watt LED daytime driving lamps (no ‘SMIDSY’ here…..)
Genuine Honda foot-change gear-lever – as I said I used this once……
RG radiator guard
Pyramid plastics front mudguard extension
JMV concept rear hugger – this was an import from Japan and is top quality item
Sargent seat – the original is a bit ‘plank’ like.
Racetech cartridge emulators in front fork rebuild. Originals a bit ‘basic spec’, these ride much better
SW Motech footrests in stainless steel – again much better than OE items
Givi hand guards – I like wearing summer gloves, even in winter, and these really keep the wind off.
Belly pan professionally colour keyed to rest of black paintwork (is grey originally)
Ixil Hyperflow exhaust slip on – MOT/road legal but gets a nice ‘burble’ from the twin pipe (standard silencer included)
New gel battery fitted
Several fasteners replaced with Stainless Steel as they discoloured

That's about £2000 of quality options and upgrades fitted

Compact 12v outlet on handlebars suitable fro GPS/phone charger, etc. and another ‘cigarette lighter’ type in the luggage box.

Luggage box liner bag included (so you can just lift it out at journey end with any gear you have put in there)

Genuine Honda workshop manual in two volumes (not to be confused with your typical Haynes type manuals)

Was Honda serviced for fort three years of its life then owner serviced (by the engineer) until I had it. I did an oil/filter change soon after I got it just to check it was OK and peace of mind (always done annual oil/filter changes in-between services on all my ‘bikes). It is now due a service and I will get that done by Honda when it goes for its MOT (or haggle on price if you want to sort it/DIY).

The ‘bike is immaculate and is a superb ride, it has ‘enough’ performance and is quite punchy with low-down torque with great fuel economy. Once you try an auto’ they make great sense and are great to ride (once you stop grabbing for a clutch lever that doesn’t exist!)

Only reason for sale is complete lack of usage and it’s a depreciating asset. I am likely to try and keep some cheap wheels in replacement but otherwise I think I may be hanging my helmet up for good…. Crying or Very sad

Will get some better pics as it is now with all the listed extras on it Thumbs Up

Looking for £3700 as it stands but you'll have to wait for MOT (best I can get is two weeks round here Rolling Eyes ). This 'bike needs absolutely nothing doing to get through its MOT

Private number plate is not included unless you want to pay extra (will take about three days to swap it off, at my own expense, and for new V5c to return back.

Usual thing with 'bike that test rides fine as long as full asking price in my hand first.

Donation to site if sold through here Thumbs Up

Click image to enlarge

Post #182618213th Jun 2017 1:57 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >