Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Wheels & Tyres

Spare Wheel-TPMS-MOT
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Ceekay

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Waitomo GreyDiscovery 4
Spare Wheel-TPMS-MOT

As above I take it that if you have a spare wheel it needs to be legal and inflated for an MOT? Is this something that is checked or is it outside the MOT Scope. Also it seems I have a faulty TPMS sensor that lights up a dash warning when I start the car stating the spare tyre pressure needs attention but when I physically check it the pressure is fine. Will this effect the MOT which is due shortly as it will be seen when the tester starts the motor? Any guidance greatly appreciated Thumbs Up
 D4 HSE Lux MY16 Club Waitomo
D3 HSE MY06 missing her still… 

Post #208465517th Sep 2019 10:15 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
L319

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

According to the MoT testers rules:-

Tyre pressure monitoring system (TPMS)
The inspection of the tyre pressure monitoring system (TPMS) is for M1 vehicles first used on or after 1 January 2012.
The TPMS warning lamp can operate in many ways depending on the vehicle type. Rejection will only apply if it’s clear that the lamp indicates a system malfunction and not simply indicating that one or more of the tyre pressures is low.
Notes:
1.Although under-inflation is not in itself a reason for failure (a tyre obviously under inflated is a ‘minor’ defect (5.2.3)), a brake test may be inadvisable because of possible damage, and it may also affect headlamp alignment. The condition of the spare tyre is not part of the MOT

Note this last sentence, Spare not part of MoT and indication of low pressure not a failure

Last edited by L319 on 17th Sep 2019 5:45 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #208471817th Sep 2019 12:16 pm
Oswiperus
D3 Decade 

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

I think spare wheel TPMS can be disabled with IID, I believe the option is there because pre AdBlue Disco's could be specced with space saver which is not monitored (I think) So maybe an option if you can't get it fixed in time for MOT.
 Stu

2016 D4 Landmark current
2022 Defender D300 SE Gone Sad
D4 2014 XS Commercial - Gone Sad
D4 2016 hse lux montalcino red - Gone
D3 2005 se java black - current
D3 2005 base manual - gone Sad
D2 1999 TD5 E white - current 

Post #208475417th Sep 2019 1:23 pm
Washwipe

England 
Re: Spare Wheel-TPMS-MOT

Ceekay wrote:
As above I take it that if you have a spare wheel it needs to be legal and inflated for an MOT? Is this something that is checked or is it outside the MOT Scope. Also it seems I have a faulty TPMS sensor that lights up a dash warning when I start the car stating the spare tyre pressure needs attention but when I physically check it the pressure is fine. Will this effect the MOT which is due shortly as it will be seen when the tester starts the motor? Any guidance greatly appreciated Thumbs Up

Try a search on here, sure it’s been covered, try inflating it to around 40psi, 45psi seems a figure I recall.

Post #208483817th Sep 2019 6:23 pm
Ceekay

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Waitomo GreyDiscovery 4

Cheers for the info and advice one less thing to worry about as will be swapping them soon for my Comps with KO2’s for winter at least, and will sort the current wheels, tyres and sensors then Thumbs Up
 D4 HSE Lux MY16 Club Waitomo
D3 HSE MY06 missing her still… 

Post #208497018th Sep 2019 10:55 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
M3bobby

United Kingdom 

Oswiperus wrote:
I think spare wheel TPMS can be disabled with IID, I believe the option is there because pre AdBlue Disco's could be specced with space saver which is not monitored (I think) So maybe an option if you can't get it fixed in time for MOT.

There is a setting in the CCF for 4 wheels or 4 wheels and spare. My TPMS is fitted but not programmed so I get a fault on the dash. It passed the MOT without issue.

Post #208590522nd Sep 2019 10:09 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >