Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Discovery 5 - L462

Stolen D5 - Anyone been asked for this from insurance ?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Russell

United Kingdom 

Farmer Chalk wrote:
Some of our previous investigations highlighted that keys had been programmed prior to the date of theft.. which means two things.. either the victim might not be telling the truth and obtained a different key for whatever reason or alternatively whilst the car was being valeted or parked in an airport car park etc another key was made for it.. this was also really common with prestige hire cars whereby an additional key was made before the car was handed back… then stolen some time hence which distanced the thief /hirer from the subsequent theft…

From what I was told when I had the activity key programmed, LR restrict latest Discoveries to 2 keys plus the activity key. If you loose a key and go to get a new one, 99% of the time you cannot get it programmed and have to have a new module s well. Not sure how true that is or if it is just smoke and mirrors from LR
 MY17 D5 1st Edition Namib Orange
MY15 D4 HSE Kaikoura Stone
MY12 D4 HSE Nara Bronze Sold and gone
MY11 D4 HSE Stornaway Grey Sold and gone
D3 S spec Silver Sold and gone
Tow bar, full length roof bars, side steps, tow bar storage unit, surround camers.
D4 camera club 

Post #23284581st Mar 2023 1:31 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
3disco

My Evoque went into the dealers for the recall on the steering rack new rack fitted but they lost the keys so have ordered a new BCU and key so I would have thought if they could have programmed a new key without changing the BCU they would’ve.(yes I know it’s not a Disco!) Shocked

Post #23286011st Mar 2023 11:00 pm
s60r

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Commercial XS Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

The moment I read this thread I knew it was an attempt to wriggle out of payment by the insurance company.

They will try all in their power not to pay out.

I have also had an attempted theft, and it is very important to ensure they cannot take the vehicle. Use any method you like (disklok etc) miine was removal of the OBD...... as if it gets as far as a claim they will try to refuse by any means.... and then there is the battle to prove value as they all also want to pay the absolute minimum there also.

I would try to prevent them from taking it in the first place if possible....and avoid the arguments and stress.

It's such a shame as they are great cars and I miss mine every day (now sold). I'll be back one day when Disco theft is a thing of the past!
 A mod a week until I have nothing to improve or add.  
Post #23286051st Mar 2023 11:48 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >