52%  [65]
I don't really care - take it or leave it
38%
 38%  [48]
Total Votes: 124

James W

United Kingdom 
"Super Saturday"

So it's "Super Saturday" tomorrow.. I'm curious on the mix of opinions, who will be going out, who is staying in, who isn't sure?

I would go to a pub as long as I knew i could book a table and it was table service. I'd definitely go to a restaurant, having seen all the prep work going on in the village. I'm really eager to support my most local favourite spots. I'm not going out this weekend as we're already busy and also, I'm personally more keen to see how it goes first and let the businesses iron out the wrinkles first.

I think most people will stay put, or dip a toe with a quick pint, with just a small (heavily reported) percentage of the population planning a bender.

So what's your stance Question

Plea: Please don't let this die in the politics section, I'm just curious on who is doing what this weekend, not the rights or wrongs of how we got here Thumbs Up
 D4 XS, gone, much loved, never forgotten
2018 FFRR SDV8 Autobiography - Gone to someone with less sense and more time to enjoy it Very Happy
2016 Toyota Hilux Invincible - Liberating experience 

Post #21583603rd Jul 2020 8:28 am
NJSS

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto Waitomo GreyDiscovery 4

I voted "No chance - I'm not risking it", as I believe that this weekend will be chaotic.

I would love to support my favourite pubs & restaurants, and will do so once again when things have settled down.

NJSS
 Am I Gammon or Woke ? - I neither know nor care.

2016 Discovery 4 Landmark
2011 Mercedes Benz SL350 (R230)
1973 MG B GT V8 - 3.9L John Eales engine, 5 speed R380 gearbox, since 1975.
1959 MGA roadster - 1.9L Peter Burgess Engine - 5 speed gearbox
Past LRs - Multiple FFRs, Discos & a Series I - some petrol, some diesel,
none Electric or H2 fuel cell - yet.
There are 10 types of people in this world: Those who understand binary, and those who don’t. 

Post #21583623rd Jul 2020 8:31 am
Hardware

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Sumatra BlackDiscovery 4

All police leave has been cancelled ( not sure if that's nationally or just Manchester) so it's clear they're expecting trouble.

I'm on the page of let it all die down for a few weeks then maybe go mid-week for a swift half, just to show support.

Dean
====================================

2011 D4 XS - OBD port protection, RLD spare wheel protector, All LED interiors lights, Timed Climate enabled, iiD tool paired.
2011 D4 Landmark - Stolen from same dealer before I paid for it
2011 D4 GS - Stolen whilst at dealer Sad ... All LED interiors lights, DRLs, Spare Wheel protector.
1996 300Tdi - Eaten by tin worms 

Post #21583653rd Jul 2020 8:37 am
rrhool

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

I voted 'take it or leave it' because I'm not overly concerned about an increased risk, and as much as I'd like to go for a pint with some friends, I don't like crowds, and I think this weekend might be a bit crazy.
 Richard

D3 SE 2007. Triumph 2.5Pi 1973. Ferguson TEA20 1948.

Discovery 2 4.0 ES 2001- Gone
Discovery 1 300Tdi ES '95 - Gone
Range Rover Classic '79 - Gone 

Post #21583663rd Jul 2020 8:37 am
adam

United Kingdom 

I’m up for it - ish, so voted the first.
1 metre is not really much more than most people think as personal space and on the odd occasion I go to a supermarket, most folk are a lot closer than the current 2m.
I don’t think we will see the Friday night crush at the bar anymore, but what’s the issue with sensible queues?

If you feel vulnerable, self isolate, that’s an individual decision based on whatever advice you believe to be correct.

I’m booked into my local on Saturday and looking forward to it🍺

Edit - My daughter is going into Mcr on Saturday to Albert Schloss - table booking only, max 2 hour stay - will get her views on the City Centre when I meet up with her later.
 Now Golf GTI PP, 7 speed DSG.
Ex D3 and D4 

Last edited by adam on 3rd Jul 2020 8:45 am. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #21583683rd Jul 2020 8:41 am
Hardware

I'm now wondering if Iggy arranged next virtual camp to NOT be on the 4th so he can go out on a bender ?

Dean

2011 D4 XS - OBD port protection, RLD spare wheel protector, All LED interiors lights, Timed Climate enabled, iiD tool paired.
2011 D4 GS - Stolen whilst at dealer Sad ... All LED interiors lights, DRLs, Spare Wheel protector.

Post #21583693rd Jul 2020 8:42 am
adam

United Kingdom 

Hardware wrote:
All police leave has been cancelled ( not sure if that's nationally or just Manchester) so it's clear they're expecting trouble.

I'm on the page of let it all die down for a few weeks then maybe go mid-week for a swift half, just to show support.

Possibly based on the actions of the idiots at the other end of the East Lancs.
 Now Golf GTI PP, 7 speed DSG.
Ex D3 and D4 

Post #21583713rd Jul 2020 8:46 am
leeds

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Yulong WhiteDiscovery 4

Well our local micro brewery/pub is opening on Saturday. However I am NOT going and will not be going for the next few weeks.

However I have had my usual BIB delivered yesterday. They are actually getting more money weekly out of me by selling me takeaways rather than me drinking in the bar.

Next Thursday will just get what is my normal weekly BIB

Brendan

Post #21583723rd Jul 2020 8:56 am
Sea Raider

Wonder how many peeps will be bed ridden with the sheeeits on Sunday as premises flog all the out of date alcohol that's been sitting for a few months unsold.
Course that would never happen Whistle

Post #21583783rd Jul 2020 9:23 am
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 

I'm going to our local. They have booked tables and there is outside seating too which we'll probably use, weather permitting. It's going to be table service so no queuing at the bar. I think it's not going to be too bust at our local, although I bet some town pubs will be heaving. Wouldn't be surprised to see some pubs only letting in regulars who have supported them during the lockdown by buying takeaways etc., at least for this weekend anyway.

As for out of date stock, as they've been getting paid to dispose of it, I doubt there'll be too much risk. Our local had to tip away beer and this was witnessed by the brewery. They got paid for any that was disposed of. The long life stuff in bottles and cans shouldn't be an issue anyway.
 Visiting from rrsport.co.uk
2012 RRS SDV6
2008 RRS TDV8
"When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die! You don't know who's children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they were always going to have to do from the very beginning: SIT DOWN AND TALK!" 

Post #21583843rd Jul 2020 9:51 am
HWN

Wales 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 4

RRSTDV8 wrote:
I think it's not going to be too bust at our local

A few weeks away from the pub and you are just thinking about the barmaids.... Wink

2015 Volvo V40
2014 D4 HSE
2006 RRS - C'est mort. Fin...  ...It's alive!  Oh no, it's not - scrapped.
2019 Suzuki Kingquad 400
2017 RamRod Taskmaster 1150
1977 John Deere 2130

Post #21584183rd Jul 2020 11:41 am
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 

Embarassed Laughing Laughing
 Visiting from rrsport.co.uk
2012 RRS SDV6
2008 RRS TDV8
"When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die! You don't know who's children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they were always going to have to do from the very beginning: SIT DOWN AND TALK!" 

Post #21584233rd Jul 2020 11:54 am
Hardware

FB post from one of our local drinking holes ...

Quote:
After taking advice Tuesday from licensing we will remain closed this weekend. In the interest of protecting our safe environment and our customers we are opening Tuesday 7th July at 5pm.

As we put the final touches in place, there are some things to consider:
1. All customers are required to provide names/address/contact numbers. This is to help with track and trace.
2. Every customer will be offered an alcoholic shot of hand sanitizer on arrival.
3. The seating inside & outside has been arranged to adhere to social distancing so please ensure they stay where they are.
4. Toilets will have a deep clean and a spot is marked outside them so you can queue respectfully. You will be rewarded with a further shot of alcohol gel after use.
5. We will take bookings for groups of 4 or more from Sunday (you must call the mobile and I must answer to confirm availability). Walk ins will be welcome - its pot luck. 😬. We have space upstairs!
6. Under government guidelines customers booking tables will have a two hour time limit on their stay. At weekends we’re creating slots to spread the love. 1-3pm 3-5pm 5-7pm 7-9pm 9-11pm. Please understand this is to assist everyone.
Please bear with us, your health & well being is our utmost priority whilst we make these steps towards some normality. Stay safe everyone and see you next week! Donna & the team xx

Dean

Post #21584393rd Jul 2020 12:48 pm
JonM

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

As our only local pub / restaurant within walking distance has gone in to administration, I'll be sitting in front of the telly with a glass of wine as usual. Rolling Eyes
 MY2022 D5 HSE D300 - with extra nice bits added
MY2019 D5 HSE 3.0 SDV6 - sold to a dealer for a crazy price! - So good I bought another!
MY2012 D4 HSE 3.0 SDV6 - retired to a new home

Post #21584423rd Jul 2020 1:17 pm
G3Z

Wales 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

I don’t even know what this ‘Super Saturday’ is about - so I’m clearly not interested/bothered and enjoying lock down..
 Defender 110 2.4 TDCi Utility Station Wagon.

2007 Disco 3 GS TDV6 Manual
200,000+ mile club 😎 

Post #21584453rd Jul 2020 1:26 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 4 1234>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >