DISCO4.COM > General

Suspension fault error light ........
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
MX

United Kingdom 
Suspension fault error light ........

This is probably covered elsewhere but I'll ask a general question

Got this error a while ago and the dealer replaced some sensor or other to fix it. Now I have experieced the fault again. I restartted the car a couple of times and it went away ....... it came back on again this morning but is now Off after a restart at lunchtime.

I am going on holiday soon and wondered what the impact of these faults actually are if you are towing a caravan .....should I stop and report it (while going across france) or is it ok to drive?
 D3 05 SE (old one)

RRS 08 SE (new one)

formerly mxgeldar7 

Post #7105818th Jul 2006 1:39 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Do you know if it was a suspension height sensor or an air pressure sensor?
TBH, i'd get it in to the dealers as it wouldn't be very nice trundling a tin tent across France at access height Sad
although Jezza would probably call it Divine retribution Wink Laughing Laughing

Post #7106118th Jul 2006 1:45 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Winger
Site Moderator 

2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

mxgeldar7, have you had the enhancement programme work done yet?

Post #7110918th Jul 2006 3:57 pm
pete57

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

I had or have the same problem. Suspension light randomly comes on showing suspension fault. Car drives perfectly ok though. I reported it and some software was downloaded but the fault continued to happen about once a week. I returned to the dealer and they said Land Rover is aware that there is a problem and until there is a new software download to deal with it, its going to continue to happen. HT suggested that when the light comes on, stop the car, switch off and start up again. This I did and it cancels the fault error message.
touch wood, this fault has not reoccurred for a few months. It seems to have self healed itself without further software downloads.
 D3 Buckingham Blue SE Auto
BMW 325i Convertible
Fiesta 1.4 Zetec
Fiesta1.4TDCi 

Post #7128119th Jul 2006 7:36 am
Ken

I used to get the error light (not for a while now) it happened when I was towing a trailer (loaded 2.8t) over speed bumps Shocked I whould appear to me that the error came about when the sensor got a shock load but then this might be totally wrong

Post #7129019th Jul 2006 8:15 am
10forcash

Pete57, did it occur during low temperatures? Did you also get a 'special programs not available' message?

Post #7129819th Jul 2006 9:20 am
pete57

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Didn't get error message 'special programs not available' Just 'suspension fault'. It would come on in normal driving conditions. ie no bends, bumps etc. Strangely it hasn't happened for a couple of months. Having got the car last September and using it through the cooler months and the fact its not happened this Summer could be temperature related do you think?
 D3 Buckingham Blue SE Auto
BMW 325i Convertible
Fiesta 1.4 Zetec
Fiesta1.4TDCi 

Post #7131519th Jul 2006 10:07 am
10forcash

The reason I ask is that I had a similar issue, which was basically the CAN bus shutting down, cause was the air mass sensor not liking cold air, fixed by a software upgrade to the engine ECU

Post #7131819th Jul 2006 10:10 am
croyde

After a bit of soft off-roading in France, I got this suspension fault error, which was a bit much as the tracks were passable for old 2CVs.

After a couple of times it did not reappear for about a 1000 miles but came on the other day after the car had to drive down the road to Sainsburys to be loaded with 5 bags of shopping Laughing

Has to be a dodgy sensor and to be honest, I wish that they could rip all this computer gubbins out because every trip I have had back to the dealer has been due to dodgy sensors/software. A waste of my time and theirs.

21st century mumbo jumbo is spoiling an otherwise great car.

Post #7182320th Jul 2006 7:38 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >