Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Faults & Fixes (D3)

[Electrical] Suspension Height Failure
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 12 of 16 <123 ... 111213 141516>
Weedyapl

Australia 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

If you see the amber suspension light do not replace your compressor just yet spray your air dryer cap with soapy water to see if its leaking.

Hitachi compressors have a very common fault with air dryer cap leaking get your codes read for $80 or buy a scan tool and get the code. If its C1A20 most people fix it just by replacing the air dryer cap which you can do with it still on the car.

Search for this code on this forum and you will find the fix. Its extremely common and where it cracks there is a pre-existing plastic join. Sometimes its your reservoir but normally you can hear it hissing if you put your ear about a foot away apparently.

I bought air dryer cap for $80 off ebay and fitted it myself its very easy just a little bit fiddly. Mechanic wanted $1800 for new AMK compressor and its been fine didnt even replace the air dryer silicon/filters.

Also its is apparently normal for the car to adjust upon starting after sitting in a non level position for 3 or more days as the car self levels over time (by lowering) according to workshop manual. Where i normally park its not level and i see this happen after 3 days. If i get the good park which is closer and perfectly level it doesnt do it at all.

Post #169633826th Aug 2016 12:45 am
rconnew

England 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3
Yellow warning light - new pump - C1A20 - going nuts

Had the yellow warning light come on and was told given the age of the car better to get a whole new pump assembly which I did a Dunlop version rather then the Hitachi ones. Fitted all was well for a few weeks then after towing the caravan a long way it was back on again. You can start the car and for a few minutes or so its fine and will raise and lower as you wish less when going for off road you get a message after a while raising slowly. The it either just stops and or the warning light comes on again suspension locked etc.
I was advised to recalibrate the suspension and had a guy do that, took it for a test drive and all seemed fine until we went down a hill over a road bump and it came back on. He checked the system and got the Error code C1A20 which it seems on here is normally fixed by change of pump end cap etc but given this is now a new pump and the Dunlop version has the pipes bolted on the normal suspects don't appear to be the case.
We did at one time think with soapy water think we could see an air leak for the reservoir tank along the end weld but couldn't get the bubbles to show it again. The guy tried soapy water all round but couldn't find a leak yet it certainly appears there is one just can't find it.
Anyone any idea where to start before I start in desperation swapping parts out cheapest first until I find it give that's the only suggestion so far? Can't believe there isn't a more logical approach?
Thanks

Richard

Post #17028178th Sep 2016 1:07 pm
VOD80

France 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Adriatic BlueDiscovery 3

There is a logical approach but it takes a bit of time. I was a bit impatient and wrongly diagnosed my front valve block. In fact, it was a leaking air bag.

What you need to do is pull the air suspension fuses and measure the suspension heights over time. At the end, mine was falling really quickly, but not all the way to the bump stops.

Once you know it's an air leak, then you need to go around and find out where. I found it best to get all four wheels off as well as the plastic wheel arch liners ans check everything. I found a suspension airbug leak and was quickly fixed, thanks to Advanced Factors.

I would say the compressor is unlikely to be the source of the problem, you need to find out the real issue!

Post #170445611th Sep 2016 5:11 pm
Steve_ralf

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

We had the suspension fault warning come up today. Then the front started to bounce at around 30mph.
Restarting the car seemed to clear the fault, but it then came up as 'suspension raising slowly'
Any idea what this is most likely to be?

Post #17438134th Dec 2016 10:32 am
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

1. compressor
2. suspension calibation
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #17442254th Dec 2016 10:19 pm
Tung

Kenya 2005 LR3 TDV6 HSE Auto Unknown ColourLR3
Re: Hdc fault

Tung wrote:
I went to the local landrover mech for brake pad change and after jacking, the car came down with Hdc not available, traction, Abs and the front permanently lower than the rear. While stationary vehicle can be lifted to off-road but the front remains in access while the rear goes as high as usual but as soon as you move it all lowers to bump stops. Diagnosis Faults:U 416-94 andU-421-94, P0500-vehicle speed sensor, rear right speed sensor circuit. Looked through the wiring..cleaned, changed the battery, changed the break switch and the rear speed sensor to no avail. disco 3 2005

Belated Update: many months after that and after a lot of troubleshooting, several Abs sensor bought, several Landy mechs consulted, it was found that the mechanic had fastened one side of the break shoe tighter and this affected the rotation of the wheel hence the Speed sensor A fault. A little adjustment of the hand real shoe and all was fine. The clincher was the presence of the green (descending car) warning on the dashboard.which one mech thought had to do with friction with the brakes
 D3,2005/D4,2010/Merc w203, 2004  
Post #180770125th Apr 2017 11:42 am
fernandocmagallanes

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Adriatic BlueDiscovery 3

is it safe to drive with a faulty suspension in the dash board?got 2005 LR3 car is lowered but i can drive it more than 30mph ...cant spend no more money on this crap car..spent more than £5000 with in 3 years...need to get rid of this car after two months..any help? thank you

Post #18435653rd Aug 2017 9:03 am
fernandocmagallanes

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Adriatic BlueDiscovery 3

went to land rover newport faulty suspension..diagnosed(£84) they said i need an electrician..went home gutted..me and my friend open the motor of the suspension compressor its stuck just cleaned and put grease and sorted..faulty signs on the dash board gone..suspension works well..

Post #184795716th Aug 2017 5:17 pm
gstuart

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

good to hear it's all sorted Thumbs Up

Post #184795816th Aug 2017 5:23 pm
UK sunnybrae

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Aintree GreenDiscovery 3

Hi,
For the last couple of days while I am driving along (no particular speed or driving style) my 2004 manual D3 TDV6 SE will alert me to a system fault, the first thing it shows is:

HDC FAULT SYSTEM NOT AVAILABLE followed shortly by: SPECIAL PROGRAMMES NOT AVAILABLE

and then: SUSPENSION LOWERED,
Also ABS light on.

The next day all was OK, so off to the caravan holiday (250 m round trip). No probs going there but on the return journey I noticed at stops the engine pulsing and noticed my manual gear box indicator showing the letter E. I was close to home so stopped and started the vehicle a few times and waited as I googled the issue restarted some 10mins later and it no longer appeared.

But at home the car showed all the faults highlighted in capitols, HDC fault etc the next morning and to date has not disappeared.

Bake fault light showing too Ive read of D3 issues so bought a new battery as it was showing low, no change, alternator Im told should be approx 12.7v charging , Im getting 12.5/4,............. new belt fitted recently.
So last week the car has had new front brake pads n discs fitted same for the back inc new sensors fitted (over kill yes but done now) and hey presto that fault is now remedied for the ABS issues?
Swapped out the brake pedal switch for newy, no change to original fault. Checked the voltage at the red wire to earth today and my reading is 11.68 volts what should this read Please...........having read somewhere that this could be an issue so my guess is 12.544 v min???

Checked the rear bulbs all look good but some have dark areas in the glass so waiting on spares to arrive..........................
Fuses checked out OK
Looked at the TCM, looked good but reading on its open to moisture internally so ordered a spare 2nd hand (£22) but that showed additional parking brake sensor warning lamp & gear indicator showed the letter E, swapped back all good/ but original fault still present so have counted that part out.
Still looking to at posts and there may be issues with
• Steering angle sensor to be checked and recalibrated if required.
• Height sensor faulty / voltage check
• Suspension pump failure.

Wow, so not impressed so far..any help would be appreciated.
Cheers LD£ fans

Post #197426215th Aug 2018 3:23 pm
Narpy

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

If your alternator is only doing 12.5v, it's well past it's best. Should be well over 14v at first start dropping down to around 13.8v once warm.

Try charging the battery overnight and see if problems clear.
Failing that, get the codes read and go from there.
 Mods:
Front Fogs + Halos
FBH Remote Control
The 1st Ever RRS Modded Grill
Garmin Nuvi + D4 Surround + Reversing Camera.
D4 Steering Wheel.
Rear Boot Spoiler.
Twin Brake Lights.
Wing Mirror Indicator Repeaters.
Long Roof Rails
Make your own Narpy grill thread
I'm not scared, I'm outta here. 

Post #197427815th Aug 2018 4:22 pm
thanosgr

Greece 

Hello I have a warning light about suspension thr air compressor not working

Post #197434215th Aug 2018 7:14 pm
thanosgr

Greece 

Post #197434515th Aug 2018 7:23 pm
thanosgr

Greece 

Post #197435215th Aug 2018 7:38 pm
thanosgr

Greece 

Fuses checked ok and the old relay R7 replayed with a new britpart any idea?

Post #197435415th Aug 2018 7:45 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 12 of 16 <123 ... 111213 141516>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >