Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Technical (D3)

Suspension light now
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
discovery3ski

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3
Suspension light now

I got a suspension light in the dash this evening. Had a few issues recently with the Christmas tree dash but a new battery appeared to fix that.
The suspension light was a yellow warning but the car still ran well. It came on twice ,once after a restart of the car.
Both times when cornering the car hardish in estate bends.
I know a code reader is the way forward but the two I have won’t talk to the car and I’m not sure I’m pr par d to spend four hundr d quid on a small box I have little or no idea of how the thing works. I’m just not technologically gifted...
Is there a common cause for this? Does the compressor require a small service/ crystals renewing?
 Discovery 3 tdv6 HSE 2007
Alfa GTV CUP
Alfa 156 JTS
Alfa Spider TS
Alfa GT Cloverleaf
Volvo XC70 

Post #205317514th May 2019 8:41 pm
Sea Raider

I know its not what you want to hear but you really do need your codes read
it could be any number of things

Post #205317614th May 2019 8:43 pm
kajtzu

Finland 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

What Sea Raider said. Thumbs Up

Post #205317714th May 2019 8:45 pm
Sea Raider

The GAP IID BT is really simple to use its just plug and play and brings up a lists of faults like -

Body Control

• B1B70-81 (28 ) Local connection network bus circuit 2 -bus signal/message failure - invalid serial data
• B1B91-3A (6C) Seat tilt motor speed/ position sensor - frequency modulation/pulse width modulation failure incorrect, has too many pulses
• B1C20-73 (68 ) Drivers mirror down switch - mechanical failure - actuator is stuck closed
• B1C62-12 (68 ) Battery saver relay output circuit - general electric failure - circuit short to battery
• B1D08-11 (68 ) Left turn signal circuit - general electrical failure - circuit short to ground
• B1D09-11 (68 ) Right turn signal circuit - general electrical failure - circuit short to ground
• B1D09-15 (68 ) Right turn signal circuit - General electrical failure - circuit short to battery or open
• B1D17-87 (28 ) Bus circuit - Bus signal/message failure - missing a message
• B1D18-87 (68 ) Volumetric sensor circuit - bus signal/message failure - missing a message

Cell Phone

• U0029-68 (FD) Vehicle communication bus A performance - Algorithm based failure

Instrument Pack

• U0132-87 (28 ) Lost Communication with ride level control module Bus signal /message failure - missing a message
• U0159-87 (2E) Lost communication with parking assist control module Bus signal/message failure - missing a message

Navigation

• U3000-68 (2C) Control module - Algorithm based failure

Suspension

• C1A18-64 (28 ) Pressure increases too rapid when filling reservoir - Algorithm based failure - signal plausibility failure
• C1A20-64 (AF) Pressure increases too slow when filling reservoir - Algorithm based failure - signal plausibility failure

Transfer Case

• U0073-88 (28 ) Control Module communication bus off - bus signal/message failure - bus is off
• U0155-87 (28 ) Lost Communication with instrument cluster control module - bus signal/message failure - missing a message

Vehicle Dynamic

• U0132-87 (2B) Lost communication with ride level control module - bus signal/message failure - missing a message

A search on the code on here or Google 99 times out of a 100 will pinpoint EXACTLY what is wrong with the motor and you also have the advantage of being able to read live values

I had an annoying fault prior to getting my reader and changed the brake switch as thats what most threads pointed to but when changed it made no difference, when I bought the reader it pointed to a faulty ABS sensor, live values threw this up

O/S/R sensor changed and all good

Post #205318514th May 2019 8:57 pm
Narpy

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

For fear of repeating myself, here's what I last posted to your request, you must have missed it:

Narpy ( previously ) wrote:
Well, why don't you put out a shout for a forum member close to you to help out?

Start a new thread, entitle it "Help needed near Leicester" and see who responds. There will, very likely, be a member close by who will help read your codes over a brew and a chat.
You cannot ( unless you have bottomless pockets ) keep on randomly replacing parts hoping to hit a bullseye with the right one especially when the vehicle has an onboard diagnostic recording system that only needs accessing with a suitable tool.

Good luck with it, because without reading the codes, you're gonna need it. Wink
 Mods:
Front Fogs + Halos
FBH Remote Control
The 1st Ever RRS Modded Grill
Garmin Nuvi + D4 Surround + Reversing Camera.
D4 Steering Wheel.
Rear Boot Spoiler.
Twin Brake Lights.
Wing Mirror Indicator Repeaters.
Long Roof Rails
Make your own Narpy grill thread
I'm not scared, I'm outta here. 

Post #205318914th May 2019 9:07 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >