Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Technical (D3)

suspension problem
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
kjetiljy

Norway 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
suspension problem

Hi, and first of all I'd like to apoligize for posting a question I think I should have been able to find the answer to in previous discussions. But I have been trying for some time now, without success.. so here it goes!

The symptoms:
The access height mode is not activated on the car. When starting the car there is no warning light, I can hear the compressor working, and when choosing off road or access height, the system responds (It feels slow, but I have no referance so I'm not sure). After about 20-30 sec the pling, and light is there and the message "suspension fault-normal height only" appears. Turn the enigne off and start again the message reappears as before.

This has been happening for some months now, but in the beginning it did not happen every time I took my car out for a spin. Also, if I choose off road height at start up, it seems that the message do not appear as soon as when in normal mode..

I have been to an independent with autologica diagnostics tool to read and clear, but after a short trip the light pops up, no improvement. However, if I remember one of the fault codes said something about low voltage..

After trying to find answers in the discussion here, I suppose it could be related to wiring loom with corroction, or maybe ride height sensors.

Hopefully one of you disco guru's would be able to help me with some tips as to what to do!! Confused

Post #6807518th Aug 2010 1:08 am
CMG

United States 2007 LR3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Java BlackLR3

Does the compressor fire up with the LR? Sounds like it does, so the issue is most likely a height sensor, or wiring as you suggested, check for breakages.

Are you under warranty? Smile
 17 Discovery 5 HSE Si6, Fuji White on brown | 07 LR3 SE 4.4 Java Black on Alpaca
Club V8/Club OCD

Post #6807538th Aug 2010 1:45 am
kjetiljy

Norway 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Thanks for the feedback!

Unfortunately the warranty is out, so I'm out there risking my savings every day Smile

With breakages I assume you mean that one of the ride height sensors has visibel physical damage? Rolling Eyes
I have already checked (with my untrained and unskilled eye) the parts and they seem not to be damaged in any way. Is there any otherway I could check the different parts myself visually or otherwise for breakages?

My nearest official dealer is a 2 hours drive away, so I would prefer to be able to tell them what to fix if I go there, as I know they have used many attempts at trying to figure out similiar problems.

I should also have mentioned in my original post that the message first appeared after trying to jack the car to put on the summer tires. I had the door open (or was it the tail gate?) but I think I might not have been fast enough, so the brain might have deactivated before the actual jacking started. This was at the right rear corner, and I was not able to lift the car high enough to get the tire off.. My suspicion is that something went wrong in this procedure...

Post #6809558th Aug 2010 10:50 pm
Darryl

England 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 S Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

I had same problem 2 weeks ago normal ride height only would raise and lower from start but if i drove approx 1 mile or so fault would come up Shocked changed compressor after test and dianostics at stealers seem to have cured it so far so good no problems Thumbs Up

Post #6810999th Aug 2010 2:23 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >