Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Technical (D3)

Suspesion fault
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
DM78

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Indus SilverDiscovery 3
Suspesion fault

Hi. Hope someone can point in the right direction, as after two days chasing a fault I've had enough!

I bought a 2006 D3 TDV6 as mileage was pretty low for the money but had an orange suspension light on. Took the gamble as car was priced well. He'd had code read and faulty RH front sensor was suspected. Sensor supplied with car.

Code was C1A04 - FRONT RIGHT SENSOR (PERM), GENERAL ELEC. FAILURE - CIRCUIT VOLTAGE OUT OF RANGE.

I fitted new sensor and surprise, surprise fault still present ( kind of knew it would be, to be honest!).

Next I started looking at the wires to sensor. One of the wires near the plug had been repaired before and the wire looked blue instead of copper coloured. Was hoping to repair but no solder would take to the wire. I ordered repair loom to replace.

I then tested wires from sensor back to Air Suspension Control Module. I found the 5V supply wire open circuit. All others 0.3 ohms. I then located C2293-C2294 plug in LHS wheel arch and test either side of this to determine if break before or after. When I tested from here all was OK, 0.3 ohms across all, in both directions. May have been poor connection and bad wires at plug??

Refitted everything, replaced sensor plug loom and started up. Fault gone from dash. Started and car went into extended on the rear and FRHS went all the way down. When selecting new height kept returning to extended. Used Nanocom and reset this but then new fault appeared. C1A73 - FRONT RIGHT HEIGHT SENSOR MECHANISM - GENERAL ELECTRICAL FAILURE. Previous codes gone.

Any help appreciated as cant find any reference to this new code on the net. May return to original sensor and see if this helps.

Thanks again.

Post #189011714th Dec 2017 8:31 am
Randylover

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

I might be wrong , but I’m sure I had to re calibrate mine after fitting a new one, also I put the wrong side on first as they look the same but have different part numbers
HTH
Andy
 05 TDV6,"S" in all colourcoded Zermatt silver,7 seats winter pack HK 6cd stereo,Dual climate,Xenons,

Mods:
Re-Con Engine,De-Tango,Reverse camera,Fog/DRl lights,Aux Battery, perm Aux socket in boot,LED Volt meters in roof panel,Built in tom tom, Strobes fitted in grille, Aux switches for trailer lights fitted in roof panel,Roof Rails,Grille conversion 

Post #189011914th Dec 2017 8:41 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >