Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Technical (D3)

System Error - Special Programs Not Available
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
tfloyd

Hong Kong 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 5 Seat Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
System Error - Special Programs Not Available

I posted this topic a fwe weeks ago but cannot now find it so quote below my post and update. Thanks to whoever it was that highlighted the potential and actual problem.

I had this warning on my "almost out of warranty" TD3 three times in the past month or so. When it happens, the car is incapable of accelerating or increasing speed. The last time it happened, I noticed that the dial that alters the program mode, which is usually set on road use and is normally lit yellow, was not lit at all.

Like any computer run toy, I can turn the power/ignition off, then on, and the problem is resolved (until the next time).

Land Rover (Hong Kong, where I live) said last week there is nothing wrong. I have however sent the TD3 back to them again with 5 days warranty to go, and I want them to find a problem.

Has anyone had this problem before? I can find nothing in the Owner's Manual that came with the car about this problem.

UNQUOTE

... and the result ...

Someone in another LR forum suggested that it might be the turbo (MAP) actuator (?) and that a new turbo charger would be needed. LR Hong Kong said that it was those faults and fortunately covered under warranty. It has taken three weeks though to get LR to sort this, including one week for LR UK to confirm that the parts are under warranty! Thanks for suggestions.

Post #61803610th Mar 2010 12:57 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

From the above info I'd have guessed battery/alternator fault, not Turbo. Good that it's covered by warranty.

Turbo failure, coming to a D3 near you! Thumbs Up Discuss peeps!

PS just reread, lack of power is certainly a sign of a knackered turbo. Must read properly! Embarassed

Post #61804610th Mar 2010 1:16 pm
tfloyd

New battery was purchased (boy they are expensive in HK!) as the techie mechanic said that was what was showing up as faulty on his computer. A little dubious, but there you go. As a non-mechanic, I fail to understand why a turbo failure can be corrected from time to time by turning the ignition off then on. Guess that is precisely why I am a desk-jockey and not a mechanic!

Post #61806110th Mar 2010 1:34 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
DSL

Ukraine 

Was the turbo done under 3 year from new warranty?? Of that is the case so should the battery!

Post #61806610th Mar 2010 1:39 pm
tfloyd

Yes, turbo under 3 year warranty. Unfortunately, the battery is a 'wear and tear' item so not. the techie said different diagnostic fault came up so was definitely a battery fault. yeah right. exactly same effect from battery issue and turbo defect all in one week. i think not. anyway, just glad to have it back!

Post #61807110th Mar 2010 1:51 pm
DSL

Ukraine 

Hmmmmm, Shocked one of my D3s had a new battery fitted a few weeks before it turned 3. The owner at the time didn't even complain about battery issues, it was changed when serviced.

Post #61808010th Mar 2010 2:00 pm
Discotres

Scotland 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Manual Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Can I take the credit for the then Razz

Here is your original query and the perfect answer Wink

http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/post609268.html#609268

Well done and glad you got it fixed Thumbs Up

Post #61808510th Mar 2010 2:08 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >