Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Off Topic - Humour, Rants & Pointless Posts

A tale of two Hermes deliveries.....
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12
Dusty

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

These days If I can get it locally I will.

Had a £1200 lawnmower left at my side gate once, luckily nobody pitched it and still can't believe the supplier didn't want it signed for!!

It broke down after a month and to get it repaired FOC it had to go back to the supplier, which was more hassle than it was worth, so paid 95% of the saving I'd made to get it fixed Sad

Lesson learnt and all that.
 Discovery 4 HSE
SDV6

Post #20076209th Dec 2018 11:53 pm
bobgolden

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4

Herpes are ruddy useless. Half the time they turn up in old bangers that are probably not insured for business use.

That’s when they do turn up if course. We had a number of weekend deliveries that were updated with the “customer was out” despite us being in. When I challenged them about it one time, they just said we don’t work on the day in question. In fairness, we complained to John Lewis and they haven’t used them since as far as I know.
 2010 MX-5 2.0 Sport Tech PRHT
2019 Suzuki Vitara AllGrip

Gone BMW X5 xDrive 30d M Sport (F15)
Gone Disco 4 HSE SD V6
Gone 2008 Jaguar XF 2.7TD Premium Luxury 

Post #200796511th Dec 2018 4:36 am
Dave T

England 

This is the big trouble with internet shopping, suppliers making bold promises they can't keep on delivery, even when you pay extra for a specific service. Doesn't matter what sort of contract a delivery driver is on, the company taking your money is supplying you a service that they should carry out without damaging/losing your goods.
 Joined the BMWX5 45e group
1994 Defender 90

2015 RRS Corris Grey/Black roof
2016 D4 Graphite Santorini Black
2012 D4 XS Orkney Grey
2005 D3 S Maya Gold

Convoy for Heroes 2011 

Post #200797111th Dec 2018 7:48 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
astonbuilder

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

On Amazon you get the option to leave feedback on the delivery service with a few multiple-choice questions and then a text box. Except on items delivered by Hermes it seems, well it is on my recent purchases anyway Confused

Post #200798911th Dec 2018 8:56 am
robsmith

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

In some respects it depends on the delivery driver. Local to me there is one who delivers for a number of the "big boys" - she has a fair idea when people are going to be in, out, and in some cases even where they do their shopping! She does leave cards, and will then arrange a suitable meeting point (supermarket cafes being among her "location of choice") very polite, helpful and really goes the extra mile. Recently I was expecting a load of bits from different places, most of them arrived via her, and in one "drop" - she phoned first to make sure I was going to be in, turned up at the agreed time and a laugh & joke then delivered to a couple more down the street.
Unlike the "Oik in a Van" who just pushed the card through the door, with me stood in the open garage! I'd watched him push cards through other doors without even trying to ring the bells - he didn't leave the road until he'd delivered all the parcels.
 Rob Smith
Silver rools OK

Post #200799311th Dec 2018 9:02 am
FISHBOY

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4

I had a delivery signed for by "side gate" when I checked the delivery tracking...

Also had one delivery where the driver thought I was out so bizarrely threw my new £500 jacket over the next door neighbours back wall instead of mine. I caught him on the way out explaining I was expecting a delivery, which he then explained what he had done. I said no worries - I will catch up with the neighbours later.

5 mins later doorbell goes and hes standing there with my delivery Shocked
 Last of the D4 HSE...  
Post #200799711th Dec 2018 9:42 am
jamez79

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Indus SilverDiscovery 4

I bought a Transk9 dog box second hand but in perfect condition as shown in the eBay photos. I organised a courier (Hermes) to collect from Aberdeen and deliver to Staffodshire. I left instructions saying "if nobody home, please place in horse trailer, door wil be unlocked". I took out insurance for it and on doing so, Hermes stated "Signature required, due to the value of the item". I thought, fair enough can't expect them to leave it in the trailer so I'll just have to make sure I'm in to sign for it.

Waited almost 3 weeks for it to be collected and delivered, which was bad enough as I could have walked to collect it and carried it back!

Then returned home from work one day to find a delivery note from Herpes saying "Sorry we missed you.
Your parcel has been left in your safe place". Bonus! the trailer was unloicked.... Then I saw the hand written comment saying "Garden".... They meant back garden, which is only accessible through the 6' wooden gate, which is locked from the inside so they can't open it....?

Yep, they chucked it over the fence. Big Cry

Dented the corner, door wouldn't close properly and the infamous "silent" Transk9 box rattled like a druggy going cold turkey. Big Cry Big Cry

One complaint later and a full refund, I got to keep the box which still serves a purpose, but I wanted a perfect one. Rolling Eyes

Buy cheap, buy twice.

Post #200801111th Dec 2018 10:46 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >