DISCO4.COM > Technical (D4)

Test drive 2014 D4HSE - few issues to address
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
DaveJLBI

Ireland 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4
Test drive 2014 D4HSE - few issues to address

Hi guys
Test drove a D4 HSE MY2014 / facelift. All generally good, few cosmetic body issues that need tidying but seems a good one. A few minor issues though

1. Stop start / Eco light staying on, advised this is a battery that needs replacing. Will search on here, but is the general wisdom that battery is usually the reason for this?
2. Suspension height / button - it is working to go up no problem but does not lower on the button but did once I went over 45kph as usual. Is this a known problem, is it likely to be the button or something more serious?
3. Only one key with it, how much does a new key / coding typically cost, any recent experiences?

Any comments welcome, thanks

Have a list of mini projects then lined up to bring it to level of current vehicle which is up for sale to make way!
Apple CarPlay most likey with Naviplus again
Duratracs and decent tracking
LED lightbar, curved 32" in upper grill, wired to switch to allow operation with highbeams
Cubby fridge
Sliders / side steps
Light tint to rears

Post #212441728th Feb 2020 1:16 am
Oswiperus
D3 Decade 

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Stop/start light staying on is almost certainly the small stop/start battery at fault as you say.

I don't think there are any known faults regarding suspension not lowering on the switch on the D4.

I wouldn't put a deposit down on it until all faults are fixed or is it a private sale buying as seen?

There are plenty of D4's out there so look at a few.
 Stu

2016 D4 Landmark current
2022 Defender D300 SE Gone Sad
D4 2014 XS Commercial - Gone Sad
D4 2016 hse lux montalcino red - Gone
D3 2005 se java black - current
D3 2005 base manual - gone Sad
D2 1999 TD5 E white - current 

Post #212449128th Feb 2020 1:35 pm
PROFSR G

Ukraine 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 Commercial XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3
Re: Test drive 2014 D4HSE - few issues to address

DaveJLBI wrote:
Hi guys
Test drove a D4 HSE MY2014 / facelift. All generally good, few cosmetic body issues that need tidying but seems a good one. A few minor issues though

1. Stop start / Eco light staying on, advised this is a battery that needs replacing. Will search on here, but is the general wisdom that battery is usually the reason for this?
2. Suspension height / button - it is working to go up no problem but does not lower on the button but did once I went over 45kph as usual. Is this a known problem, is it likely to be the button or something more serious?
3. Only one key with it, how much does a new key / coding typically cost, any recent experiences?

Any comments welcome, thanks

Have a list of mini projects then lined up to bring it to level of current vehicle which is up for sale to make way!
Apple CarPlay most likey with Naviplus again
Duratracs and decent tracking
LED lightbar, curved 32" in upper grill, wired to switch to allow operation with highbeams
Cubby fridge
Sliders / side steps
Light tint to rears

Can you have the dtc's read? The susp switch might have had a drink spilled on it causing partial failure. They are not a troublesome item and easy to replace. Did you have a GAP IID with your D3? If so these can reprogram new keys once you have made the necessary upgrade via GAP. Stop/start issue will be logged in diagnostics, but as already said the battery might well be goosed.

The most important thing for you is service history, and I don't mean the service book. Although it helps when combined with a history file of receipts for the maintenance carried out over the years.
There is no substitute for maintenance records, and even then its a guarantee of nothing!

However, without it I would be walking away.
 yµ (idµ - eAµ) ψ=mψ

Post #212449328th Feb 2020 1:51 pm
LIAMMCL

England 2009 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4

These cars suffer badly without proper maintenance being carried out. Just find another, if the seller cant iron out these problems before selling I'd run a mile

Post #212450428th Feb 2020 3:25 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >