Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Off Topic - Humour, Rants & Pointless Posts

Threads
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Paul J.

United Kingdom 
Threads

Just received and watched a copy of the Blu-ray version (US import) of Threads; see https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Threads

I grew up not far from where the events took place, and watched this in my early teens. I recall that the press was full of related articles, including those that provided analysis of the casualties in various zones around the epicenter in Sheffield. Some of the places mentioned were very close to home. The impact of the film has lost nothing over the intervening years. Well worth investing a few quid on the DVD version!

An ex-Disco3 / FFRR owner ......

..... now on the JLR electric highway. 

Post #191861024th Feb 2018 11:23 pm
Paul J.

United Kingdom 
Wooden anniversary

Just watched Once Upon a Time in The West (again Laughing )

What a great film. Thumbs Up

“Go away, go away, I don’t want to you to see me die….”
 An ex-Disco3 / FFRR owner ......

..... now on the JLR electric highway. 

Post #23327918th Apr 2023 8:18 pm
HairyFool

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Landmark LE Auto ZanzibarDiscovery 4
Re: Threads

Paul J. wrote:
Just received and watched a copy of the Blu-ray version (US import) of Threads; see https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Threads

I grew up not far from where the events took place, and watched this in my early teens. I recall that the press was full of related articles, including those that provided analysis of the casualties in various zones around the epicenter in Sheffield. Some of the places mentioned were very close to home. The impact of the film has lost nothing over the intervening years. Well worth investing a few quid on the DVD version!

"No one ever forgets the experience of watching Threads. [...It] is arguably the most devastating piece of television ever produced. It's perfectly crafted, totally human and so completely harrowing you'll think that you'll probably never want to watch it again."(Jonathan Hatfull)

Very true and every time there is a blow up in the middle east including the Kuwait invasion to the Russian support of al Assad in Syria I remember the start of that film
 A visitor from the dark side, my other vehicle is an MG5 EV  
Post #233484127th Apr 2023 5:41 pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 

"Funny" bit in the film - they keep showing a Phantom taking off but the one shown is a 19 Squadron aircraft - and 19 Squadron were at Wildenrath in Germany at the time, not Finningley. I don't think Finningley ever had Phantoms.

Oh, and the events in the Middle East were taking place in May. So, let's hope Putin hasn't seen Threads... Shocked
 Visiting from rrsport.co.uk
2012 RRS SDV6
2008 RRS TDV8
"When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die! You don't know who's children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they were always going to have to do from the very beginning: SIT DOWN AND TALK!" 

Post #233484227th Apr 2023 6:11 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >