Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Technical (D3)

Throttle delay
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 5 of 5 <12345
Peter_OZ

Australia 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

still freaks me out, especially if a heavy vehicle is bearing down and the car is in think mode! Evil or Very Mad
 2007/8 TDV6 SE Active diff, cooler box, spotties, Alpine DVD, Hi-ICE, Premium NAV yada yada

www.petenplanes.com.au 

Post #33609025th Aug 2008 2:40 am
cdodkin

United States 2008 LR3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Chawton WhiteLR3

It's a Censored plot to stop us doing the 'rolling stop' at STOP signs.....

I wonder if it still happens when in 'SPORTS' mode on the auto box?
 08 LR3 SE V8 - 02 D2 SE7 V8
Porsche 911 (03 996) - 2013 MINI Cooper S 

Post #33609125th Aug 2008 2:47 am
Popelka

Czech Republic 

if the manual doesn't suffer from this, does this give evidence it's an issue with the auto gear box. if so I believe this gearbox is a ZF*** ( something or other) which is also used in many mainstream vehicles. Do these other manufacturers suffer from the same issues (I think not, or havent heard anything mentioned).
This all appears to be a feature that LR have introduced thru design to protect the complete engine transmission system or it's introduced in error of the design (could be from need to meet the emission requirements) either way LR should know what the issue is and know a fix (remap, reset etc) or may have to put thier hands up and state that it's a feature by design due to laws on emissions etc.
The other question that falls from this is, "does any of this reduce the life span of the components" (can it get damaged)
IF this is a big issue and nobody is getting any official response, how about during the next factory tour (August 28th) this problem is put to the tech's to haer from the people that put this S Censored together!!!! (just a thought)
 Experience is a difficult teacher, because she gives the test first and then the lesson afterwards!!!!  
Post #33609225th Aug 2008 4:41 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
nealgs

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Will add our own experience with this phenomonen too - only seems to happed when turning at a junction (usually from a fully stopped status rather than rolling stop).

Bloomin scarey when you put you foot down and nothing happens Big Cry

Delay is probably close to 2-3 seconds, and always when there is a bloomin great HGV or something coming at you Shocked

Had a '57 plate GS on loan other week, bloomin eck that shifted - mentioned it to the tech guys about it being remapped etc, but nothing had been done to it - customer services said that everyone asked the same thing about their loaners - it picked up really well, no delay experiences during the week we had it (probably not long enough to get it to happen though)

There is definately an underlying issue somewere - no increase in revs or anything, then woosh, just in the nick of time to get you out of the way of what should normally be an standard junction turn manouver.

Gary
 Gone: Java Black TDV6, Auto, HSE - yum, yum Smile
(Gone: 96' V8 ES Charleston Green, 96 V8 ES Black)
Toy: Southern Roadcraft Cobra, 383ci Chevy V8

Club - HiVis Smile
Club - Disco3.co.uk Round Stickers
Club - Disco3.co.uk External Badge 

Post #33632225th Aug 2008 8:26 pm
10forcash

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

A cures it Wink

Post #33634825th Aug 2008 9:20 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
jim_m_kidd

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Just reading the histroy on this and wondered if any of the previous posters had any sucess in solving this? I suspect that I've got the same symptoms...

2008 - V8 - HSE - Auto

Post #46764415th May 2009 12:19 pm
Big Vic

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Java BlackDiscovery 3

I have a manual D3 which takes off like a rocket, never experienced any lag like you guys. I also think auto gearbox related, either adaptive memory or slight pressure drop in torq converter after ATF / filter has been used for a while- Just my opinion
 Women are like swimming pools, very expensive for the amount of time you spend in them!  
Post #46768615th May 2009 1:31 pm
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

There is a transmission software upgrade which helps.
 Ă˘â‚¬Ĺ“There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #46771915th May 2009 2:36 pm
character

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Alaska WhiteDiscovery 3

when I had the transmission flush and recalibrated, lag went completely to this day Thumbs Up

Post #46789615th May 2009 9:59 pm
WNION

Wales 

I have an 07 manual and experience very slow throttle response, and is even worse in lo-box as when you take your foot off the accelerator the revs will not lower for another 2 to 3 seconds. Been to dealer and reply was `Thats how they are`.
 NSPR  
Post #47349728th May 2009 11:10 pm
blowpipe

England 

Unnecessary quote removed

LR are not the only ones to have this problem and dealer attitude to a dangerous issue. Wade through this thread (http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=63947) on the XC90 and you'll see some distinct similarities.

FWIW, I rate the XC90 and D3 on a par when it comes to this issue. I guess it's just a case of getting used to a diesel powering a heavy car. That said, I had a VW Tourag on hire for a couple of weeks, and it's only redeeming factor was a very powerful and responsive diesel engine - it went like a rat out of a tube Very Happy ..

Post #47383729th May 2009 6:22 pm
marko

United States 2008 LR3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Zermatt SilverLR3

remap does not help....

I complained about this very issue to my dealer - you press the gas pedal & the car does NOT downshift.. simply boggs down & resumes ramping up RPMs within the same high gear. It simply does not like to downshift. It was 'remaped' & it still does the same thing... sluggish performance + lack of desire to downshift (however overly eager to upshift & remain in low RPMs).

again, remap did nothing for it! current car is 'night & day' compared to the 07 we leased prior to buying the 08. old car would snap your neck back & go through gears like a hot knife through butter.. but not this one.

I was told I'm overly paranoid & that there is no problem with my car...

DG wrote:
Ken you may as well had got your gun out and shot him Rolling with laughter

Dirtydisco..... a very short delay is farly normal on pre2007 models ...there are two ways around it

1/ get a remap
2/ get used to it Wink

Post #48357818th Jun 2009 1:39 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 5 of 5 <12345
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >