Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

TITAN Air Jacks?
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
LT

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4
TITAN Air Jacks?

Anyone know anything about this brand of air jack? http://www.airjackusa.com/contact.htm#order
The price for four 4 ton units is $79 per unit. No idea if they would ship to the U.K.
The pictures on the website, would suggest that it would be capable of lifting a D3.
Just seems to be very cheap, but then the U.S is a much cheaper place for all auto related goods.

Post #25160227th Jan 2008 2:49 pm
stapldm

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Their web site claims 'up to 30" of lift' which is loads more than the 500mm or so we need.
Good find! The question is why that cheap?
Even if it needs mats top and bottom to prevent damage from sharp things, £40 for the bag leaves loads of money for mats and postage.
 Dr. Ian Malcolm:
"Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should."
Transgenic tomato anyone? 

Post #25169027th Jan 2008 7:19 pm
MrH

United Kingdom 

LT - good find, but check the figures, $79 is for distributors, it's $108 to the normal punter - cheap never the less Thumbs Up
 LRs are a fond memory, apart from the maintenance.  
Post #25169527th Jan 2008 7:24 pm
wolster

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Group Buy = Distributor

Distributor = Group Buy

Whistle
 What if the "Hokey Cokey" really is what it's all about?

'54 TDV6 Auto SE, Silver, Leather, HSE Wheels, Alpine Roof, Light Guards, Black Side Tubes, Tints.
Y 110 County Commercial, White, just bought it... watch this space for added bits! 

Post #25174927th Jan 2008 9:14 pm
LT

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Disconutter wrote:
LT - good find, but check the figures, $79 is for distributors, it's $108 to the normal punter - cheap never the less Thumbs Up

I did say for 4 units the price was $79 Thumbs Up
But indeed the single unit price of $108 is still cheap. Perhaps suspiciously cheap, but then the 3 ton Draper air jack (insufficient lifting height for a D3) can be bought for £38 inc. VAT.
Perhaps the TITAN is not as sturdy as the tried & tested TAKLA, but I'd be prepared to take extra care by using mats etc.
As the USA is even more of a litigious society than the U.K, I'd assume it was well tested.
I've mailed them, asking if they'll sell & ship to the U.K & if a further discount is available for 10 or more units Wink
I'll report back.

Post #25177627th Jan 2008 9:52 pm
RLD
Uncle Ray 

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Don't for get import duty + the vat and possibly an agent Whistle to which will ad money.
 Home of RLD Hidden winch mounts Spare wheel Locks Trailer Body Fabrication [email protected] D3/4 sump plates MY 14 sump plates and the Discovery Sport wheel protectors Discovery 5 wheel locks
more Helsport tents and other things for camping Law of Mechanical Repair:
"After your hands are coated with grease, your nose will begin to itch and you'll have to pee!" 

Post #25178027th Jan 2008 9:56 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

Don't put him off Ray, I'm already gearing up to supply all the bungs that will be needed 8)
 I know it's not considered "kind" to say no these days, but no. Just no, ok? And if it's not ok, still no.  
Post #25178527th Jan 2008 10:01 pm
LT

Indeed, but should still come in at under £100, surely? In which case, a bargain alternative to the more expensive competition.

Post #25178727th Jan 2008 10:01 pm
TazDaz

United Kingdom 

It does look good for the price - Maybe one of our North American members knows this product or is prepared to give it a try? Group buy should be investigated if suitable I think.

Post #25178827th Jan 2008 10:03 pm
LT

NoDo$h wrote:
Don't put him off Ray, I'm already gearing up to supply all the bungs that will be needed 8)

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Post #25179227th Jan 2008 10:07 pm
Martin Krutli

Australia 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Chawton WhiteDiscovery 3
Titan Air Jack

Slightly off topic, but when using an air Jack do you lock the vehicle in 'access' so the jack doesn't have to raise the vehicel so high? I know jacking using the normal mechanical jack is meant to be in off-road height, but it seems to make more sense to use access with an air-bag jack.
Cheers,
Martin
 MY08 TDV6 SE. White/Alpaca. BFG265/65/18 At's
Autologic, Trackside Dual Battery syst., Remote GME UHF, 4X4 Intelligence rear wheel carrier, Boab removable rear drawer system w National Luna fridge, Mitchell Bros hitch.
Rasta Plate. 110L LRA long-range fuel tank. 

Post #25186627th Jan 2008 11:18 pm
RLD
Uncle Ray 

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Not knocking it just not stand to near when inflated Rolling with laughter Thumbs Up
 Home of RLD Hidden winch mounts Spare wheel Locks Trailer Body Fabrication [email protected] D3/4 sump plates MY 14 sump plates and the Discovery Sport wheel protectors Discovery 5 wheel locks
more Helsport tents and other things for camping Law of Mechanical Repair:
"After your hands are coated with grease, your nose will begin to itch and you'll have to pee!" 

Post #25186727th Jan 2008 11:23 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
NoDo$h

Ukraine 
Re: Titan Air Jack

Martin Krutli wrote:
Slightly off topic, but when using an air Jack do you lock the vehicle in 'access' so the jack doesn't have to raise the vehicel so high? I know jacking using the normal mechanical jack is meant to be in off-road height, but it seems to make more sense to use access with an air-bag jack.
Cheers,
Martin

Doesn't work I'm afraid. If you lock it down with the engine running (as you do when using an airjack) the car detects it's lifting and boing, off it goes into offroad extended
 I know it's not considered "kind" to say no these days, but no. Just no, ok? And if it's not ok, still no.  
Post #25187827th Jan 2008 11:44 pm
LT

HELP PLEASE, for reasons that I'm not "techy" enough to explain, our server will not let me email this co.
Please could someone else try & ask them if they will sell & ship to the U.K.
Many thanks.
RLD, I totally understand your scepticism, as I'm also also very sceptical, but anything safety related sold in the USA should (in theory) be fine. Having been a partner in a car related business in California, I know how litigious it is over there.

Post #25205628th Jan 2008 2:59 pm
TazDaz

United Kingdom 

LT - I've emailed them on our behalf Thumbs Up

Post #25213728th Jan 2008 7:29 pm
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >