Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 
Updated post off road cleaning advice from LR

Quote:
Dear Colleagues,

This Administration Bulletin outlines the cautions and observations that should be followed when a vehicle is cleaned after off road use. These statements are also published in the Owner's Handbook for each vehicle:

THE EXTERIOR
Remove any heavy deposits of mud and dirt with a hose, before washing the vehicle.

Some high pressure cleaning systems are sufficiently powerful enough to penetrate suspension joints, door/window seals and damage trim and door locks. Never aim the water jet directly at any camera, the engine air intake, heater air intakes, body seals (doors, sunroof, windows, etc.) or at any components which may be damaged (lights, mirrors, exterior trim, suspension seals and gaiters, etc.).

Make sure that the pressure washer nozzle is always at a distance of more than 300 mm (12 inches) from any component of the vehicle.

Do not use a power wash system in the engine bay area.

Following cleaning of the vehicle's exterior (particularly with a pressure washer), it is recommended that the vehicle is taken for a short drive to dry out the brakes.

Substances which are corrosive, such as bird droppings, can damage the vehicle’s paintwork and should be removed as soon as possible.

Use only cleaning products approved by Jaguar Land Rover for use on vehicles

Do not apply polish to any unpainted areas of bumper mouldings. It will become ingrained in the textured finish.

UNDER BODY MAINTENANCE
Regularly flush the under body with clean water, and pay particular attention to areas where mud and debris collect.

If damage or corrosion are detected, have the vehicle checked by a Dealer/Authorised Repairer as soon as possible.

SENSORS AND CAMERAS
When washing the vehicle do not aim high pressure water jets directly at any of the sensors and cameras.

Do not use abrasive materials or hard/sharp objects to clean the sensors and cameras. Only use approved vehicle cleaning product(s).

Park assist and Parking aid sensors should be kept clean to maintain accuracy and performance.

If required, the cameras should be cleaned using a cloth moistened with a small amount of glass-cleaning product.

AFTER OFF-ROAD DRIVING
Make sure that the areas around air intakes and the front grille are clean and clear of debris. Pay particular attention to the lower grille, radiator, and intercoolers. Failure to do so, may cause the engine to overheat, leading to severe engine damage.

Make sure the vehicle's underside is cleaned as soon as possible, after driving off-road
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #128435615th May 2014 1:01 am
DiscoDunc

England 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

no advice on "how to" remove the clay/concrete from the radiators and intercooler though !! Rolling Eyes

I would have thought that would be one of the first things they should advise. Make sure these are cleaned asap ideally as soon as you get home, or you'll end up with an intercooler that looks like a concrete block
 Duncan
-----------------------------------------------------
If I'd known I was going to be so thirsty this morning I'd have drunk more beer last night.
FFRR Autobiography 4.4 SDV8 MY17
D4 HSE MY13 SOLD
FFRR 3.6 Vogue TDV8 SOLD
D4 HSE MY10 SOLD
D4 SE TECH MY15 SOLD
D4 XS MY12 SOLD
D4 HSE MY10 SOLD
D3 HSE MY06 - Re-Cycled Worldwide 

Post #128443715th May 2014 9:55 am
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

Although not specific about clay or concrete (mind asks why Dunc is driving through concrete Shocked Laughing ) ...they do give general advice here.

Quote:
AFTER OFF-ROAD DRIVING
Make sure that the areas around air intakes and the front grille are clean and clear of debris. Pay particular attention to the lower grille, radiator, and intercoolers. Failure to do so, may cause the engine to overheat, leading to severe engine damage.
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #128444115th May 2014 10:11 am
DiscoDunc

England 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

well that Salisbury/Wiltshire mud, clay and flint turns to a Concrete like substance when it dries out.

everything else can be cleaned at a leisurely pace, but the intercooler specifically needs cleaning immedeatly.

I already read the general advice that you kindly quoted again Thumbs Up , but the advice doesn't stress the importance or how to clean it sufficiently.
 Duncan
-----------------------------------------------------
If I'd known I was going to be so thirsty this morning I'd have drunk more beer last night.
FFRR Autobiography 4.4 SDV8 MY17
D4 HSE MY13 SOLD
FFRR 3.6 Vogue TDV8 SOLD
D4 HSE MY10 SOLD
D4 SE TECH MY15 SOLD
D4 XS MY12 SOLD
D4 HSE MY10 SOLD
D3 HSE MY06 - Re-Cycled Worldwide 

Post #128444315th May 2014 10:18 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: