DISCO4.COM > General (D4)

Landrover approved car
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
jd10

United Kingdom 
Landrover approved car

Hello all,
question, if I guy a Landrover Approved car from a dealer, that comes with a 2 year warranty, does that mean I can get it repaired any my local dealer, or do I have to take it back to where I purchased it from?

Post #152752610th Sep 2015 11:24 pm
galwaygreen

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Graphite LE Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

think your dealer would sort claims against warranty as for service not sure

Post #152754811th Sep 2015 12:35 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

If its an LR approved warranty then you should be able to go to anther dealer without penalty Smile
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #152754911th Sep 2015 12:37 am
galwaygreen

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Graphite LE Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

any lr dealer...you may break down miles from home...think it also covers foreign...as for service in the warranty others may know better...ie can you use an indie

Post #152755011th Sep 2015 12:41 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
LandPhil

United Kingdom 

Your warranty will be honoured by any LR Main Dealer - I had the misfortune to need it with a RRS I bought which caused many problems before being taken back by the supplying dealer and replaced.

As for servicing, using an indie would not affect your warranty providing you could prove that they followed LR procedures to the letter and used only approved parts and materials. Seems simple but isn't and you could have difficulty with a claim and most certainly it would make life harder. Also following the expiry of your warranty if you asked LR for a contribution for a big repair they would not consider a contribution if you have left the fold.
 FFRR Westminster TDV8
D4 HSE MY12 Aintree Green. Great car
RRS HSE Lux MY11 Stornoway Grey
Freelander2 SD4 HSE-Best car I have ever owned. 

Post #152758811th Sep 2015 8:24 am
PJHUM

United Kingdom 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Firenze RedDiscovery 4

Any main Dealer, or an independent if pre-authorised by ringing up it says in the booklet they send you.

When abroad similar, but no need to pre authorise for non-dealer repair though reimbursement then limited to equivalent UK dealer job cost.

One of the main reasons I just bought an approved one rather than saving cash privately.

Oh, and if there's any of the original warranty left you obviously get that- the level 'drops' to the used warranty for the remainder of the 2 years from purchase.

IMHO most aftermarket (insurance based) warranties are so full of exclusions as to be worthless.

A friend of mine bought an Audi A4 2 litre diesel trade in from a non-Audi main dealer (the country's biggest dealer chain...) who gave him 24 months 'comprehensive' in house warranty.

When an injector failed after 6 months, burnt the end off a glowplug then it put a leg out of bed they refused to pay up- claimed it was the glowplug's fault (despite an injector test showing it was not atomising properly)- as glowplugs are a service part!

Banging Head

Peter

Post #153005715th Sep 2015 8:11 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >