Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Technical (D3)

Automatic central locking - i.e auto lock after unlock?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
kayble

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Java BlackDiscovery 3
Automatic central locking - i.e auto lock after unlock?

Came out to my car this morning to find glovebox open and my ashtray insert (unused) on driver's seat. I *think* I must have left the car unlocked overnight after parking up and someone's had a snoop around - happily nothing is missing or damaged.

My wife's Kia has an automatic lock feature - whereby the car will lock up a short period after having been unlocked by the key-fob(for example if you were to unlock the car accidentally); not sure if this also happens after a journey, but would assume so.

Is there a similar feature in the D3? I already have the auto-lock when underway feature enabled - but its the re-lock after a period following unlock that I'm interested in.

Cheers!

Last edited by kayble on 20th Apr 2016 11:42 am. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #164319820th Apr 2016 11:37 am
Woolmeister

Ukraine 

The doors will only automatically lock within a minute of being unlocked if you don't open a door during that time (for example if you accidentally unlock using the fob but then don't open a door).

I'm not sure any cars have the ability to automatically lock when parked, after a journey! Laughing

Probably worth checking that your door latches all lock correctly; they are particularly prone to failure on these cars. I've replaced two so far. That said, your alarm should have gone off if a door was opened when locked. Confused

Steve
 2021 BMW iX3 Premier Edition in Carbon Black ⚡️🔌
2019 Škoda Kodiaq 2.0 Tdi 190 DSG Sportline in Quartz Grey. Excellent vehicle. Gone.
2017 Discovery Sport HSE Auto in Carpathian Grey and Ebony Leather. Modern JLR Junk. Gone.
2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual in Zermatt Silver with Ebony Cloth (143k) Gone, but now patrolling the Asia section of the West Midlands Safari Park! 

Post #164320020th Apr 2016 11:41 am
kayble

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Java BlackDiscovery 3

That's the thing - all locks/latches work properly - I must simply have left it unlocked after my day's motoring. But, I was wondering if - having left all the doors and tailgate closed and simply walking away from the car (as I assume was the case) - I could then enable a feature for the car to lock up, on the basis that I have left it unattended/insecure.

I guess not?

Post #164320520th Apr 2016 11:48 am
HughMartin

Scotland 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

This could only work effectively if the car could sense the keys were not in the car (keyless entry). You wouldn't want to walk away from the car having left the keys out of the ignition but still in the car and it then self-locking.

Post #164320720th Apr 2016 11:51 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >