Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General (D4)

P080 - Recall - Crankshaft Position Signal Issue
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 6 <123456>
fisherman

Wales 

So I took mine into Stratstone at Hainault (Now Grange) yesterday and they didn't have a loaner for me. It stated clearly on the paperwork that I'd requested one but they hadn't ticked the box. I explained that I didn't want dropping to the station and that only a car would do. I drove out with a Jag XE R Sport manual. It's ok but not a D4. I then got a call to say they didn't have the parts to do the job and would keep the car overnight. Twisted Evil
Today I have called them three times and been told they will call back but they haven't.
I'm just going to drop my mum home and then I'll drive up there as I towing my caravan tomorrow and the little Jag might break under 2.5 tonnes of caravan!
To be continued!
 FFRR 2017 4.4SDV8 Autobiography. Cost so much I must be mad!
D4 HSE 2012 Like a second wife, more expensive but goes better! I almost cried this time!
D3 HSE 2006 (Almost 8 years together, true love)
Land Cruiser VX 1994 11 years together, wife cried when I p/ex'd for my D3 

Post #168274520th Jul 2016 3:54 pm
fisherman

Wales 

Guess what, parts didn't arrive!
What a bunch of utter Censored
I'm now collecting my car at 10:00am tomorrow because I need to leave at 11:00am from home with the van as we're meeting friends on route. The guy told me the parts are on back order with LR and he doesn't know when they'll arrive and then tells me it will definitely be done by 10:00 tomorrow. I think I'll take my pimpstick just in case.
D4 HSE 2012 Like a second wife, more expensive but goes better! I almost cried this time!

Post #168275120th Jul 2016 4:34 pm
Billy B

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Hi all,

Just taken my D4 in.

Talking to the service guy, informs me that they are very very busy with recalls for the crankshaft sensor and it's not just the discovery so. Parts from manufacture have dried up and could present a big delay in the next few weeks. Mine was apparently set aside when I booked it in. Gave me a shiny brand new Discvery Sport to play with"..........

Billy B
 Nothing is foolproof as the ingenuity of fools is endless.

2012 Discovery 4 HSE Luxury 

Post #168300521st Jul 2016 11:14 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
fisherman

Wales 

On my way to collect the D4 this morning and received a call from the guy dealing with the work. He said he had received the parts late so wouldn't have time to do my car and to rebook it once I return from my holidays in September. Not a difficult job to inform a customer before they arrive for the job to be done, to tell them the parts hadn't arrived and they would rebook once they had. Nor was it difficult to have a car waiting having requested as such. Seems they always fall down on the really simple stuff and then try to lie their way out of the cr@p they've got themselves in. It really isn't hard to get right.

Post #168306621st Jul 2016 1:08 pm
Billy B

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Hi All,

Seems like this is catching. Phoned the dealers at 4.00pm. Guess what job not completed. Not gone to plan was the only explanation. Will be ready in the morning. I then pointed out that like you Fisherman, I was going on holiday Saturday towing the tin tent. Explained that If not completed on Friday then I would require a car bigger than the sport they had lent me complete with anew number plate for the van and of course it must be an automatic, things went very quiet for a few moments, I was then assured that mine would be ready. I,ll wait in anticipation???

Billy B

Post #168313721st Jul 2016 5:12 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Windy Corner

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Baltic BlueDiscovery 4

Hmmmm....

Will definitely call before I travel when mine goes in on the 12th August

Keep us all updated everyone

Rik
 Discovery 4 HSE SDV6 Baltic Blue
Discovery 3 S TDV6 Zambezi Silver - Now gone........
Leicestershire & Rutland 4x4 Response 

Post #168330422nd Jul 2016 8:07 am
Treetrimmer

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Siberian SilverDiscovery 4

Our one went into a main dealer in Essex, and although it took all day, it was done on the day, as planned. It was also washed and valeted.
On the way home, I noticed it changed into top gear at about ???, (just a bit over 70) with the revs dropping down to 2,000.
I've never noticed this before, so I wonder if any software was updated at the same time?
Anyway, at least one happy customer.

Post #168330622nd Jul 2016 8:24 am
discoteca

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Tech Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Without wishing to be disrespectful to any earlier posts, my distrust of dealers is such that I've never let anyone do anything to any of the vehicles I've owned within a 2 week window of going away with the tintent. Not even a simple minor service.

If the vehicle is running well, the risk of them messing something up, forgetting to put something back or simply making it worse than it was before it went in and therefore ruining a holiday is simply too great.

If a service is needed close to when I'm due to go away I make sure I've had the car back for a fortnight before I go, so anything they Censored up can be sorted.

Of course I realise that if something is already broken then you may well not have any choice, but if it isn't personally I wouldn't take the risk so close to going away.

Post #168330822nd Jul 2016 8:29 am
Billy B

Well it's all gone horrible wrong today. New sensor fitted but unable to get the car to start, they have been working on it all day and they really have seen all the emails that have been going back and forth with LR and Hunters regarding the position of the sensor the location of the external wire the correct line up of the sighting lugs etc. Etc. But to no avail. Seem like they have got to change the other bit .Then there was the problem of locating another vehicle that is fitted with a tow bar, apparently very hard to find as there insurance company do not like giving people the option to tow with LR Assist loan cars(or is that just bull Censored) Still in the final moments a solution was found A very large brilliant white 16 plated Defender.........magic that will do says I and what about a free service when mine is due later this year.......... That's pending. Anyway at least I will be able to tow the tin tent tomorrow. Will be leaving a little later as I have to give them their Discovert Sport back. Not sorry about that though. My mate had his Range Rover Vogue in at the same time today with a similar recall on the crank shaft sensor and his is fine. So that's the way the cookie crumbles so to speak".........

Post #168352422nd Jul 2016 7:44 pm
Someone-Gone

United Kingdom 

Well your lucky. Mine was done the end of last year, went wrong just before Christmas, an awkward time. I was without the car for three weeks.

I had been in touch with LRCS and indeed quite a bit further up the food chain in JLR. I got the car repaired, because I purchased and had it maintained from new by the main dealer and it was only just out of warranty, but as was pointed out quite bluntly, it doesn't include a curtesy car whilst mine was off the road.

So whilst I applaud you telling this and that to the dealer, I think you were lucky not to be told to sling your hook, let alone fishing for a free service. Whistle

Post #168353422nd Jul 2016 8:08 pm
Mr.Pastry

Wales 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

I have downloaded hundreds of technical service bulletins from Topix.

Here's LTB00680 Whistle

http://www.disco3.co.uk/gallery/albums/use...B00680.doc
 Mitsubishi Outlander Phev 4H 2018.
Mitsubishi Outlander Phev 4H 2015 - gone.
Discovery 4 HSE - gone.
Discovery 3 S - gone.
Discovery 3 - gone.
Discovery 1 - gone.
Defender 90 300TDI - gone.
Defender 90 200TDI - gone.
Landrover 90 19J - gone.
Argocat 8x8 - gone.
Argocat 6x6 - gone
RR/LR V8 Hybrid 100" - gone.
Rangerover Classic 3.5 - gone.
Series III 2.25- gone.
Series IIa 3.0V6- gone.
Series I - 80" gone. 

Post #168354422nd Jul 2016 8:29 pm
Billy B

Mr pastry,

Mines a SD V6 might be a difference

Billy B

Post #168355322nd Jul 2016 8:51 pm
robpenrose

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

Same engine without a DPF

Current: D4 HSE
Previous: BMW Z4M Coupe
Previous: Land Rover Defender 90 CSW Td5
Previous: Land Rover Discovery Td5 ES 

Post #168355422nd Jul 2016 8:56 pm
Someone-Gone

United Kingdom 

Mine was a SDV6 Crying or Very sad

Post #168355722nd Jul 2016 9:08 pm
robpenrose

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

I was just saying the TSB refers to the 3.0 tdv6, but includes all Vin ranges tdv6 & sdv6, so they probably will all be the same if in the vin range. Don't think it will matter if badged a TDV6 or SDV6.

To be honest, the whole thing is clear as mud!

I have a 2010 which is in the TSB vin list, but not the recall.

Does than mean mine might fail, or no more chance than say a D3 or MY14 etc.

When I spoke to Guava about it, they said the reason you need to change the ring with the Sensor is because they changed the design (or something) and they are not compatible. You can get around changing the ring if you find an old type sensor to put back in.

No idea if it's true or not. Haven't seen different part numbers or designs etc

Current: D4 HSE
Previous: BMW Z4M Coupe
Previous: Land Rover Defender 90 CSW Td5
Previous: Land Rover Discovery Td5 ES 

Post #168356222nd Jul 2016 9:19 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 6 <123456>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >