Postal Delays
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3
Postal Delays

Hi all

Due to the strike action affecting the Censored Mail, shipping of DISCO3 Shop orders will be delayed until Wednesday October 10th (next Wednesday). Any orders placed before then will be made up ready to send out on that date.

Helpfully, the advice from RM is:

# Do not post on strike days
# Do not delay postings until after strike days, as it is likely to take some time to clear the backlog of mail

So when exactly do I post stuff I want to send out during the strike then? IDIOTS!
 06 D3 SE / 15 LR D90 XS SW / 88 LR 90 Td5 / 68 BMW 2000 ti
Any issues with the site let me know! 

Post #2114294th Oct 2007 8:51 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

Up the workers !! Thumbs Up
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #2114374th Oct 2007 9:21 am
blue meanie
D3 Decade 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

up the workers what ? Shocked
 and theeeeennn......???  
Post #2114394th Oct 2007 9:23 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
NoDo$h

Ukraine 

Right up their Whistle
 I know it's not considered "kind" to say no these days, but no. Just no, ok? And if it's not ok, still no.  
Post #2114464th Oct 2007 9:56 am
DiscoStu

England 

Stick it to them, brothers! Wink
 Disco 5 HSE Lux
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peyiqaJrmMU 

Post #2114584th Oct 2007 11:48 am
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

It's amazing, they're striking because there are cost pressures within the business & they want to protect their income, yet the very act of causing 6 days of turmoil, will cause customers to switch to the newer postal services around TNT & DHL are looking like entering the fray as well.
This in turn, will cause more cost shortages as people switch to more reliable services....

Do the Unions not get it.....? Or is it just me in my ivory tower.......?
 Bodsys Brake Bible

D4/D3 Remote FBH heat kits
BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush
Software updates/enabling

Clock/ SNOTM /3Flash / 4x4Info /BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes / Gearbox Reset
See It Here 

Post #2114734th Oct 2007 12:54 pm
simon

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

This has always confused me about unions too Bods.

Also the fact that when a company has to lay off people due to closing offices / factories / etc in order to stay in business, the unions go on strike to save the jobs like its their members god given right to have a job for EVER Shocked

Rolling Eyes

Pay is another...

"sorry people we are not making enough to give you more pay next year"

Union response...

"OK, we will strike until you are forced into giving our members their rightful pay increase"

For areas such as teaching and nursing etc, where the majority work their butts off, I can completely agree to the unions going on strike in order to get their members a fairer deal.

This could turn in to an anti / pro union thread soon Whistle

Post #2114754th Oct 2007 1:01 pm
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

I just can't get my head round the pay bits. PO losing money through poor management & union positioning, so let's have another strike....

Scenario 1. On another contentious linked issue, hypothetically, what would happen if LR decided to close down Gaydon & move to Poland or Tunisia. Aside from potential government intervention, they'd probably all strike. Would that be the right or the wrong thing to do?

Scenario 2. LR are losing so much money, but they have great products, in order to survive, they have to close Liverpool & combine workforce at Gaydon, but reduce staff level by a third. They'd probably still all strike? but perhaps mean that more than 1/3 of people need to lose their jobs.

Jobs for life......? People and companies need to change & it's those that don't change that hold back industry and cause companies (and governments) to decline

My ivory tower beckons responses......
 Bodsys Brake Bible

BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush

Clock/ SNOTM /3Flash / 4x4Info /BT Update /Service Reset/Error Codes / Gearbox Reset
See It Here 

Post #2114764th Oct 2007 1:09 pm
simon

Bodsy... can you see me waiving at you from mine across the valley ??

Post #2114784th Oct 2007 1:11 pm
Bodsy
Site Sponsor 

Thumbs Up Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter
 Bodsys Brake Bible

BAS Remaps/ EGR Blank
Transmission Flush

See It Here 

Post #2114804th Oct 2007 1:12 pm
JMC

Scotland 

There are only two things wrong with the UK Postal Service:

1. Employee Public Sector Mentality
2. Management Public Sector Mentality

Not unlike most of our politicians who simply don't have enough mentality to stay in the public sector roles in the first place Rolling Eyes

Personally, I believe that true public service (inc politics) is something that should be earned and respected, and should only be entered into by invitation after a positive stint in the real world of the private sector. Shocked

Maggie would have given them hell........... I doubt Gordon has the balls for it Laughing
 The older I get, the more I realise that people confuse wrinkles for wisdom Smile
Founder member of Club FFRRV
Club Orange, Mint or Fruit
Club Walnut Sniffers

Post #2114994th Oct 2007 1:50 pm
simon

So thats three towers then... those elephants are going to be running scared protecting their tusks Rolling with laughter

Post #2115014th Oct 2007 1:56 pm
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

The Post Offices days are numbered IMHO but it is the role of the union to get the best pay and T's&C's for their members. Unions do recognise the shifting nature of any sector and want to work with the employer to lessen the impact of this not only on the employee but also the employer. They will not however accept the driving through of low pay deals and major T&C changes at the drop of a hat while management continue to earn large bonus's for poor performance. A strike represents failiure by all parties ...'ALL' being the operative word here. Wink
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #2115064th Oct 2007 2:04 pm
craig

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Manual Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

simon wrote:
For areas such as teaching and nursing etc, where the majority work their butts off, I can completely agree to the unions going on strike in order to get their members a fairer deal.

Tend to agree here Simon - however for teaching they have an assured cost of living increase (linked to inflation) and then the unions expect for the staff, if they have hit certain performance related targets, to get another increase onwards and upwards the scale.
Now i don't have a major problem with this - apart from the targets are massaged (downwards) by head teachers and the government. Rolling Eyes
They're massaged to ensure the schools are ranked well in performance league tables and also if they are performing well, then the government/LEA doesn't need to expend anymore on improving performance.

Last year i didn't get a payrise and yet last year i worked my ass off (hit targets that people thought were virtually impossible) and yet i had to sit on the personnel committee for my local school and ensure that some "mediocre" teachers got money for basically turning up.... end'eth the sermon.

Post #2115184th Oct 2007 2:53 pm
JMC

Scotland 

Anyone who feels the need to complain and strike about pay, T&C's etc should be forced to go self-employed and contract themselves to their ex-employer now 'customer'. Then they'd see where their bread is was buttered. Yawn

And yes Simon, here's my wave to you and Bods from the next valley over the wall....... Laughing
 The older I get, the more I realise that people confuse wrinkles for wisdom Smile
Founder member of Club FFRRV
Club Orange, Mint or Fruit
Club Walnut Sniffers

Post #2115404th Oct 2007 3:12 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >