Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Radiator bolts...changed intercooler...Aircon condenser next
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
mek

Switzerland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 5 Seat Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3
Radiator bolts...changed intercooler...Aircon condenser next

9 hours it took me, 9 bleeding hours to change the Intercooler! I had to drill a few screws/bolts off my '06 in my defence.

So today, whilst driving a car which performs better than the day I bought it I realise that I can't remember tightening up the radiator mounting bolts. Fail...

Can I access these without removing the bumper again?

My next job will be to change the aircon condenser for a new one from AF. Will this give me an opportunity to access these bolts?

Thanks,

Andy

PS. I also fitted new hoses to the intercooler. I've read horror stories about fitting the short step-down hose. What's the best advice on fitting this section of the pipework? I don't really want to spend 4 hours fitting it

Post #18017619th Apr 2017 7:22 pm
kayble

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Java BlackDiscovery 3

When I changed the radiator on my car, I acutally didn't bother with replacing the right side radiator bolt (when viewed from the front of the car).

The left side bolt can be accessed with extensions from above, but the right side cannot. That said, the radiator sits on stubby mounting points protruding from the chassis legs, and I judged with the one accessible bolt installed, plus the hoses and the rest of the induction gear installed, the radiator wasn't going anywhere.

Co-incidentally, this made changing the aircon condenser much easier - I simpy unded the accessible bolt from above and manouvered the radiator off its mounts, backward slighltly toward the engine block - which gave enough access to get the condenser out without needing to move the front panel.Basically like this:

Click image to enlarge

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green

Post #180384115th Apr 2017 1:16 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >