DISCO4.COM > General (D4)

Charging System Fault/B11DB-87(2F) ???
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Stilltripping69

United Kingdom 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS Auto Ipanema SandDiscovery 4
Charging System Fault/B11DB-87(2F) ???

Evening All

I can really do with some help from you guys/girls as I'm starting to give up with this fault!!! I have already posted about this problem on here and Discovery 3 & 4 owners on Facebook and have tried all your advice without success. Let me start the story from the beginning for those of you who have not read it.

My 2010 D4 started having battery issues over the past 3 months which is understandable with a 6.5 year old OM battery so I took it to Halfords to change the battery (I know 1st mistake as I've now been told). I paid £189 for their "lifetime guarantee " super duper black battery. As soon as they changed my old battery and reconnected my new battery a had a "charging system fault" message come up. I told the chap about this and he tested the alternator and informed me everything was working fine so I left thinking it might reset the message overnight. As you can engine it didn't hence the post. I then was told to check the battery monitoring plug on the negative terminal which i did and it wasn't plugged in fully. I pushed it in fully and everything went back to normal for a couple of days but the same message appeared again after a couple of days.

I then inspected thebattery monitoring plug wires carefully and noticed a small nick in two
of the two wires. I then cut out the nick and connected the water back up with a cable connector (chocolate box) and again the message disappeared for a few days but reappeared again.

I was then told by some of you fine folk to reset the BMS so I just bought a IIDTool BT from the group buy and registered it, connected it and read the entire 186 odd page manual. First thing I done was to check and clear the faults, managed to clear all the faults bar B11DB-87(2F) Battery Monitoring Module.

I them went into the service/test menu, BCM - Body Control, battery replacement section and proceeded with that routine but still the dreaded message remains???

On a positive note I managed to activate my fuel burning heater and 4 x 4 information screen Very Happy

Could someone please let me know if I missed a trick or not done or understood the advice correctly as its starting to irritate(putting it politely) to no end?

I have attached some photos FYI?

Thank you in advance

Peter

Post #18346697th Jul 2017 10:06 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >