Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Wheels & Tyres

Davanti Terratoura
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
AdamB

England 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4
Davanti Terratoura

Just interested to hear if anyone has any experience of these? Had a set fitted to my new to me D4, the shop had inflated them over standard pressure and I was getting a bit iof vibration at around 25mph. Dropped to standard pressures and they were much better, have gone down again to 30/33 which is probably a little soft but was just looking to confirm that the tyre pressure was having an effect and it wasn't something mechanical.

They are fairly aggressive looking so perhaps it's to be expected.

Post #235414326th Nov 2023 9:58 pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 

From pictures, they appear to be similarly "aggressive" to the Grabber AT3 which doesn't cause vibrations at standard and higher pressures.

I'd start by getting the balance checked and adjusted as out-of-balance tyres will cause vibrations as you describe.
 Visiting from rrsport.co.uk
2012 RRS SDV6
2008 RRS TDV8
"When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die! You don't know who's children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they were always going to have to do from the very beginning: SIT DOWN AND TALK!" 

Post #235416627th Nov 2023 9:06 am
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

Edd Cobley is the brand ambassador, so they will have certainly been put through the paces.

https://www.facebook.com/reel/740395984779150

21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #235424027th Nov 2023 6:55 pm
pwheeldon

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

I'm going to need some new tyre soon, so I'm now taking these may be an option. Can you let me know how you get on with them?
 Discovery 4 GS 2009 Auto Stornoway Grey
Discovery 3 s 2005 Auto Bonatti Grey Gone
Discovery 3 SE 2005 Manual Zambezi Silver Gone
Range Rover Sport HSE 2006 Black
Aston Martin DB7 VV 

Post #235424927th Nov 2023 7:45 pm
AdamB

Had them rebalanced elsewhere, they were apparently quite a bit out. It has made a noticeable difference at higher speeds but still have it around 25mph so have some investigating to do. I suspect it's prop shaft or drivetrain related which is really odd as it was perfect when I picked it up but that's discoveries for you I guess.

On the tyre front hard to say while I have the other issue to sort but so far so good. They are a bit noisier than than the road tyres that came off it but that's to be expected. I like the look of them (yes even the white lettering though I think you can get them without), they appear to behave fine on the road. I was attracted but the fact the are three peaks rated and the fact that they look like they should do just fine with some light laning.

Post #235443029th Nov 2023 9:27 pm
dimet

Spain 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Hi, Adam!

I'm looking for a set of Terratoura AT or Toyo Open Country AT3... Not decided yet.

I come from a set of Grabber AT2. They've worked fine for me for a long time.
They were a bit fluffier when cornering in highways, compared with the road tires, but not bad.
Quite good on snow and slight flooded road.
They got a bit damaged on the sidewalls (sharp rocks in the Land Rover Party), but they survived until the end of the tread life.
Just a bit noisy when new about 60km/h (37mph) -not annoying-.

There's almost no feedback about the Terratoura on the net...
Do you have any news about them?

I'm looking for something similar to my old Grabber AT2, still good on the road, but better on mud, snow and rocks. The AT3 seem to me to much asphaltic...

In your oppinion, may I try the Terratoura?

Thanks!!!

Post #23547452nd Dec 2023 2:56 pm
AdamB

I don't have anything negative to say about them but I've not had enough time to really say either way sorry. They aren't excessively loud in my opinion, yes road only tyres will be quieter but that's a given.

I don't drive hard so haven't found the limits of them but I haven't felt at any point that there's anything to cause concern.

For the price I think there's a good chance that they're a good deal, at this point nothing is making feel I've made a mistake in buying them, I just need to get to the bottom of a vibration which I don't think it's tyre related but I can't rule it our at this point. I will update the threads I've mentioned it in once it's sorted.

Post #23547922nd Dec 2023 10:40 pm
dimet

Spain 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Hi!

I finally chose the Toyo Open Country AT3. I was doubting between the Terratoura and the Open Country, but then there was no stock of Terratoura's and that was decisive...

They don't look as aggresive as in the web, but I like them.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

By now, only tested on dry road. Really good feeling, both on higway and on curvy mountain road! I didn't look for their limits, but they feel very direct, and the previous "floating" feeling disappeared. It's like having a new Disco!

We went skiing and on a short, but snow covered parking ramp, the Disco climbed as if there was no snow on it!

Now I'm expecting for future snowy days, 4x4 muddy (not extreme) tracks, with illusion!!!

Thanks for your attention!!!

Post #235940919th Jan 2024 2:31 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >