Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Off Topic - Humour, Rants & Pointless Posts

Defies reasonable logic
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Batfink

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3
Defies reasonable logic

I’m currently looking for a new car to replace my Civic. Just haven’t gelled with it so decided to go for something that makes fuel explode rather than just compress it. Looking at a Ford Focus ST.

Have looked at a few already and lost for words that a couple claimed to be well looked after yet were covered in little dinks down both sides and poor paintwork but the worst bit is they were wearing cheap budget tyres ie Landsail and Hifly. Kind of negates the well looked after as you do find yourself asking what else have they skimped on? Last thing I want on a 225bhp performance car is cheap rubber!
 2006 TdV6 HSE.  
Post #210050618th Nov 2019 6:40 pm
lynalldiscovery

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Metropolis LE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Just imagine how it has been driven!
Then think how many times has it been borrowed Shocked

Post #210053518th Nov 2019 8:29 pm
Batfink

Exactly and even scarier to think someone less knowledgable will buy it and hopefully not but may discover at the wrong time cheap rubber is a no no.
 2006 TdV6 HSE.  
Post #210054218th Nov 2019 8:47 pm
lynalldiscovery

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Metropolis LE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

What about a sleeper? one of the big old mercs or the same on the bmws, e500 petrol v8/530 diesel, cheap and no one wants to nick them!

Post #210058218th Nov 2019 10:31 pm
Batfink

Have had a couple of them. Had a 2005 Audi S4 with the V8 which sounded lovely especially after fitting a non res Milltek and gutted the pre cats and followed with a remapped 530d E61 which was mega quick but really left me feeling empty after driving. Got more enjoyment out of the Mondeo that followed it.

Must be the Essex in me wanting the Focus ST. Would really love a lime green RS but beyond my budget.

The wife can’t moan as am also slowly convincing her she needs a new car too. She loves the Audi A1 and they have started to come into our price range second hand now.

Only looking at spending about £4,500 or there about a on each so not expecting brand new condition but no rush so can be a bit picky.

I was just lucky with my Disco as just stumbled across it. Originally was going to get another Shogun and my neighbour bought a D3 and I was sold 👍
 2006 TdV6 HSE.  
Post #210058918th Nov 2019 10:46 pm
astonbuilder

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Thing with ST‘s (Focus also, but especially Fiesta) is that about three years ago Ford were pushing really cheap PCP schemes and lots of Ford, Aston and JLR employees took one under their own Ford affiliated even cheaper schemes. My lad had one for two year deal and the interest cost over two years was almost nil. They were cheap as chips and our employee car parks were awash with them.

They are a hoot to drive so can’t be surprised they get used as designed???

As to tyres the hand back condition is basically ‘black and round with tread on’ so given a typical, ‘well used’ 2 year car is likely on 3rd set of fronts and possibly even 2nd set of rears at hand back time you get what you saw? My son got 9-10k out of fronts and 20k on rears so he was on 3rd set of fronts and 2nd set of rears at 20k which coincided with return point. He didn’t spend a fortune on those sets.......

He also looked after his car and would have kept it but the final value was a silly number to pay, don’t know of a single person that kept an ST model at the end of the deal

Post #210060018th Nov 2019 11:21 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >