Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Technical (D3)

Suspension not level, will not calibrate
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
L19MUD

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3
Suspension not level, will not calibrate

Hi all. New to this forum but not new to Land Rovers and am normally found on LR4x4 or the Fullfat site. I have just bought a 2006 D3 SE with 210k miles on it with a few faults and have been working through with this site as a great resource to help me

Completed so far

EGR fault resolved by replacing pass side valve
Turbo actuator fault resolved by freeing off actuator

I then moved onto the suspension as it was sitting on the bump stops. I had lots of faults so cleared them out and came back with the two rear height sensors. I fitted these and she rose up albeit not level front to back or left to right.

I don't have the ID tool but have a high spec Launch x431 Euro pad which I think can do most of what the ID tool can do. I tried to calibrate the suspension a few times and received different errors, either measurements incorrect, cross link could not be opened or application failed.

I then decided to check all 6 valves were operating so set the diagnostics to repeatedly open and close each one in turn. There rear cross link was stuck but freed with a gentle tap to the casing. The front cross link would not operate so I bench tested and it worked. I ended up tracing this fault to a wiring break in the left hand side wheel arch near the three big connectors there. At this point I have tried to calibrate again, it will let me enter all the heights but keeps failing

When out of calibration mode it will go into all 3 height modes from the switch. In normal mode the rear is sitting where I would expect off road height to be, front right is roughly ok and front left where I would expect access mode to be.

What can I test/try next? Check the sweep of the height sensors using the diagnostics? What sort of readings should look normal for the height via the diagnostics in normal mode? Replace the front height sensors?

Thanks

Sam

Post #23259809th Feb 2023 10:26 am
Jamiehol

United Kingdom 

I’ve shared these with Sam directly but in case anyone is looking in the future here are the height sensor voltage readings from my D3 in all three height settings, Access, Normal, Off-road.

Access Height

Standard Height

Off-road Height

Post #232609410th Feb 2023 9:41 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >