Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Faults & Fixes (D4)

Blown Transmission Fuse (Fuse 30E)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
brodell

United States 
Blown Transmission Fuse (Fuse 30E)

So a couple of weeks ago my 2016 LR4 became a giant brick in my drive way. Upon trying to start the vehicle, I get the "Gearbox not in park" warning message upon many other systems not being available. I tried replacing the GSM with a refurbished one off of Ebay with no luck. Upon further inspection, I noticed that Fuse F30 (Automatic Transmission 10Amp) is blown. I replaced that and immediately it blew. So I am guessing I have a short somewhere?

I should add when I started down the repair process I did notice the dreaded sunroof drain line leak issue and flooded passenger foot-well area. I replaced the drain line elbow, drained/air dried everything out. So wondering if maybe that was the culprit that started the issue above?

I've currently got the CJB still unplugged, the ECM (or is it TCM?, silver box behind battery) unplugged and quite a few other connections near the CJB unplugged and the fuse (F30) is still blowing/shorting out. Where should I be looking to track down this electrical short? Could a fault such as a bad solenoid in the transmission be causing this? Any other ideas? Could this be a starter/solenoid issue? I'm not the best when it comes to tracking down electrical issues. Any help and guidance would be much appreciated!

Post #233142426th Mar 2023 10:06 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >