Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Technical (D3)

Air suspension compressor issue
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Discokev87

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Galway GreenDiscovery 3
Air suspension compressor issue

Hi all, I need some help before I get carried away and order all new parts.

So my issue is I fitted a easy lift kit to go with my roof tent and after playing with a few setting and then driving it for a few days i suddenly had a amber suspension light and a fault message stating raising suspension slowly after this I shut the car off allowed the compressor to cool for a number of hours got in the car and in less than a minute I got amber light and normal height only. So I removed the east lift kit and after a few weeks I still have the same issue start the car under a minute and the fault is there when I plugged it in it’s saying the compressor is over heating. Car has sat stationary for a week in wich time the battery drained itself but the car sat at correct height the whole time. I disconnected the battery and gave it a full 16 hour charge refitted and fitted the east lift and same issue. I replaced the compressor in jan 2021 but was only a amk style from eBay.
Could the compressor be faulty and that’s why the fault instantly comes on or do I need to do some checks of other things first.

Thanks in advance

Post #233742822nd May 2023 5:18 pm
loanrangie

Australia 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

I would say its a coincidence since you have been playing with your new toy and now you need to service your compressor.

Post #233745723rd May 2023 3:17 am
protohyp

United States 2007 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Java BlackLR3
Re: Air suspension compressor issue

Discokev87 wrote:
Hi all, I need some help before I get carried away and order all new parts.

So my issue is I fitted a easy lift kit to go with my roof tent and after playing with a few setting and then driving it for a few days i suddenly had a amber suspension light and a fault message stating raising suspension slowly after this I shut the car off allowed the compressor to cool for a number of hours got in the car and in less than a minute I got amber light and normal height only. So I removed the east lift kit and after a few weeks I still have the same issue start the car under a minute and the fault is there when I plugged it in it’s saying the compressor is over heating. Car has sat stationary for a week in wich time the battery drained itself but the car sat at correct height the whole time. I disconnected the battery and gave it a full 16 hour charge refitted and fitted the east lift and same issue. I replaced the compressor in jan 2021 but was only a amk style from eBay.
Could the compressor be faulty and that’s why the fault instantly comes on or do I need to do some checks of other things first.

Thanks in advance

It sounds like something is plugged vs leaking. Because you state that the heigh remained the same after sitting for a while this is why I would make this statement. In some cases if you didn't replace the valve bodies but replaced the compressor the new found pressure in your system will blow the powdered dryer material already in your valve bodies and could clog them even further. this will never allow your system to reach the proper gallery pressure overworking your compressor. This doesn't rule out a faulty compressor anyway.

You could rebuild the valve bodies with a new seal kit if you are technically inclined and if depending on the age of your vehicle if the valve bodies have never been replace just replace them all. Economically the choice is yours. Plenty of people have had good luck with the rebuild saving lots of money and there are a lot of videos online to help you along with it.

Either way be cautious at just throwing money at things expecting it to be fixed. There are a few ways to troubleshoot more effectively narrowing down the issues.

Good luck and let us know how it goes

Post #233820131st May 2023 5:25 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >