Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Faults & Fixes (D4)

Centre front parking sensor pushed into bumper. Options?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Jb757

United Kingdom 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4
Centre front parking sensor pushed into bumper. Options?

Appears the handwash people tackled our front bumper rather enthusiastically the other day and have managed to push the front centre left sensor into the bumper assembly. I’ve tried reaching from underneath but there’s no obvious access to push it back in from behind. Additionally, watching the video on the PowerfulUkLtd YouTube channel (who have helped me so many times in the past to fix things - thank you) of the front bumper removal, it does appear the access would be restricted from underneath the car.

In principle, removing the bumper isn’t necessarily a difficult job, but on an old car like this there’s a strong chance of plastic clips and tabs snapping, plus I was hoping someone might come to the rescue with a tool, tip or link to a solution that would save the removal of the entire bumper please.

The front cameras don’t work (never have in 4 years), which I understand is systemic of the coax cables that lead to them being bent sharply around corners. I suppose if the front bumper were to come off I could always address those too. Does anyone have any experience swapping these front two cameras?

Thank you everyone, as always, for your time and experience.

Best wishes

Justin

Post #236972327th May 2024 8:48 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >