Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Technical (D3)

Not your usual footwell water problem?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Kingy3330

England 
Not your usual footwell water problem?

Hi all. Disco 3 2005 HSE TDV6. I'm really hoping one of you wizards can solve this problem. I got an unusual water leak (not coolant) into my drivers side (RHD) footwell.
My sunroof drain was broken in the usual place so replaced that. I thought problem solved because it rained heavy and was quite a bit of water in. Fitted A pillar repair kit. My windscreen cowl was warped so replaced that. My AC drains are running free. everything dried out. So i thought i had solved the issue...went for a drive with the ac off (to eliminate that - and its not holding its gas). Checked the next morning and is some water again (not much but was 15min drive with no rain on drive or in night). The water seems to be sourcing into the foam carpet from under the plastic foot wedge rest area. It is dry above and around the ac drain. Its dry above behind the pedals. Passenger side dry. Any idea what it could be? Maybe it is that i hadn't dried out completely from under the foot pad and its leaching through the foam - but i thought i had been quite thorough...its now driving me a bit crazy...BTW how do you remove the plastic foot rest? Thank you in advance

Post #23763321st Sep 2024 11:36 am
KPTV8

Scotland 2010 Discovery 4 5.0 V8 HSE Auto Nara BronzeDiscovery 4

I once had a slightly sagging headliner, water would sometimes "pool" up there, when I braked or started down a hill the water would spill over the front edge of the headliner onto dash and stalks and steering wheel.
So, just thinking, you MIGHT have similar trapped water and it escapes down behind the A piller trim into your foot well ?

Post #23766736th Sep 2024 1:30 am
Kingy3330

England 

Hi
Thanks for your reply. Headliner is dry with no signs of leaks at all...had a look around the inside of there when doing the sunroof drains...

Post #23766786th Sep 2024 7:25 am
sbh

2006 LR3 4.4 V8 HSE Lux Auto Zambezi SilverLR3

If yours is the same as my 06 D3, the foot rest 'top' the flat part is prised of, there are then 2 bolts holding the rest in place. I've had the same problem with water in that area and have dealt with all of the usual suspects, so will need to wait and see. The sponge did seem to hold a lot of water and just when I thought it had dried, it still had a bit more!

Good luck with your repair.

Post #23766996th Sep 2024 12:11 pm
Kingy3330

England 

Thanks Sbh.
So simple when you see it. Just could not see the join in the plastic lol. Thank you

Post #23769229th Sep 2024 2:03 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >