Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Dealership & Sponsor Feedback

Stratstones Glos/Cheltenham: SHOCK - A Good News Story
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
christoff

Wales 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
Stratstones Glos/Cheltenham: SHOCK - A Good News Story

I could go on for pages about the Stratstone group, but I'll try to keep it brief...

The car was bought from Stratstones Newport - puerely financial decision - they had cheaper cars than my local dealerships. The price was right, but my god, they tried every trick in the book to get some deposit, commitment from me before seeing/ driving the vehicle (which was on their website but not yet on the forecourt), and arguing and niggling over every detail. To be honest the buying experience warrants a post on its own.. maybe another time. Anyway. Overall, the experience was disappointing and I vowed to stay local and non-franchise from then on.

So, 12 months later, and because most of my working week is in the Cheltenham/ Gloucester area, I've had little choice but to use the Glos Stratsone dealership for the usual, fairly minor warranty issues (leaving the odd printout from the disco3 website on the passenger seat to re-enforce the warranty case Thumbs Up ).

To be honest, quality of service had been poor. The car has been returned, often with work not done because parts hadn't been in-stock (even though was booked in when parts were to be delivered), poor communication etc... leaving me with the feeling that more time has been spent painting my tyres a shiny black than attention to the problem in hand.

Until today!!!! And this is a non-bullsh1t straight up recommendation.

I got to the dealership this evening to go through whats what and got honest, helpful and personal service second to none for the first time in the 6 months or so I've been going there.

The guys have finally got rid of the muppets on the service desk ("you'll notice that 'xxx' isnt here anymore") and they seem to have realised that the service desk is their shop-front and it's where a dealership wins or loses repeat custom... It was like walking into a non-franchise dealership with 40 years LR experience and staff that seem to actually care.

So thanks to Pete on the desk (he cancelled his wife 3 times on his mobile while we chatted - brave man) and the Management at Stratstones in Gloucester for realising there were problems and dealing with it. I'm happy to recommend you guys. Bow down

Sorry if I've gone on a it. I'm still in a state of shock, coupled with a few "calming" glasses of red Very Happy Just dont start me on South Hereford Audi... Twisted Evil

Christoff.

Post #3197048th Jul 2008 10:30 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Shrinky

England 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

I have said it before. They were useless for buying a car but I have had warranty work and first service done there and they are excellent Thumbs Up

BTW..... My office is less tan a mile from them so next time anyone is there come and have a coffee with me Thumbs Up
 Global Warming.... I'm luvvin it  
Post #3197358th Jul 2008 10:48 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
CG

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

my local SS dealers are a bunch of Censored ers

"I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you read is not what I meant" 

Post #3197418th Jul 2008 10:52 pm
Fatboy Slim

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

I hope Scraptone Cardiff read this and take some notice!!!!!!!!!!!!! Evil or Very Mad

Post #32020310th Jul 2008 12:27 am
MrH

United Kingdom 

That's where we bought our D3, and to be honest until recently I was not impressed in the slightest. Especially when they fleeced me for £537 for the 30K service, no extras Shocked (My own fault, I should have asked for a price and shopped around - lesson learnt).

However, as they are my local dealers that where I go for the warranty work, and I too have to say things have improved dramatically in the last few times. Still not sure whether I'll go there for the last service in warranty though - I'm favouring Yeovil or JV Like, that's just based on the site feedback.

Lets hope things continue to improve the same way at other Stratstone sites
 LRs are a fond memory, apart from the maintenance.  
Post #32025410th Jul 2008 9:42 am
stigi

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3
Stratstone Stourbridge = GREAT

I purchased a defender demonstrator from the web as the price was right. Realy pleased with the service I got from Stoubridge. Even when I found a cut in the cubby - they sent me a new box. As it was a defender there was bound to be something wrong with the bodywork - one door nt closing properly so took in to my local Stratstone in Swansea and was sorted and well looked after.
I have heard of loads of bad press for strastone, but I was a happy customer.....
Very Happy

Post #32601526th Jul 2008 5:46 pm
MrH

United Kingdom 

Just got back from them and despite it having to be a second visit because of an admin cock-up by parts, I must say service was very good and the techies even managed to activate the Light/Ambient Rain sensor for me whilst doing the new key fob Thumbs Up

To top it off, Debbie at the service desk arranged for me to get a 60th Aniversary Polo T-shirt grantis as comprensation for dragging me out a second time - top marks again.

Only downer for them is that they are still well over priced for the 3rd service and as Nick has some bits for me to collect anyway, I intend to go to Yeovil for that in the near future.
 LRs are a fond memory, apart from the maintenance.  
Post #3304578th Aug 2008 3:42 pm
741hcr

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 4

Chelt Stratstone today quoted me for first service @ £344 inc of parts, labour, loan car & VAT. Hope I get one of their "good" services.

Post #3961733rd Jan 2009 10:36 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >