Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Technical (D3)

remote FOB not working following EPB fix
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
P. Bianchi

Italy 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
remote FOB not working following EPB fix

Had electric parking brake fixed last thursday at local LR workshop (whole actuator replaced, they said simple cleaning / registering wouldn't do).

Got home, discovered remote FOB won't open/close door. Lights don't flash. Spare key won't work, either.

I suppose that a) some control unit was disconnected and not reconnected or 2) the remote control unit memory has been cleared and must be reprogrammed in order to recognize the keys.

option a) implies i could look by myself for a disconnected cable: where should i look?
option b) means a comeback to dealer Sad

Any thoughts?
TIA
 P. Bianchi, D3 TDV6 HSE - manual, nav 4x4 info, electric roof, rear diff, EGR blanked, EPB actuator changed 3rd times --> twirling balls, compressor twice, no longer MSV-2, Oltrepo' Pavese Hills, Pavia, Italy  
Post #4617472nd May 2009 10:15 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Popelka

Czech Republic 

how about telephone them first and ask what was involved in the replacement, could be they can advise where to look or just "book it in for us to look at sir"
 Experience is a difficult teacher, because she gives the test first and then the lesson afterwards!!!!  
Post #4618833rd May 2009 10:39 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
P. Bianchi

Popelka wrote:
how about telephone them first and ...

phoning them ? an accomplishment
friday = public holyday in italy
saturday = shop closed
sunday = 3rd commandment

will see tomorrow

ciao!
 P. Bianchi, D3 TDV6 HSE - manual, nav 4x4 info, electric roof, rear diff, EGR blanked, EPB actuator changed 3rd times --> twirling balls, compressor twice, no longer MSV-2, Oltrepo' Pavese Hills, Pavia, Italy  
Post #4620683rd May 2009 7:42 pm
P. Bianchi

Brought to dealer for a check

1) this problem totally unrelated to EPB, to their intervention etc. New fault is merely coincidential, mishap, unluck.

2) receiver gone bad or faulty cabling, book in for a deeper look

3) electric diagnosis yielded two error codes within 501-00 body system:

3.1) B1D12-15 volumetric alarm power supply general failure - short or open
3.2) U0155-87 dunno

They anticipate taking off the receiver and following the whole harness looking for loose connectors or grounded cables. Boo Sad

what stands the error code U0155-87 for?

TIA
Post #4629855th May 2009 6:51 pm
stapldm

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Courtesy of Pete at BellAutos here
DTC Guide wrote:

U015500
Lost Communication with Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC) Control Module
CAN Link ECM/IPC network malfunction
Check for other CAN DTCs or apparently unrelated customer complaints. carry out a complete vehicle DTC read.
Check the CAN and module power and ground circuits. Refer to the electrical guides. Repair / renew as necessary.
Refer to the network communication section of the workshop manual.

Not the exact code, but close. My (extremely uneducated!) guess would be that they've broken/trapped/shorted the can bus somewhere and this is causing the faults you're seeing. Or it was already bust and they simply aggravated it.
 Dr. Ian Malcolm:
"Yeah, but your scientists were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, they didn't stop to think if they should."
Transgenic tomato anyone? 

Post #4630805th May 2009 8:56 pm
P. Bianchi

thank you stapladm for your comment. Your guess was also mine (while repairing you must have done stgh). They strongly denied, chief mechanic arguing like that: "cables to remote receiver run that way (points to A-pillar), while what we touched has cables running there (points to door sills). He insisted for me to book for another repair visit. I declined.

Now for the good news. One week after stopping, remote FOB resumed full working all by itself, with no intervention whatsoever.
My guess is for a loose connection, which now makes contact well. till it lasts.

The bad news is, coincidentially with FOB reviving, i'm experienzcing a drop in performance beetween idle and 2000 RPMs, when turbo kicks in. Car is sluggish and torqueless until 2000 rpm, then it suddendly pulls, a very unpleasant on/off effect.

ciao
Post #46626912th May 2009 8:30 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >