DISCO4.COM > Technical (D3)

Faulty brake pad warning
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
alangms

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3
Faulty brake pad warning

Hi,

Having experienced problems in the past with worn brake pads and NO warning, upon exhaustive investigation severe corrosion was found on the main Siemens computer plugs and severel next to the drivers footwell. Problems were inconsistent and resulted often in engine cutting out or going at idle only.

Having now completely stripped and cleaned all these plugs and connections the vehicle has ran like a dream, until yesterday!! Sad Sad

The brake pad warning light and message keeps coming on, often on and off during a journey. All pads and sensor wiring adjacent to the wheels has been checked and the pads are as new (recently fitted).

I have read that several early models suffered some loom chafing which obviously causes problems, can anyone please help point me in the right direction, has anyone experienced similar problems?

Sorry for the long question, but a little background info is important given recent history. This forum was a fantastic help in finding the major problem and I am hopeful help is out there, thanking you in advance Smile .

Post #4753762nd Jun 2009 8:28 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >