Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Maintenance & Mods (D3)

Australian L/R Parts
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>
chesters

England 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Arctic FrostDiscovery 3
Australian L/R Parts

Can I order Australian Landrover parts in this country. Jamo has a clear Landrover bonnet protector, and I want one. (EGR only make a smoked one). Also I want some Australian spec mud flaps.
 Arctic Frost Discovery 3 TDV6 SE, Active Rear Diff, Adaptive Head Lights, Tow Pack, Ebony Leather, Roof Rails, Mantec Guard. Tasmod Stainless Sill plates. Grabber AT's. Home made mud flaps. Side Steps back on until the next time.  
Post #11934413th Jan 2007 1:19 pm
Gurvan

Location: Germany... Not far from both the US and Hard German rock...

France 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Chawton WhiteDiscovery 3
Re: Australian L/R Parts

chesters wrote:
Also I want some Australian spec mud flaps.

What are those ? Soft ones ? If that is the case... I am interested too !
 Georgia On My Mind...  
Post #11934513th Jan 2007 1:21 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
chesters

They are slightly bigger, to keep the crap off the side steps.
 Arctic Frost Discovery 3 TDV6 SE, Active Rear Diff, Adaptive Head Lights, Tow Pack, Ebony Leather, Roof Rails, Mantec Guard. Tasmod Stainless Sill plates. Grabber AT's. Home made mud flaps. Side Steps back on until the next time.  
Post #11934713th Jan 2007 1:24 pm
Gurvan

Location: Germany... Not far from both the US and Hard German rock...

France 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Chawton WhiteDiscovery 3

Ok... Thanks for the information !

I am lloking for soft ones as the the rigid LR model are quite fragiles... Embarassed They are destroyed on my RH side... Embarassed
 Georgia On My Mind...  
Post #11935013th Jan 2007 1:28 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
LRtuning

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Adriatic BlueDiscovery 3

I continually travel back between Oz and the UK...if you have the part numbers I'll get you a quote and shipping costs Smile

Post #11935913th Jan 2007 3:05 pm
chesters

Thanks for that LRtuning I will try to get some part numbers. Cheers.
Post #11946414th Jan 2007 9:48 am
PCH

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

I'm intrigued by the difference in size of the Aussie mud "flaps" and the UK mud "flaps".

So you reckon we Aussies have bigger "flaps" Laughing (not to be mistaken for Censored flaps). Judging by the pics in the galleries it does appear the rear mud flaps on my D3 are larger (i.e. have a section that protrudes along the outer edge) but the front ones look exactly the same.

When I get home tonight I'll have a look at the codes on the boxes of front and rear flaps that I have to replace the busted ones on my D3. I'll let you know what they are. The front mud flaps come as a pair and cost heaps (AUD$120+) where as the rears come separately and were really cheap (i.e, $AUD25 ea). I think that the prcing difference is due to the front mud flaps being options in Australia and the rears are required by law. In both cases the mud flaps come with the metal brackets which don't get broken Mad .

By the way the word "flap" is really wrong for the D3's mud flaps because they hardly flap, they should be called sand anchors or track graders since they are soooo stiff Confused .

Chris
 2011 Discovery 4 (MY12) SDV6 HSE with General Grabber AT's, Traxide Aux Battery system, custom rear drawers and Autosafe half height cargo barrier

Gone - 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE
ARB Bull Bar, Warn 9.5XP Winch, IPF D/Lights, Cooper STT's, LR Raised Air Intake, Traxide aux battery system, custom drawers and half height Autosafe cargo barrier, Mitchell Bros 4x4 tow hitch 

Post #11964915th Jan 2007 2:51 am
LeighW
D3 Decade 

Australia 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Gurvan, don't expect the Aussie rears to be stronger than the UK sourced ones. My experience is that they are not that flexible (see Chris' comments) and I now have a crack in the joint where the Aussie extension starts (possibly from the extra length catching on rough ground whilst reversing and then being folded back at that point).

For information, I intend to replace the standard fitted rears with suitably sized conveyor belting (rubber reinforced with fabric) when the time comes.

Chris, from what I understand, the Discovery 3 requires a larger rear mudflap (if that is the right word) for registration in Australian states.

HTH, Leigh
 LeighW

The old girl is on her third engine...
* first ran a bearing (design failure in original engine)
* second had a failure of the water outlet on top of the engine (pls check yours) 

Post #11965315th Jan 2007 3:30 am
chesters

PCH that would be great if you can get me the codes of your new parts.
Post #11966315th Jan 2007 9:13 am
PCH

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Okay guys here are the codes for the Australian supplied flaps.

CAT500113PCL - Rear LH - price AUD$30.65 plus 10% GST
CAT500103PCL - Rear RH - price as above
CAS500010PCL - Kit Front - Price AUD$ 134.46 plus 10% GST

Hope that helps.

Chris
 2011 Discovery 4 (MY12) SDV6 HSE with General Grabber AT's, Traxide Aux Battery system, custom rear drawers and Autosafe half height cargo barrier

Gone - 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE
ARB Bull Bar, Warn 9.5XP Winch, IPF D/Lights, Cooper STT's, LR Raised Air Intake, Traxide aux battery system, custom drawers and half height Autosafe cargo barrier, Mitchell Bros 4x4 tow hitch 

Post #11968315th Jan 2007 11:05 am
bkehoe

Ireland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

These part numbers do exist on the LR Ireland price list anyway.

CAT500113PCL - €11.53
CAT500103PCL - €11.53
CAS500010PCL - €59.26

Might just try to order the rear ones.
 IE - 05 D3 TDV6 HSE - Zambezi Silver
SA - 07 VW Golf TDI - White - Sold! 

Post #11970115th Jan 2007 12:39 pm
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Do any serious rock crawling the aussie flaps soon get stuffed.
Not as stuffed as a Pootrol can! Sad

Fixed mine with plastic welding and some black caulk.
Anyone replaced them with something moree flexible?
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #12056417th Jan 2007 12:17 am
chesters

Anyone got a part number for the clear bonnet protector. i have ordered the mud flaps they will be in on Friday.

Rear £8.50 each and £40 for the front pair.
Post #12085817th Jan 2007 7:42 pm
Jamo

Australia 

I'll have a look Chesters.

I have to replace mine as the one I had finally gave out at about 65,000km. I'm not sure if you can still get them as some have reported problems with them (bonnet protectors).

I agree with the ohters about the mud flaps. I'm on my third set and three are torn. They are really good on gravel roads, but they can't handle sand or rocks. And like PCH says, they act like little bulldozers in soft sand and bog you down more. I've taken to removing mine before I go onto the beach.
 Have a nice day!
2010 Cayenne Diesel with PASM & Off Road Pkg
2005 HSE D3 (Sold) 

Post #12099917th Jan 2007 11:46 pm
caverD3

Australia 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Jamo wrote:
I've taken to removing mine before I go onto the beach.

Jamo
How do you remove them quickly as there is not much space between tyre and arch (a stubby philips head won't even fit). I forced mine into extended mode with a jack an got one to just fit. Some kind of quick release fixing would be good, any ideas?
 â€œThere are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games”
Ernest Hemmingway
D4 3.0 Active Diff, Adaptive Lights, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Privacy Glass.
D3 2.7:Adaptive Headlights,Electronic Rear Diff,ARB Bar,Blaupunkt Speakers,JVC Powered Subwoofer,Removable Snorkel,Mitch Hitch,Pioneer After Market Head Unit,Steering Wheel Control Adaptor,Remote Adjustable Supension Rod System, Taxside Dual Battery System. 

Post #12106518th Jan 2007 2:54 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >